1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What Anime/Manga are you Currently Watching/Reading?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Yutrzenika, Jul 13, 2010.

1. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Toffee, love the Kenpachi avvie.
    --

I finished Season 4 of Bleach and am currently on Season 5. Season 4 was painful to watch, and so is Season 5, but at least something's actually happening in Season 5...

I managed to grab Seasons 7-10 in English, but they're crappy TV rips. I'm wondering if I can download the Japanese ones and splice the Japanese video with English audio...If not, then I'll probably just stop after Season 6 since that's the last one that was DVD rip quality that's in English.

2. MiseryLC

MiseryLC Guest

Have you tried bleachget.com?
    They got episode 1 to 241 dubbed with acceptable quality

3. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

DARKER THAN BLACK.

4. insanecrazy07

Those are TV rips. The same ones I already have. I wouldn't be surprised if these sources are actually derived from the same original source.

I'm looking for something along the lines of Arigatou's Seasons 1-6 releases that are DVD rips, have no TV-14 or Cartoon Network markings, and are exactly that, DVD rips, which means noticeably higher quality.

But yeah, whether I even get that far is the question. I might just quit after Season 6 since there's more filler arcs to come shortly after.

5. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Fuck. Mahou Sensei Negima is ending in 3 chapters!

6. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

For those concerned about downloading anime, just get Real Player. Allows you to download pretty much any video file you are watching. Whether it's from Youtube or whatever. Works like a charm.

7. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

SO I guess Ken Akamatsu is going to do his usual style of a cop-out and sub-par ending to a phenomenal series.

He did that with A.I Love You...
    He did that with Love Hina...

And now he's doing it again to Mahou Sensei Negima (His greatest work so far IMO).

8. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Persona 4: The Animation

They did a good job turning a great PS2 game to an anime. The first few episodes are rushed. Days would pass quickly there. The anime is also comedic from the start to the half of the series. It would replace a more dramatic and darker feel as more episodes pass. Though the mystery part feels lacking, it's still there.

They don't focus on Persona fights as well. Rather, building relationships, making Arcanas stronger and turning "Narukami Yu" as an actual character.

9. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

Darker Than Black Season 2 (Gemini of the Meteor). Halfway done with it. This anime is friggin so amazing! Probably my favorite of all the ones I've watched. It's going to be hard trying to find ones that compare.

10. insanecrazy07

I actually didn't like Gemini or Gaiden as much as the first season, but they're still pretty good.

11. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

Stopped watching anime on Netflix because we canceled ours

12. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

Now that I've finished Gemini, I have to agree with you. It left WAY too many questions. The whole time I couldn't figure out what was going on, who belonged to which organization, which one of those organizations was the enemy, which of the organizations was good, who was working for who, what people's main objectives were, etc. etc. Plus, there was the ending of course which was just way out of wack. They need to make a season 3. Nuff said...
    Post Merge: [time]1330965724[/time]
    That sucks. You could just watch them online. Youtube has plenty of anime for free on Funimation's channel. Either that or Dubhappy, Animefreak, Hulu, etc, etc.

13. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

I believe that's the reason why they made the Gaiden part. It explains a lot. But still leaves questions hanging.

14. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

Yeah, just finished Gaiden. Cleared up how and why Yin and Hei got separated and added more development to their relationship, but that's about it.

15. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Sora no Otoshimono.

16. Landon1

Landon1 Well-Known Member

YEAH BABY. SEASON THREE IS COMING OUT!!!!

17. jimmytoe

jimmytoe Member

I'm dying for good anime that aren't too bloody or is all "mature" stuff, I've watched so many anime that I can't find much anymore
    Here are some of the anime that I can list: Gintama, Nurarihyon no Mago, Bleach, Naruto, Guilty Crown, Beelzebub, One Piece, TTGL, Digimon Xros, Angel Beats, Another, Fairy Tail, Shakugan no Shana 3, Ben-to. Durarara!, Code Geass, and Hajime no Ippo.
    Can't remember them all, but can someone suggest me a list of great animes with a storyline though i may have watched them.
    Specific Genre I may want are: Epic, Action, Comedy, Dramatic, Fantasy

18. Niflheim

Niflheim Horrible evil rat

dot/Hack, it's pretty shit.

19. matthew.villa

matthew.villa Well-Known Member

at the moment i'm watching

Naruto Shippuuden (Latest episode)
    One Piece (episode 286)
    Toradora
    Shakugan no Shana Final
    Clannad

And i'm reading Naruto

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/RevM

20. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

you might want to try Daily Lives of Highschool Boys (Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou),, Epic Anime, a collaboration between Square Enix and Sunrise,,

It's PURE AWESOMENESS,,,