1. This forum is in read-only mode.

US Republicans support Israeli military strikes against Iran.

Discussion in 'General News' started by Oteupaiecona, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oteupaiecona

Oteupaiecona Well-Known Member

Seems like some people are eager to bring on Armageddon sooner then later.
    They "know" that in order for their lord and savior to come and take them away to Disneyland in the sky, Israel must first engage in a war.
    That war, they now believe, is with Iran.
    So what to do, in order to have big daddy in the sky come down here really fast?
    Support Israeli military strikes against Iran, what else?
    It all makes sense!
    Israel strikes Iran, Iran retaliates, the whole Middle-East engages in a war (ridding us once and for all of both those nasty Muslims and those pesky Jews), and the good white Christians will all be taken to the sky, and escape the deadly horror those Christ deniers will have to face.
    PDF link:
    Resolution Green Lighting (H. RES. 1553)
    Now, am i the only one who thinks there is a religious motivation for this, or is this resolution just shear stupidity?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

not religious, commercial.

3. Oteupaiecona

That spiked my interest.
    Could you please elaborate?

4. Loonylion

iran has oil and the US wants it. Plus war is always good for business (weapons sales etc) Also having more countries under their control gives the US commercial advantages. Additionally, the US likes to act big and tough and thinks they're the world police, and iran has been baiting them.

5. Oteupaiecona

Yes, i agree with that.
    But why not have US do the preemptive strike if those are the sole motives?
    Why are they supporting a foreign nation to strike another foreign nation?
    And given how embarrassingly religious most American republicans are, i really don't doubt they actually believe in that crap.
    I just don't see any other reason to come up with this resolution.

6. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I dont think its religious, that doesn't seem to matter much anymore, its just an excuse sometimes.
    All people care about now is money.

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I agree with loony.

The thing that has fueled every war since WWII?

One word.

Oil.

8. msg2009

really?
    EVERY war?

9. Oteupaiecona

But i still don't see why they wouldn't pass a resolution for the USA to strike Iran, instead of Israel.
    Maybe it's because with Israel they have the lame excuse of a preemptive self defense, but i think they if they wanted to, they could say the same about the US (Just look at Iraq).
    So, why Israel?
    Post Merge: [time]1280081913[/time]
    I disagree.
    I think a lot of the people who are in power here are deeply religious.
    Granted, many of them just pretend to be, in order to gain support from their very religious followers, but look at Mike Huckabee for example.
    The man doesn't even believe in evolution!
    Also, the people in the middle east are also, i think, very religious.
    So yeah, it's basically three very religious nations that are in this mess.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Just about.

11. msg2009

But is religion the reason they are doing this? I would like some proof if this is so.
    Been religious doesn't mean you do everything just because of that, greed is still greed no matter what god you believe in. And money rules nowadays.

12. Oteupaiecona

I don't know if it is the reason.
    I understand and agree with the reasons provided (money, oil, etc), but i just don't see why the resolution wouldn't be about the USA striking Iran.
    Why is the US Congress inciting a foreign nation to strike another?
    And given the massive support Republicans get from Christian Zionists, it is not something that surprises me.

13. Loonylion

well the US attacked iraq and that didn't really go down very well with the rest of the world.

14. Oteupaiecona

Right, and also, another reason i was thinking about, is they might have figured out the current president would not go for a preemptive strike.
    So yeah, maybe religion isn't the reason for the resolution, but i'm pretty sure they don't mind all the support it will get from the religious nutjobs who believe in this doomsday crap.

15. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Religion is the greatest way to enlist millions, billions of people to do what you want them to. There are many, MANY things you can promise that they will work for.

16. mrsmes

mrsmes Guest

down with religious topics and conspiracies.

17. Oteupaiecona

The topic doesn't need to be religious.
    I was just pointing out that to me, it seemed this resolution had religious motives.
    I still don't understand why so many people would be eager to start world war three.
    But i guess greed can, and does, bring about as much stupidity and blindness in people as religion.
    However, we can just discuss the resolution in itself, without discussing the underlaying motives.
    People can say if they agree with it or not, and the reason why.

18. msg2009

I can't think of anything to discuss without bringing up the motives.....

19. Oteupaiecona

He, i wasn't saying we can't discuss the motives.I was just trying to show how this doesn't need to have religion involved.
    For example, i would like to know if anyone here believes Israel has the right, and should do a preemptive strike on Iran.
    As for me, i think it would bring us one step closer to World War III, and is therefore a dumb move.
    But if you have anything else to add about the motives, feel free to do so!

20. msg2009

I highly doubt it would start world war 3, there will never be another world war unless someone can match the united nations combined power.
    Any war on a large scale would be more "conventional" than todays terror wars and the USA would clean up any country in a matter of months.

Nobody has the right to a preemptive strike, its sometimes a military advantage to do one but certainly not a right. Until war is declared everybody should be working hard to prevent it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.