1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What Anime/Manga are you Currently Watching/Reading?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Yutrzenika, Jul 13, 2010.

1. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Exactly. You've finally seen the point. If you read the manga then I can accept any judgments you have of the Anime, however, if you dont then none of your judgments matter. Its like if someone went to see a movie without reading the book/source material, then called said series bad. It wouldnt be the series thats bad but rather the movie, that person is just too dumb to see it though.

2. yougotmail42

yougotmail42 Active Member

I see your point, but that really doesn't apply here. Reading the manga DOES NOT make the anime ANY BETTER. I'm NOT judging the manga. I'm only judging the ANIME because that's what I've SEEN. I don't care about the manga. (Note: If you really really want to know that badly, I read the first chapter before the anime came out, then after I saw that first episode, I skimmed over a few pages in a few random chapters in the manga and saw, among other fanservice-y things, two naked girls rubbing each others boobs in the shower. Less fanservice? Whatever.)

And with your reasoning, that's like saying that the only people who can judge that animated Star Wars: The Clone Wars movie are the ones who have seen all the movies, read all the books and comics, played all the video games, collected all the action figures, and fought Darth Vader himself. Why can't that ONE MOVIE stand on it's own as ONE MOVIE? Why does EVERYTHING ELSE Star Wars have to be considered to have an opinion on that ONE MOVIE?

Also:
    WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING? It looks like YOU missed the point here. Nobody was expressing hate against the teacher or saying "that stupid teacher should get what he deserves" or anything like that! We weren't saying "Nobody saw the teacher do what he did and he wasn't eaten by a zombie and they still let him on the bus that's totally messed up." The point was: WHY DIDN'T ANYONE SEE THE TEACHER DO WHAT HE DID? THEY WERE ALL LOOKING IN HIS DIRECTION!

3. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

I never said that it was bad, or anything like that. Just said that the anime in particular had a little to much fan service in the first episode for my liking, and that there's lots of cliches to be found within it.
    I do like the anime despite some boobs and upskirts here and there, and some poor writing, poor writing of which I know is present in the manga which the anime is adapted from.

4. im so fly

im so fly New Member

High School Of The Dead

5. CrashmanX

read further, Fan service drops like a rock once you get further and shit gets real.
    You see that point? It was way back there, and you totally missed it.
    Exactly, read further. They weren't looking in his direction, they were looking at the kids running and were busy talking to the chick on the bus. Pay attention people.

6. yougotmail42

yougotmail42 Active Member

The point I "missed" apparently. Basically, this says that you can't judge a piece of media without studying the entire series, followed by an example that supports the opposite. Which is my point.
    And besides:
    They WERE looking in his direction, because the kids were running FROM where he was at, so to look at the kids running would be looking in his direction. Pay attention people.

Anyway, I watched episode 4. It's funny because right when I decide to watch it solely for the zombie action, they give me an episode that has almost no new zombie action to offer. Why did they make a half-recap episode so early on in the series? Well, at least the relationship between Takashi and Rei is shaping up nicely (aside from that one argument that came out of nowhere). I'm wondering if they'll give more background on the other characters soon. As of right now, the only characters I care about are the two leads.

Occult Academy is interesting so far. It might look like a horror show, but it's most definitely a comedy. Episode 1 was a great opening, episode 2 set up the overall plot well, and episode 3 was... all right. Well, episode 3 did give a little bit of background on the male lead, but other than that, it was kind of slow. Possibly because the female lead didn't get as much screen time as she did in previous episodes.

In other news, I saw Black Rock Shooter (episode 1, I guess?). It was weird. There are two stories going on at the same time: one is a high school drama, the other, some action fantasy silent film. The way the show constantly flipped between the two stories was really random, like say it'll show one scene of the main character walking her best friend home, then it'll just cut to them fighting with giant swords and guns and stuff. Sure, it somewhat clears up how the two storylines are connected at the end, but it's still a little confusing. I mean, normally, I enjoy shows that are somewhat confusing, but the two storylines were just so vastly different from each other...

7. Yutrzenika

Been watching school rumble, got up to episode 18. Pretty good stuff.
    I've read enough of the manga to know that the anime follows pretty damn close to it. And I'm not making judgments on just the anime, I'm making judgments on both the anime, and the manga. I've been following reading the manga to shut you the hell up, and there isn't a whole lot that's different in the anime from the manga that I've noticed so far.

Also, going to see a movie based off a book is a bit different then seeing an anime based off a manga.
    Most western movies based off books cut a shit ton of content out of the story, however animes based off mangas usually follow a lot closer, cutting only very minor things out, or nothing at all even, so it's not as bad to make judgments on the series as a whole if the anime adapted from a manga, or movie adapted from a book is really close, or follows perfectly to the source material.

8. justdance234

justdance234 Member

I'm currently watching Prince of Tennis

9. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

Watching Air TV Summer specials.

10. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou.
    Even though it's a Ecchi, fan service is throughout.

11. Yutrzenika

Got up to episode 21 of School Rumble. Really like it. Don't know why I set aside so long ago...

12. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

All caught up on Bleach basicially, give me another anime to watch please?

Stuff like Naruto or Bleach...anything you think I might like.

13. Don9aldo

Don9aldo Well-Known Member

Recently watched Paprika...

FREAKED... ME... OUT....

Big Time!

14. WateryHell

WateryHell Member

I am mostly watching some of the new anime from Japan: Mitsudomoe, Seitokai Yakuindomo, NOT watching Digimon Xros Wars, Asobi ni Iku Yo!, and DBZ Kai on Nicktoons (The Japanese intro turns me off instantly).

Also, Cat Shit One (that is the title, seriously) is weird as crap.

15. CrashmanX

Why not Xros wars? Also if you think the Opening turns you off you should hear either the JP Dub or the Euro Dub, their both hysterical.

EDIT: Oh yea! I forgot to mention that I'm currently watching the Break Blade (Broken Blade) OVA/Movies. Sadly only the first has been released and the 2nd wont be out till the end of next month or so. They are quite epic. Lots of awesome Mecha action and sweet storyline. If you've ever read the Five Star Stories this wont disappoint you.

16. Yutrzenika

I loved that one. XD
    I thought it was pretty sweet. :p

Anyways, I'd be watching school rumble right now, but since we moved, the new place has slower internet. I can barely load YouTube as it is...

17. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

Azumanga Daioh.
    I finished reading the manga yesterday, since I had nothing to do I read all of it in a day now I'm going onto the anime.

18. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Cardcaptor Sakura ::)
    I once started to watch it, never finished and now I got vacation, so I'm finishing it ::)

19. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I'm bored, I need a new anime to watch.

20. CrashmanX

Fucking love that manga! The show is quite excellent itself, I avoid the dub like the plauge though. They gave Osaka, I think it was Osaka, a very southern Accent and it makes her sound retarded.