1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Video games =\|/= -/+ Education?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spifflez, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Joker9392

Joker9392 Member

man i learned aton from sid meier civilization revolution hahahaha i love that game but i learned from both books and video games old and new 8)

2. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

If it wasn't for games, I wouldn't have discovered RomU, which taught me alot. And maybe 30-40% of my vocabulary grew from games.
    Example:
    Because of Guitar Hero On Tour, I learned that the song "Anna Molly" was a play on "anomaly", this I learned a new word. Hurray!

Normal Person: Counter Strike
    Military: "Combat Simulation"

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

My way of speaking is based from American based cartoons, such as transformers and such.

My parents hate the fact that I use American wording despite my mother being taught it in the fillopines (I say ass-meant to say arse here as one crude example).

And I disagree with it, especially with the video games part...see gran turismo.

Sure it's accurate, but a friend of mine who played it a little too much used facts from the game...problem is he used facts from gameplay and not the written material found in it!

So here he is saying "wow the suzuki Escado is the best car it goes faster than a buggatti veyron" (an example of how stupid he was back then) and ended up in a debate...I end up losing because my "facts" were beat down by a bloody game :(

I did learn however the art of "button mashing" thanks to my time with contra, now I'm upbeatable in games that require button spamming such as mario party...though very few real life applications.