1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Walt Disney Company losing its touch?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by HumrH360, Sep 1, 2008.

1. DevilDinah

DevilDinah Well-Known Member

no matter how good the local movie is, it's natural that disney movies will be aired first, just because it got the name 'Disney' behind it

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

They always overhype Disney and Dreamwork movies, at the cinemas there's always some sort of big poster or big cardboard ad thing.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Add to that my countrymen's lack of patriotism & self pride :p

4. HumrH360

HumrH360 Well-Known Member

Add to that my countrymen's over-confidence & self-supremacy

5. swangtal

swangtal Member

Add nothing to mine.

Isn't WALL-E a Disney movie too? I could go and check real quick, but that wouldn't be fun, would it? I like suspense, gehehe.

Anyway, I know Disney is still churning out a lot of TV products, but I haven't heard of their premiere movie for this year yet. I'm sure there are some coming, but I don't follow up on entertainment news other than games. I know they also have a ton of games going, milking their kiddy series, and there's always those 3 Kingdom Hearts that are hitting next year, so Disney is here to stay.

Am I the only one who like the Disney shows? I mean..sure, they're annoying at times, but I find them to be quite relaxing, and they are just nice and simple.. no fuzz to worry about when you watch one. The one that went above and beyond for me is Kim Possible. God, I love that show (almost as much as I watch Pokemon religiously.) Maybe it's because they show these things in flight, and I used to spend like 40 hours on planes a year.. watching these shows, over and over. Oh, and Phineas and Ferb thing was really awesome too.
    Too bad they demoted their classics (Mickey, Donald, Goofy) to mindless CG kiddy show now. I still recall Donald chasing Chip and Dale with an old school weed whacker in the one episode so well in my head. Hehe..the damn Chinese dance. The song never left my head in 18 years.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

WallE is a Disney AND Pixar production, they seem to have some sort of teaming up.

7. HumrH360

HumrH360 Well-Known Member

And it's the only original good Disney movie so far. Cars 2 is in production I think, but I don't have high hopes for it