1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Us humans are like parasites ...

Discussion in 'General News' started by vanlovedao, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanlovedao

vanlovedao New Member

For so long, we believed that we are created by Gods, or that we are the divine beings. Thanks to science and the Evolution, we know the truth about our origin, that, unlike what the myths tell us, we are not any favored species, that, we came from the same place as any other creatures in the Earth.

Still, human is the superior species, because as we are winners of the survival of the fittest, we have proven ourselves to be the most suitable and strongest race in the world. We deserve to live our ways proudly.

There's nothing wrong with it. It's all good.

But.

Sometimes, I can't help but think that, we are not really wanted or welcomed to exist here at all.
    The universe doesn't want us.
    The Earth doesn't want us.
    Why? Because, to the Earth, we are nothing but parasites to her.

Isn't it obvious? We came out of no where and made the Earth become a place for ourselves, as if it was made for us. And in order to live and satisfy our needs and desires, , we keep sucking everything out of the Earth. We try to get every little minerals she has. We burn and level the woods. We made the atmosphere thiner and thiner. And the list goes on.

She fights back sometimes though, by causing disasters like earth quakes or typhoons etc, but that's all she can do. Nothing can stop us, because we dominate the world, except us human ourselves. So, yeah, we try to heal the Earth too. But it's just so we can suck from her more, like how we feed a pig to get it big, so we can eat it better. We use beautiful words to conceal our dirty deeds, but a truth no one can deny is that, to the Earth herself, we humans are nothing more than parasites.

Sometimes, I wonder, maybe the Earth would be a so much better places if humans were cease to exist. It would be an ideal equal world, so much fresher, cleaner, and safer, for there'd no longer be any total annihilation threads by nuclear weapons.

Those above are just my thoughts and opinions in the name of truth, not written for optimism or pessimism, nor affected by any religious. If you think I'm right, agree with me. If you think I'm wrong, point out where it is wrong and back it up with facts.
    No hard feelings.

2. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

all very true, in the end all people want to do is prolong and preserve thier lifestyle nomatter the the consequences.

3. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

The earth isn't conscious ::)

You sound like you belong in greenpeace...hippie

4. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

lol

5. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

He's right, though. The earth isn't conscious. Humans, on the whole, can't comprehend they can't compare to. We're hurting the earth and it's inhabitants no more than an overpopulated predator would.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

James Lovelock seems to think otherwise

7. Girogex

Girogex Guest

James lovelock sniffs charlie !

8. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I sooooo hope you haven't read that one poem. That one poem can turn a positive person into a hateful angry person... If it's a poem that made you think like this do not post the link to it or paste it.
    Yes we are like parasites but it's the corrupt that misguide many. We need to think about other things than ourselves more. We aren't parasites though...

9. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

So what if we ARE parasites? We don't scold tapeworms, we live with them and try to get them to go away. We are what we currently are, and no thread in a forum, no matter how awesome the forum is, will change the idiot masses to do anything else.

10. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Listen to the dude above^
    We do take, we do damage but we need to live off something, we need energy. That is life. The Planet is a parasite to the sun anyways

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Not quite because the earth is not feeding off the sun, the sun is radiating the light and the earth happens to be making use of it. If the earth was actually drawing the light from the sun, that would be parasitic.

12. ultra

ultra Guest

to some extent we are, especially during the industrial revolution as we were hunting down on resources of the planet [coal, iron, etc....]. even today, third world countries are hunting on natural resources. china for instance use coal, which comes from the earth and i doubt they're going to be returning it other then massive pollution. if suppose there weren't any wildlife enforcements, most or all of the animals in africa and any other parts of the world would have gone extinct sooner then you'd think.

but to some extent we aren't as we try to preserve and better the world through conservation. is it enough, probably not. but we are trying. additionally, we are trying to obtain energy through other sources other then from the earth.

13. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Someone here has been listening to Joe Rogan recently, am I right?

Yes, of course I am. I'm fucking awesome.

14. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

parasite? actually human is more like virus or cancer.

every living thing in earth have thier own function, except for human.

15. ultra

ultra Guest

maybe humans are your classic outer space alien destroyers, that is go into space, populate a planet full of resources and take it. maybe that is the function of humans, to destroy, which would then enable new life.

16. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Well the ball of gases that make a solar system then... Y'know how when the sun explodes eventually all the stuff comes back together again or the star will become one of those lame thingies...

17. Miminari

Miminari Well-Known Member

When the sun explodes, I'd doubt many of the planets that need the sun will exist, or rather, come back. XD

And I forgot the name of the "lame thingy" that is mentioned. D=

18. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

isnt that what we do best?

19. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Go easy iamlegend, that sounds like a personal attack to me.

Also for your information I worked with greenpeace for a while, and your views are incredibly skewed.

20. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

It's not a personal attack of any sort

And maybe you're right, maybe my views of greenpeace are skewed,
    but I only have media coverage of them to draw conclusions...
    And the conclusions I (and many others) have drawn are not good...

One thing that really gets on my nerves is their critiscism of ExxonMobil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.