1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Video games kill concentration?

Discussion in 'General News' started by mds64, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvertie

Silvertie Well-Known Member

Videogames kill concentration? What a load of....

Hello, have we met?

Seriously; I think videogames teach more than they harm. I mean, MGS- excellent place to be taught about cigarretes. Smoking them kills you, smoke allows lasers to be seen, etc.; As loonylion has mentioned, first aid. (although that's a wierd one). Even the bad things, like maladjusted people going on shooting sprees; they have taught something, just not socially acceptable things.

2. sinharvest24

sinharvest24 Guest

All i know is that gaming helps keep me sane, away from drugs, and i think i learn some stuff ;D

3. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

I play games all the time and my concentration is...what were we talking about?

I actually read as much as i play games.

4. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

I remember an article that said videogames actualy increese reflexes and a certain "type" of concentration (dont quote me on this last)... it can dull your brain since when you play a ,say, jump'n'run game it only exercisess a portion of your brain.Literature is still the best way to "Level Up" your concentration ;)

5. Supie

Supie Well-Known Member

I go to school 8 hours a day then about 1 or 2 on homework, by the time im done with all of that it likes 5 or 6 o clock. Bed time at 10:30 so Im good..thats about 3 hours of gameplay a day.

6. Lechongbaboy

Lechongbaboy Well-Known Member

tekken kills concentration. especially as i am cooking in an hotel

7. MindFever

I never did my homework the same day ...i allways did it 10 minutes before class ,the next day ... and it worked :D (this enables you to play more games :p )

Cute avatar btw...

8. Supie

Supie Well-Known Member

Gr8 advice lol Mind Fever,and thanks 4 the comment on the avatar..

9. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

... it only kills concentration when you allow it to, that's why I multitask, right now I'm also studying for my SATs

10. MindFever

Indeed... btw,isn't that girl in your avatar a famous Japanese model? Dammit, i saw her somewhere ...

11. TAYLOR2O

TAYLOR2O Well-Known Member

I could say yes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.