1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What Anime/Manga are you Currently Watching/Reading?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Yutrzenika, Jul 13, 2010.

1. yougotmail42

yougotmail42 Active Member

Haruhi order is chronological and Kyon order is original broadcast order. Why it's called that way is because during the previews for the next episode, Haruhi will call out a random number and Kyon will correct her with his own. The number Haruhi says is the one that chronologically follows that episode, while the one Kyon says is the next one in broadcast order.

2. justico

justico New Member

First of all, Heeyeyyyy everyone! first post ^-^

I'm currently reading berserk, byooshi 3.3.7, claymore, good ending, nartuto(yup), hmm can't think of anything else
    watching: fma:brotherhood(just finished awesome!), giant killing, naruto(yup).... thats about it.

i recommend berserk though.... it's awesomeness x100

3. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Funny, cause, I could have started from episode 70-80something from when I stopped, but, I started over (from the very first episode) just 3-4 weeks ago and I'm on episode 201 at the moment. Some of the fillers I like cause they are funny.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Much agreed.

I am currently watching/waiting for my collection to be complete of Ghost in the Shell.
    I just need to burn the DVDs of the show and wait for Ghost in the Shell 2.0 and it will be complete.

5. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Reading Bakuman, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Hajimete No Aku, Wild Life, and a some more mainstream manga.
    I prefer to read manga than watch anime.

6. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Fairy Tail
    Nurarihyon no mago
    Densetsu no Densetsu Yasha
    Highschool of the Dead

7. checirecat

checirecat Member

[Masahito Soda]
    ・shakariki
    ・Moon
    ・Capeta

His works are great!

8. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

Still watching Valkyria Chronicles. I think I got to episode 22, and then Megavideo gave me that stupid ass "You've watched 72 Minutes, give us your money so you can watch some more" message.

9. im so fly

im so fly New Member

Neon Genesis Evangelion

10. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Still catching up on Bleach the anime. I'm on episode 210 now.

11. Yutrzenika

Gonna finish Valkyria Chronicles tonight.

12. light_x_dark

light_x_dark Well-Known Member

Currently reading Yakitate! Japan.

All those breads make me hungry.....

13. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Random Anime.

14. Yutrzenika

Cat Shit One: The animated series. Yeah, holy shit, it's pretty weird. It's an anime adaptation of a Manga known as "Apocalypse Meow: Cat Shit One".
    In the manga it's about a US Marines Recon Unit during the vietnam war known as "Cat Shit One". Other than that I don't know much else.
    But here's the twist to the whole thing. They're animals. The Vietcong are Cats I believe, and the Americans are Rabbits.
    The Anime is a modernized version of the Manga, and takes place during the Iraq war, and instead of the US Marines it's a PMC (Private Military Company, an army for hire, pretty much mercenaries). It's all still bunnies, but the terrorists are Camels.
    The anime is all done in great looking 3D animation. It's really good, full of action, and it's definitely really different.
    [​IMG]

15. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Digimon for the lulz. DIGIMON AS TRANSFORMERS.
    Durarara for no reason
    Fairy Tail - AOTY.
    HOTD - Hey, zombies are taking over the planet, HOW ABOUT I SHOVE SOME BOOBS AND ASS DOWN YOUR THROAT. Seriously.
    K-ON!! - <3
    Ookami-san is quite funny
    Pandora Hearts - Don't know why I'm watching it.
    Seitokai - fuck yeah, fan service.
    Toradora! - PURE PUREPARAATO

16. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Well based off of those few lines right there you've contridicted yourself a few times.
    You say "fuck yeah, fan service" yet you bash HoTD for just that. Also Xros Wars isnt as Transformers, more like Sentai Robots or Super Robots in general. I'm not even going to tell you what I think of K-ON!!
    Please also do note that I'm not picking on just you, well I am a little, but that this was more directed at people on this board in general.

17. Yutrzenika

I wouldn't really say it's a contradiction. I saw the intro to Seitokai, looks like it's composed of a lot of fanservice, so that's one of the reasons someone would watch it, for the fanservice, but in the case of HOTD, people go there wanting to see brutal zombie killing action, and what you get is that, plus constant fanservice. I think that's what he means.
    Or you could be right, that's just my theory. XD

EDIT: Speaking of HOTD, I watched episode 2, and 3. Pretty good so far. And there's a lot less fanservice then there was in the first episode, which is nice.

18. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Thats how the series goes, it seems to be getting less and less fan service reliance as its going on.

19. yougotmail42

yougotmail42 Active Member

Ehhh I don't know about that. I think it's more that people know what to expect now and are starting to tune it out. I'm still noticing a lot of it.

20. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member