1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Underwhelmed?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by CloudBoii12, Sep 13, 2009.

1. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

not that much but still controlling flying vehicles is hard

2. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

The game is only hard because of its controls.

3. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

This.Sometimes I just can't control my guy.

4. that3d-trapezoid

that3d-trapezoid Well-Known Member

Truth be told, there're a lot of things missing in the game.
    Maybe more variations of interaction would've made a difference. That's just my opinion, though.

5. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying the game is shit - nothing of the sort!
    I'm just saying, it's not as great as I thought it would be; my expectations FLEW into the sky because everyone was so "OHMIGOSH!!!" about it.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

As you can see everyone-nex26 has spotted my purposly made mistake.

EVeryone must clap for him.

BTW-that is an example why I didn't bother-there are many words I knowbut lack ability to spell correctly-and thus certain tools in the game I'd wish to use would be out of reach unless I locate the mythical dictionary of the house-long lost during the great move.

7. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

I meant vocabulary :p
    Spelling and grammar are other story, you're right.
    I'm still learnig you see ;D
    And I really messed up with this, I forgot whar "grammar" and "spelling" means.
    Shame on me for being so stupid :p

8. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

Careful about expressing this opinion in the IRC channel. You'll get ganged up on. :p

I have similar feelings. I think the game's concept has a lot of potential, but the level of interaction with objects isn't enough. Now, if it had turned out like a DS version of LittleBigPlanet... hoo boy, that would've been epic. In it's current state, though... it's mildly amusing. It's main value is seeing how many ways you can complete the same general objective. The controls and shallow level of interaction with objects is what killed the game for me.

9. Firefrog

Firefrog Member

I was impressed by the many things you can write but, the missions tend to get a bit boring from time to time. It would have been better if it was a full-fledged adventure game instead of puzzles but then you could beat it easily unless there'd be a writing cap at the beginning. I still like the game though but it's not that good to play for a long time.

10. TsubameOzuno

TsubameOzuno Member

I am too. I think the basic premise and mechanics are fantastic, but I have a few complaints.

Complaint 1: The control scheme for controlling your avatar is atrocious. I spend so much effort sometimes getting him to jump when he doesn't strictly need to. It's a huge oversight really.

Complaint 2 (and the more major one): As cool as it is to make stuff by writing it in, and you can make nearly anything, the core gameplay is really simple and boring. You can probably make it through the game using no more than 2 dozen of the same objects. It's just too simplistic. They did a great job developing the in-game dictionary, but forgot to do much else beyond that.

11. darky000

darky000 Well-Known Member

^ They can't go beyond that. It is in the DS. No memory to handle large amount of objects interacting. Sad, I know.

On Topic: Yes, I feel a bit bored after doing some missions. It isn't just enough doing the same thing without too much depth of the puzzle if you know what I mean. Then again, this is still a new innovation and hopefully it will be the game of the future. Dynamic gaming ftw! :)

12. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Humm... now that I think of it, it's us who decide that the game will be boring or not. Yes, almost all of the levels can simply be beaten by a flier, rope, glue, platform, and heavy hitter, and some level-specific items. But we can always challenge ourself by playing the game in your own way. :D

One of my favorite way to play the adventure mode is "bring the starite to you", try to make the starite closer to you, tie it to balloons, blow with air vents, tie it to an atheist then spawn god, tie it to a horse then make the horse run with a carrot, etc... Something like that. :)

But I must admit some levels are a bit too repetitive. :(