1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What Anime/Manga are you Currently Watching/Reading?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Yutrzenika, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I'm still watching Bleach I'm currently on episode 249...And there are 280 episodes at the moment.

2. jeff136

jeff136 Active Member

Manga: GE - Good Ending, Defense Devil, Otaku no Musume-san, Kimi no Iru Machi, Umi no Misaki, Inugami, GTO Shonen 14 Days,Onidere and the popular Shonen Jump Mangas.

I am currently not watching animes cause I'm watching Proposal Daisakusen. It's kinda like a real life anime if you watch it.

3. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Generally works better when you dont edit my quotes...... Also, how the hell is Xros Wars Transformers like? I'd love to hear an explanation.
    Also, for HOTD. Yes, it relies on Fan service, no it wont go down as much as you want it to. Most likely there will be more of it thanks to it being an anime.

4. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

I just thought there was a lot less. The first episode was full of busty chest shots, upskirts, and everything between. The recent 2 episodes had some bouncy boobs, and a few moments with upskirts, but nowhere near as much as there was in the first episode.

5. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Manga : Mahou Sensei Negima
    Anime : Rainbow - The Criminal Seven of Compound Two Cell Six

6. yougotmail42

yougotmail42 Active Member

Well there probably is a little less, but I don't think it's as drastic an amount that was lost as you think. Every time they show that nurse character, she's adjusting her boobs with the camera zoomed lovingly into her chest. Also there are some things I'm not getting:
    Didn't anyone see that teacher stomp that kid's face in? How come the students they saved suddenly hate the main character so much?
    So yeah, I'm not really liking any of the drama going on right now. I'm also not really feeling much tension in these past episodes either... The zombie action is really fun to watch though.

7. Yutrzenika

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the characters myself. If I saw a teacher do that to a student I'd easily close the door before he got on and take off. Its REALLY obvious he's gonna get some minor characters killed later on.
    The primary reason I watch it is for the gory action, and because I'm a huge fan of the Zombie Apocalypse type scenarios.

8. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

Jesus man. You sure know how to bring abit of fun down.
    Remind me never to invite you to a party.

9. CrashmanX

Damn, does no one read the manga anymore? No, nobody noticed the teacher kick the student. They were busy watching the bus and the others were busy running. They also dont care for the MC because he's not exactly what you'd consider a Honor Roll student, they're also freaking out because the teacher managed to save his puppets essentially, those who will follow him without question. Trust me, read the Manga, the series gets better. (Though I thought it was already good)

10. yougotmail42

Why read the manga when we can follow the anime? Plus it doesn't help that they're putting an end to manga scanlations.

11. jeff136

jeff136 Active Member

Because there are scenes in the manga that they doesn't include in the anime.

12. yougotmail42

Then reading the manga won't make me like the anime any more than I do now.

Also, why would they exclude such scenes and leave such gaping plot holes?

13. Yutrzenika

When a manga is turned into an anime, sometimes they will leave out some details, that's why.

14. yougotmail42

That's a lot of details to leave out... Unless they explain it later in a series of flashbacks or monologues. These plot holes could have been easily avoided with little effort:
    - Show the main characters distracted from the teacher because they're helping kids on the bus [explains why no one saw the teacher murder someone]
    - Have the puppet students show more loyalty to the teacher by having a few of them stay with the teacher and watch or maybe even help stomp that other kid's face in [hints at why lead female did not want to save them and shows much more loyalty than the same students giving a standing ovation]
    - Having the students who hate the main character acknowledge that they know who the main character is [a simple glare in his direction would do; it's hard to believe that those kids would hate someone they don't know let alone that same someone being the one who saved them]
    No scenes are needed, more details are included, plot holes are avoided.

Arrgghhhhh whatever. It's a zombie anime, forget the story and give me some hot zombie action.

15. Yutrzenika

I didn't read much of the Manga, kinda lost interest, because I'd rather watch an anime of it (And now we have one!), but even then whether it be the Manga, or the Anime, you'd think somebody would be watching their progress towards the vehicle deducing whether or not to just leave, or wait.

16. CrashmanX

Do you 2 bitch enough over one thing? I mean for fucks sakes, read the god damn manga and see the faggot get his fucking punishment. Plus the Manga is way better, it has less fanservice and is father along. Also they're not putting an end to Scanlations, its that you guys cant read it online anymore. Download them, it wont kill you.

17. Yutrzenika

YES I KNOW THAT IN THE MANGA THE KID GET'S CURB STOMPED, I READ ENOUGH OF IT TO KNOW THAT. Jesus Christ, Kid! Shut the hell up!
    Look, look, here's what I said!
    "you'd think somebody would be watching their progress towards the vehicle deducing whether or not to just leave, or wait."
    Note that I said "You'd think", I was just saying that one would think in such a scenario somebody would be watching their progress towards the bus.
    I know that's what happens in the manga too, I read enough of the manga to know that! I never for a moment disregarded what happened in the Manga.
    Based on what you said, it sounds like you thought I was judging the anime without knowing that that's what happens in the manga as well. Like I said (Which I repeat to get it through your skull), I was only saying, regarding both the anime, and the manga, that logically speaking, in that kind somebody should have been watching them, and that if somebody was watching them, they would have noticed it all take place, but it didn't because that's how the manga was written, and the anime is just following what happens in it.
    You don't need to be such a prick about it.
    Learn 2 Logic.

18. CrashmanX

Dumb ass you totally missed the point. You both keep brining up the point of nobody noticed the teacher kicking the kid. What I was saying is that you should read the manga and see what happens to the teacher, see him get what was coming to him. Also, You mad.

19. Yutrzenika

YES I'M MAD.
    But it's pretty obvious he'd get what he deserves, I wouldn't have to read the manga to know that. Is it really that big of a deal if we didn't read the manga first? I mean, we've seen so far that the anime follows fairly close to the manga, so we'd just see it happen anyways.

Also, episode 4 is up! :D

EDIT: Watched it, not as action packed as the others, but still alright.

20. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Digimon Xros Wars
    Digimon Tamers
    Bleach
    Naruto Shippuden.