1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Video Game Console mascots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by timmy1991, Jul 25, 2009.

1. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Actually Metal Gear Solid story lines started on PSX, but Nintendo did had Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 Snake's Revenge on the NES/Famicom and the old MSX computer and if I am not correct the Metal Gear 2 was totally diffrent on the MSX that was released on NES/Famicom.

I've seem to have noticed that. ;) (based off your Tim Burton comments) but yeah Castlevania isn't for everybody but it has been one of my favorite series for years.

Well....I think we have succeeded on blowing this thread way off topic. Thus I will regain some sense,(or make it worse) maybe Sony and Microsoft dropped the ideal of a mascot in favor of the symbols/lettering they use to define their systems. Sony has the "PS" "PsOne" "PS2' and "PS3" and they also use the controller buttons of X,Square,Circle,Triangle as a symbol and Microsoft has taken the "X".

2. I kinda think that's splitting hairs, but most people refer to it as the X button not the cross button, chances are the very people who work at Sony even call it the x button. so wouldn't the name of the button change with popular use?