1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Walt Disney Company losing its touch?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by HumrH360, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Honestly the only thing I ever watched on Disney is that Animated version of Mr. Bean, at least that's kinda okay.

2. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Disney Channel is losing audience because they always show the same thing, over and over again. I had it, but in a month or two I saw everything there was to see about their shows, and in the next two or three months nothing new came.

3. HumrH360

HumrH360 Well-Known Member

that's what I said earlier, the fact that over five of their tv shows all consist of the protagonist having some big secret s/he can't spill, and besides, Jake Long, Badass Chinese Dragon, wasting time saving unicorns. Chinese Dragons + Unicorns

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

That's the one Loonylion.

5. HumrH360

New subject: Realism

Disney is forgetting to mention that life a roll of toilet paper; We just sit there, waiting for shit to happen. So many their shows and DC "original" movies act as if life will always go the way we want it. In truth, it's the polar opposite. They try to hide the undeniable fact that life is like one of those trap-things that bite onto your leg when you step on them, except we sit on them, and they go off unpredictably. Chance says some kid is being beaten up right now, just because some maggoty-ass fat-boy doesn't have the balls to pick on someone his own size or a bunch of bull-headed bastards gang up on one kid simply because they aren't man enough take care of themselves.

6. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Seriously, fuck the Disney Channel if all they're going to show is Zack and Cody/ Hannah Montana/ all those "sitcom" crap. They're bland, boring, and not funny at all. They need to at least be creative if they want to achieve popularity (and popularity = subscriptions).

7. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

I dunno if it was broadcasted outside Portugal, but at least here Disney Channel broadcasted something called Playground, or something (rough translation). It's about some guys at a school, they made a group, it involved an athletics guy, a super smart girl, an agressive girl, etc. Might be for kids, but it was the only thing I liked back there.

8. wes2les

wes2les Active Member

I agree. And I don't like disney, not really now since I play Kingdom Hearts. I even found myself watching a bit of The Little Mermaid, but yeah, video games aside, they are losing touch. I would like to see some classics on tv.

9. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

i don't know why your still going on about the disney channel, its piale of crap made for kids and has always been and always will be you may of liked it befor but thats cause you where a kid!

as for there feature films they are still better then any other producer of animated films! they still take time to make a good story line.

10. HumrH360

yeah, but when was Disney's last 100% original animated film? Enchanted won't count mainly because most of it was live action. Don't bother with Pixar either, they come out pretty darn fast.

11. equitypetey

brother bear was the last drawn animation and the pixar ones don't come out fast you get confused by the other companies trust me
    hanng on i'm wiki'ing it.

these are the pixar films and they are all great films http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pixar_films
    disney's animated films are all disney pixar now and they are still great.

12. HumrH360

Brother Bear? Sheesh, that's like over 3 years ago! Disney's gotten lazy!

13. anandjones

Really equity? Yeah, the movies don't really look different, judging a few years ago, they look the same to me, good animated movies, graphics wise.

14. equitypetey

its more about story content. they make stuff that is actually watchable rather then just fill it with big names doing the voice overs like dreamworks do

15. anandjones

Like Kungfu Panda, there's about 6 known actors that did that.

16. HumrH360

Hmm. I never got to watch Kung Fu Panda. Is it any good?

17. equitypetey

it is suprisinly good, one of only a few dreamworks animated films i like. it seems like they spent time on making a story line.

18. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I hated Kung Fu Panda, not because of its story or Animation style or those reasons.

I hated it because it was shown at the exact same time a locally made Animated Feature movie was supposed to be shown on Cinemas. Because Kung Fu Panda was Foreign & was "better" it killed the local flick :p

I know the flick was Disney-esque with it's presentation, but that's because the guys who worked on it (Artwork & Animation processes wise), were local & Filipino Artists abroad who worked on other foreign cartoons, like Disney's movies or some Anime productions. And the story's so "typical", but still it was something we should have patronized more than some stupid Panda who knows Kung Fu, no offense intended guys.

The Animated feature movie was "Urduja", google it if you want information on it & this is what she looked like.

[​IMG]

19. HumrH360

Huh, after a look at good ol' wikipedia, It's hard to believe that Urjuda is a warrior-princess just by looking a the poster thing.

20. Cahos Rahne Veloza

She is a warrior princess (ala Xena) but in this flick, they toned that down & showed her feminine side.

They also made her fall in love with one of her suitors in this movie, where as in her "real life" exploits men feared & respected her courage & bravery. Obviously to appeal to audiences, but damn Kung Fu Panda didn't even gave her a fighting chance. :p