1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What Anime/Manga are you Currently Watching/Reading?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Yutrzenika, Jul 13, 2010.

1. chimibot

chimibot Active Member

Currently I'm watching K-on
    (picture is a dead give away)

2. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

Parasyte ftw

3. NYman

NYman Well-Known Member

The manga, right? I completed it in 3 days. That's one of the best manga i've ever read.

4. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

Baka to Test season 2. Very funny. I think its the only anime I've truly laughed at.

5. Don9aldo

Don9aldo Well-Known Member

Eureka Seven and Mononoke.

Thanks to a certain anime marathon thread I'll be watching tons of Toei stuff over the next week or so (i.e. Digimon/Sailor Moon/ Dragonball/Ayakashi Japanese Horror).

6. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Black Lagoon.

7. NYman

NYman Well-Known Member

I TOLD YOU TO WATCH DEATH NOTE!

8. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Finished reading A.I. Love You.

It was done by one of my heroes in anime and manga Ken Akamatsu! The same guy who made Love Hina, Negima: Magister Negi Magi, and of course my all time favorite Ah! My Goddess!

9. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

No you didn't. You just posted "DEATH NOOOOTE DEATH NOOOTE DEATH NOOTE" repeatedly in all caps. And first Ep made me meh. Maybe I'll watch it once I watch DTB again after I watch Black Lagoon.

10. NYman

NYman Well-Known Member

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAATH NOOOOOOOOOOOTE!!

11. kenny6457

Yeah, speaking of which, was there every a anime of it?

12. Armed

Armed Well-Known Member

Just finished Kekkaishi. Damn, the ending's heartbreaking!! >_<

13. H_Delta101

H_Delta101 Well-Known Member

Anime : Steins; gate ,baka to test shoukanju ni ,Usagi drop( recommended for everyone),Mayo chiki,true tear.
    Manga: One piece, code breaker.

14. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

Watching: Highschool of the Dead (On ep. 3)
    Recently Finished: Fullmetal Alchemist

Reading: Naruto Shippuden, Bakuman

So far, Higschool of the Dead is ok. I'm watching it dubbed, but some of the voice actors are just terrible. And there's lots of fanservice (panty shots, overly bouncy boobs, etc), which can get quite annoying over time. Plus, it just makes it uncomfortable to watch with friends. However, there's plenty of zombie action and blood. Though the story is pretty weak, the action sorta makes up for it. It's actually a newer anime too (2010) so the quality is amazing. (Depending on where you're watching it from).

As for Fullmetal...IT was freaking amazing. Loved it a lot. I'm afraid to watch Brotherhood though, because I think it looks kind of stupid...

15. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Ranma 1/2

16. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

I'll just summarize HOTD (high school of the dead) in two words: Fanservice and Zombies. The fanservice will just get worse and worse as the anime progresses, but then again, the action ramps up alongside as well. So, if you really don't like fanservice, you're better off dropping that one.

I sorta liked Brotherhood more than the original one myself. Brotherhood's storyline follows the manga so the pacing of the story is jumpy sometimes, but it has more action (in my opinion) than the original. You should definitely give it a try if you loved the first one. (Myself, I LOVED the first one too)

Anyways,

Watching: Trigun, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Love Hina (4th rewatch)
    Reading: Groove Adventure Rave, Mahou Sensei Negima! (This is a f*cking MASTERPIECE! I highly recommend!)

17. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Anime: Ranma 1/2 first season

18. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Doubt (Reading it for the second time) and Judge.

19. kenny6457

Doubt, will read Judge when done with Doubt

20. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I'm about 7 or 8 episodes into Naruto.

I practically lost it when one of the enemy ninjas starting doing a long-drawn out rock paper scissors to summon his Water Dragon jutsu. Seriously, it took him longer to do that than it takes for a Warlock to summon a demon, and that's WITH talents.

I also have Death Note waiting so I might watch that first since Naruto is 220 episodes long...and I hear Death Note is the shitznit.