1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Warning!-Fake R4 can Brick your DS!

Discussion in 'General News' started by cjdogger, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I would say no, you are better off buying a cycloDS Evolution, EDGE or Acekart 2

2. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Yes and no. See this http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/DS_Bricker
    As far as I know there are no DS bricker apps that cannot be undone.

Crappy flash cards can effectively kill your ds by blowing all the fuses, it is possible to bridge the SMT fuses by wireing over them but its a tricky job and there is always a possibility that damage has occoured beyond the fusing system.

3. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

I totaly agree with Loonylion if you are on a tight budget the Edge card is cheap and has nothing wrong with it at all. The other two cards have a few more features and are more expensive. All 3 have proven to be solid cards worth your money.

Darn sorry, did not mean to double post.

4. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

So if I get this right, the R4 Team is trying to destroy the fakes? but how?
    I dont get it T_T

5. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

It makes no sense to me either unless they are considering a legal challenge to the cloners. Although Nintendo have won a court case in a small jurisdiction flash cards are still legal, so the original R4 team may be able to issue a law suit against the cloners. To be honest I doubt they will.

6. Porygon2

Porygon2 Member

At least I have an original one :)

7. bankaiichigo987

bankaiichigo987 Well-Known Member

it anit nintendos fault if a bunch of idiots in china i havent tested that 2 gb one be4 though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.