1. This forum is in read-only mode.

video games by us

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by codemeister1990, Mar 29, 2008.

?

What do you think of this game?

1. Its incredible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. pretty good, could be better

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. average game, cant complain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. fun fun fun, exactly what doesn't describes this game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. This game was a rip off, and it was free too

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. yep, and as a SUPER MAJOR AWESOME TERRIFIC SIDE NOTE (winter would be proud ::)) ITS CANADA DAY!!!
    A Special Canada Day version has been released and will be able to download until the end of July 2nd. It will be only for this Canada Day and no other!

http://www.4shared.com/file/53523810/7429b48/GOE_Special_Canada_Day.html
    -for the game

http://www.4shared.com/file/51933709/b1e4ad72/RTP_Standard_102.html
    -for the engine (if you've downloaded previous versions, you don't need this)

2. There seems to be a problem with compatibility with Windows Vista, it may work sometimes, but other times an error message may pop up and the game does not run. I am looking into it, however it would be nice if someone here has experienced this problem and could take a screenshot or find a webpage that has spoken of a similar problem. Seeing as how I do not have Vista, I cannot troubleshoot it myself to find the problem, though I do wish to fix it. please post if you have vista and if it worked or not/why.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

this will not be something you can resolve, it is because the version of RPG maker you are using is not vista compatible.

4. One of my friends played in on Vista at one point and it worked though, now it says its missing a windowskin file (I know the file, but it IS in the game)

5. Loonylion

'not vista compatible' doesn't necessarily mean flat out won't work on vista...

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yeah, XP wasn't made to run on Vista, it was made to run on XP (yes) and older systems like 2003. The new VX can be run on Vista though.

7. Loonylion

XP is older than 2003 ::)

8. GOE is at a standstill until I get some much needed help

#Godsofearth on IRC if you wish to give any constructive criticism, need help, wish to help, etc.
    flamers not tolerated

9. anandjones

My bad :p I always get confused as XP isn't named 2001.

10. I didn't want it to come to this, but because of certain...people...IRC...I have added certain people in the game you can kill gays and lesbians to level faster.
    They know who they are and its because of their actions that I have done this. I suggest they smarten up and I don't really care if they ban me from here, because the only people that have decency are very few in this world apparently, fortunately I promote on many other sites and I shall push this game even more now, especially since certain immature people can't get a life. welcome to V 1.4 GOEMG (added the MG)...of course...they could always grow up
    Sorry Seph, but I didn't start this.

11. anandjones

Talking to me, vixx? You know I was just kidding/joking right?

12. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

are we talking RPG Maker XP and RPG Maker 2003?

I thought RPG Maker XP was newer than RPG Maker 2003.

or are we talking OS?

13. anandjones

Windows OS.

14. nah, wasn't you, apparently seph has banned me from IRC :p
    which is funny, but meh
    anyways, screw GOEMG (deletes it)...I'll try to continue working on GOE V 1.4 tomorrow as I wrote down some more storyline ideas and concepts

15. link1438

link1438 Well-Known Member

NO! NOT RPG MAKER?!
    That program was crap on my computer, send a game to a friend, there all like "OMG! A VIRUS DELETE DELETE DELETE HOW COULD YOU SND ME A VRUS??!!!!"

So they got pissed off at me for that. But it was probably just there anti-virus. I also didn't like the style of the game maker.

16. anandjones

The engine is extremely basic, everything is set for you, so you don't actually end up coding in Ruby language for advanced options that much. If you have C knowledge, you can use something like Sphere.

17. I've been thinking of finishing GOE up short and moving onto VX, is it possible to bring XP data over to VX???
    If not do tell if you think I should continue GOE or start anew :-X

18. anandjones

I'm not too sure, there may be a converter or something for the data, try asking or checking at http://www.rpgmakervx.net/, the official forums. If you've been working on GOE for a long time, I recommend you keep working on it, until you feel it is finished, then start a new one on VX.

19. well I've worked on it between 80-100 hours...so you tell me?

And I'm kinda disheartened about it anyways, I mean I didn't expect a lot of people to play it...but its not even at 50 yet. and I've gone from forum site to forum site posting it, and it got stupid after a while. I need somewhere were it can get better traffic
    note : I have tried download.com but for some reason turned me down. If anyone could walk me through it sometime, that'd be awesome ^_^

20. anandjones

Hmm, that's a few days, I suggest you keep working on it a bit more.