1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Us humans are like parasites ...

Discussion in 'General News' started by vanlovedao, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

And do you rely on media coverage to draw all of your conclusions. The media itself is a parasite, feeding off the attention of warped articles and not so truths. Remember, A little self research never hurt anyone.

Though I do agree on some aspects, greenpeace can take things way too far without taking everything into account, hence why I quit.

2. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

And what should I rely on? What can I research only media? Everyone is biased in some way

3. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Some websites are impartial, fact based...

4. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

But they can decide which facts to include/exclude right?

5. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

A fact is a fact, it is true. I don't see why they would exclude facts that are connected to a topic...

6. geffo

geffo Active Member

lets us look at the Us past they are a war driven country every war they have been involed with involded the main sweet key of MONEY i dont really no wat to say bout the us just with war oh dear

7. Once

Once Member

The real parasite is the lack of care about the earth.not humans.

8. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

Humans aren't LIKE parasites
    we ARE parasites

WE suck the life from our host (the host being earth)
    BUT we go beyond that, we also kill the other creatures living here
    So really we are worse then parasites, Imagine us more like flea's that pull out all the dogs hair and build cities in its place, then start drilling into the dog to take the blood easier.

9. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

so are you even from earth?

10. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

So the United States fought their wars based solely on the aspect of collecting money?

Tojo, Mussolini (might want to check my spelling on that one =p), and Hitler had no part in the United States' decision to enter World War 2?

I can go on wit ha few other wars, granted my history is a little rusty so it isn't much, but that has to be one of the most biased (and off topic) posts I've seen in quite a while.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

US had been selling weapons to the allies throughout the war. public opinion was against joining the war so for the president to have the US join would have been political suicide. Once the American passenger ship (can't remember the name) was sunk by a German U-boat, public opinion changed and the US joined the war, as the president had intended to all along.

12. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

You mean the Lusitania? That was World War 1, and the Lusitania was British I think. Pearl Harbor being bombed was what sparked our entrance for World War 2 wasn't it?

13. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

Humanity, in my opinion, has become disillusioned. We think of ourselves as separate from each other (black, white, male, female, Christian, Muslim, etc) and separate from nature (the belief that humans > animals when we ARE animals). Note that I use "we" in a general sense, not literal.

Technically, we're not quite a parasite.. if we're parasites, then every living thing on this planet is a parasite. That's too broad of a definition. We're closer to an overpopulation. Without technology, we are weak beings. Our young must be protected for many years before they can take care of themselves, we're slow, have poor olfactory capability, pretty good eyesight, so-so hearing, and no natural defenses like claws. Gestation is quite long @ 9 months and birthing can kill the mother, so continuing the species is quite a task. If not for our intelligence and technology, we would still be the nomadic race we once were, that struggled to survive like every other animal.

Don't believe my judgment? Take a look at any other animal our size. Bears, large cats, wolves, deer, other primates... there isn't a single animal that matches our size that we can take out with raw strength. It's our intelligence that has allowed us to survive and transcend the food chain. It's also allowed us to escape evolution. We fashion our environment to suit OUR needs instead of the other way around.

Digressions aside.. you can ease your remorse by trying to do something about it. Cut down on your spending, start a garden, drive less often, use less energy.. there are ways you can ease your conscience.

14. IronTank

IronTank New Member

Ummmm, Evolution is a theory. Science could be a creation of the Greater Being. Evolution would have made us all great and equal if it were real. We'd all be the same including the animals and monkeys we 'evolved' from. Scientists spend too much time trying to explain how we came to be here by chance. -i.e.: if an apple fell on your head, the reasonable explanation is because that apple fell on your head why say that you're trying to get assassinated by gravity? Also, there's plenty of time before this sun explodes, if it does.

Note: The Bible cannot be defended by the Bible especially if the nonbeliever won't read it for facts.

15. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

This.

Also, I'm reminded of the original Matrix movie. God, that was great.

16. knightroad

knightroad Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, this thread has popped again.....

I have avoided saying anything due to the general feeling that most people on this forum do believe in evolution, but I don't.

We might be parasites in this current point in time, but I don't think it was meant to be that way. This planet has everything life needs to exist, it is we as humans who have chosen to take more than what we need to survive. Earth was meant to be a habitat, a home for life, and that includes us, not just the plants and animals.

It might be naive, but I still believe that paradise will be restored someday.

17. chukapi

chukapi Guest

For me i don't think every single one of us are parasite.. But we still got a chance to change our way, nothing is too late if we try..right? And for me the reason why we here because of everything that lives in this planet we our the only beings who are capable to protect it.. we just need to realize that.

18. zinectics

zinectics Well-Known Member

while reading this post

i remember stephen kings novel THE STAND

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.