1. This forum is in read-only mode.

WARNING

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Loonylion, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rizzer

Rizzer Guest

all hail the king of browsers. Well the king in my opinion. Firefox.

Okay enough of the spam now.

Likith_ likes this.
  2. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Do we report the ad involved here in this thread if ever we spot one?

3. Andrecito77

Andrecito77 New Member

I Suggest K7 Security! I love it! I won't flag any games (I tested it), and I even made 4 Different viruses, Trojans,spywares, and malwares and put them to the test! It marked all of them as viruses/trojans/ware, and I even tested running them and BAM! It detected where the files went and it deleted them!

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

You can always report ads to us, either in the site support forum or via PM.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

4 correct detections is hardly a reliable indicator given that theres hundreds of thousands of viruses.

6. xmasterchefx

xmasterchefx Well-Known Member

Although I know that the talk of anti-virus has died down, I'm going to go ahead and mention MalwareBytes' Anti Malware. It doesn't have real-time detection in the free version, but you can run a quick scan and can even pick up the latest viruses and malware. The virus definition database for it is excellent, as its updated all the time.

Then again, you can also stop the virus at the download confirm in most browsers, or just use a Mac. lol

7. ClydeOne

ClydeOne Well-Known Member

Hey, thanks for the info. I haven't been here in a while, so, I was kinda lost. And I'm not going to add to the anti virus talk. Everyone has their own choice that they feel comfortable with. ::)

8. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

i use MalwareBytes' Anti Malware and Norton since i feel stupid to this fake virus detector

9. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

I use IE 7 and Adblock Pro and I've never even seen this silly thing you're talking about! ;v)

10. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

That would be because adblock pro blocks all of our advertising. Which is bad. :(

11. Fennyariel

Seph?! Do you know how many icky things just love going on piggy back rides?! I block ads so they've got nothing to ride on! ;v)

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Just add RomUlation onto adblock pro's list of exemption list so adverts from here will not be blocked.

Don't worry though, loony & seph make sure that any rogue ads get dealt with swiftly, hence threads like this one gets put up.

13. Fennyariel

Well I would Cahos but I still think ads slow down load and are still just plain butt ugly! ;v)

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I actually understand your point, I just backed up seph's post seeing as RomUlation needs the revenue the adverts provide for the site's upkeep & all.

15. Counterstrike

Counterstrike Well-Known Member

tanks for the heads up also i encountered something similiar btu its instead a printer ad..

16. wld_tiger

wld_tiger Member

I am using panda internet security 2009 and it is good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.