1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Unable to use cheats

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Davidw2610, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

It's just an opinion of my word.It had nothing to do with your solution.

Though so as just as I predicted or so on.
    And by on,it's correct.On not onn.Still,I see nothing to do with the solution that I gave.

Edit :
    So far,I don't know anything about it's feature.Lets leave it for Anand or others to answer it.

2. Davidw2610

Davidw2610 Active Member

oh

Post Merge: [time]1250608176[/time]
    ok

3. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

[quote author=Common Issue Thread]Cheats don't display on Flashcart
    Easy fix, flashcarts like the R4, cannot read databases over 4MB or read from databases that have over 800 game entries (since you may have gotten it from here probably because of firmware bugs or perhaps they load it gradually into main RAM. Solution? Just use R4CCE by Yasu to modify and delete entries out of the database. This should allow those cheats you want to enable, show on the firmware of your flashcart. Or, you can patch the R4DS kernel using r4bugfix2 (google), which fixes the flaw.
    [/quote]
    Try using this method.

Edit : Skip the r4bugfix2 part.You'll be needing only editing and delete entries part only.

4. Davidw2610

Davidw2610 Active Member

ok.
    whenever I load a game it freezes unless i select ys menu first, then choose the game.

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

YSMenu is the default firmware you're running? DMA is Direct Memory Access, a method to copy data in terms of programming. DMA Mode would enhance a game's performance using background work.

6. Davidw2610

Davidw2610 Active Member

Yes, YSMENU is the default firmware I'm using.
    Is ther a different default firmware I can try?
    Post Merge: [time]1250691384[/time]
    Ok, if any of you who have YSMENU as default firmware would like to try what i have to do to play a game, then here is what I do.
    1. I boot-up system.
    2. I select the YSMENU's icon.
    3. The Game Menu Appears.(Dsision, Mpcsongs, Pics, Skin Selecter TT, Games.)
    4. Only then can I select a game to play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.