1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Warning!-Fake R4 can Brick your DS!

Discussion in 'General News' started by cjdogger, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Those 24 hour backup rules are bullshit though.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the only circumstance in which possessing a commercial rom is legal is when you own the original game AND you dumped the rom yourself. In any other circumstances, its illegal.

3. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Crap! I'm getting an R4 Revolution for Christmas!!!

Sorry for the necropost! Will they all have that sticker or not? The only other two differences I noticed in the card were the dip and color. Why must the internet ruin my Christmas!!!

{EDIT}
    I'm sorry, I didn't see how old this thread was... all I knew is that it was on the front page. Horrible necropost... sorry...

{EDITEDIT}
    While I'm at it, I might as well get it all out in one post. Mine was purchased at http://www.techsick.com/shop/R4-SDHC-Flash-Cartridge-R4SDHC-for-Nintendo-DS-DS-Lite-p-161238.html

Can anyone confirm if it's real or not? It's looking to be too cheep to be real...

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it is an R4 clone that compatible with microSDHC cards, and its rom compatibility is pretty good. It does not use the original R4 firmware, it has its own, and there are no reports of the R4 SDHC causing damage to my knowledge.

5. Deathbreak911

Ah *bows* thank you very much. You have put my mind at ease.... Sorry to have been so... winy sounding...

^.^ This place makes everything better, you know that? (haha)

6. shenkeqin

shenkeqin Member

How the fuck do I BRICK my DS?

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

First of all, mind your language. Second of all, there's even been homebrew that's been known to brick your DS. A flash cart messes with your DS to allow you to play downloaded ROMs, it's a very real possibility that a bad flash cart can make your DS unusable, luckily, it's only very few carts that does it but some clones are made with cheap materials which increase the chance of bricking.

8. Deathbreak911

As a rule for all forums, NEVER quote the first post. We all know what it says.
    Seocndly, I'm guessing your statement is asking what bricking means and how it's done. Bricking your DS means, more or less, you screw up the firmware inside it to an unreparable state and make it as useless as a brick.
    How to go about bricking your DS is much like how you'd brick your PSP, and that's by coruption of firmware, improperly installing firmware, or installing bad or malicious firmware. In the case of the DS it's almost always the third.

9. zaheen

zaheen Active Member

I have a friend who bought the fake even though he knew it it busted his new ds in like 1 month LOL

10. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

If it didn't bust it straight away it's a possibility he downloaded the hentai viewer :p

11. Deathbreak911

DS apps can destroy your DS too?

12. zaheen

zaheen Active Member

Hentai apps? nope he had just plain old games

13. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

You sure? He probably deleted it after the brick...

14. zaheen

zaheen Active Member

um where can i find these hentai apps?

15. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Well GBATemp had it but removed it... Try googling it...

16. Deathbreak911

didn't you just say that they could brick your DS?

Oh, and for all courious, the R4 from Techsick.com works great. I have an 8GB SD card in there right now and am as happy as ever :D NOTE: The SD card reader that comes with the SDHC compatiable R4's is NOT SDHC compatiable itself.

17. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Yes I said they could brick your DS but if people are too stupid to use them after my advice then i'll let them go to their own demise...
    Personally I use the built-in moonshell for my hentai :p

18. Deathbreak911

The comic book viewer works fine for me, I like my harem manga.

Oh, gosh, look how far we're going off topic.

19. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Lolz, well people only need the first 3 pages XD
    Comic book viewer aye? I'll look into that :p

20. q33ny

q33ny New Member

shall i buy it from my local sunday market?
    its for £15

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.