1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Discussion in 'General News' started by Devon, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Sauce: http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2011/07/20/ultimate_marvel_vs_capcom_3_announced_

CAPCOM®, MARVEL ENTERTAINMENT PREPARE FOR EPIC REMATCH IN ULTIMATE MARVEL® VS. CAPCOM 3®

SAN DIEGO, Calif. — July 20, 2011 — Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, and Marvel Entertainment today announced that Ultimate Marvel® vs. Capcom® 3 is in development for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will take the epic battle to all new heights with new iconic characters from the Marvel and Capcom universes, a refined fighting system, eight new stages and new modes when it releases this November for the low MSRP of $39.99.

The highly acclaimed fighting game adds 12 new legends to the robust Marvel vs. Capcom 3 roster, bringing the total overall roster of characters up to 50. The first new characters revealed for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 include much-requested Capcom character Strider who slashes his way into the fray along with Ghost ‘n Goblins™ villain Firebrand. On the Marvel side, Ghost Rider will finally exercise his vengeance and Hawkeye will pick apart foes. More characters will be revealed in the coming months.

In addition to characters, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 features a host of enhancements and new features to improve the game’s balance and online functionality. One of the biggest additions to Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is the fan-requested Spectator Mode, which allows fighters to watch live online matches together. With multiple improvements and 12 new characters, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 brings home the ultimate fighting experience for newcomers and pros alike.

Here's a "leaked" character list.
    Sawce: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437950

Capcom

Firebrand
    Strider Hiryu
    Phoenix Wright
    Vergil
    Nemesis
    Frank West

Marvel

Hawkeye
    Ghost Rider
    Dr. Strange
    Iron Fist
    Rocket Raccoon [? ? ? ? ? ?]
    Nova

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

the milking continues

3. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Pretty much what they SHOULD have had when it was released. And this makes me wonder why this couldn't be a DLC pack. I've seen plenty of DLC that's 2500 MB, which is close to 50% of the original game. Sad...

We're still 8 short on characters. And I love how they keep saying that they've added 12 new ones. It's as if they're trying to compensate for something...

4. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

Well said

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

The herd of cows shall never run dry!

6. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

well, better to release what is essentially a patch as a full blown $40 game instead of say... making something different, like MML3

oh capcom

7. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

I'm so glad I saved my money.. phew!

On the other hand, will there actually be people that'll buy this?

Phoenix Wright YUSS!

Capcom has become the new Activision...

8. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Of course.

9. insanecrazy07

This is really my only way of getting extra post-release content is through a separate disc-based release of the same game.

Same goes for any other game that is re-released with DLC content on the disc.

I just hope someone will have found a way to fix this for 3.55 CFW.

10. slapmeorelse

Too scared to use a credit card to order DLC?

11. insanecrazy07

Hacked PS3.
    ...or in other words, I have no choice but to stay on a lower firmware than what is current, meaning no PSN.

12. slapmeorelse

That sucks. You have to sacrafice the ability to play online

13. insanecrazy07

Which I never did in the first place.

Back on topic:
    The only new character I know from that leaked list is Phoenix Wright, which ought to be pretty funny to watch him fight.

14. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I knew everyone but Rocket Raccoon. I guess he was put there as Viewtiful Joe's counterpart. Nova is incredibly boring, I could think of plenty of people to put in front of Nova; Venom/Anti-Venom was one I hoping for.

15. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

16. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

Capcom is officially trying to bury Mega Man.Capcom where have you lost it? ::)

17. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

That's Megaman X, not Megaman

huge difference

18. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

"Or at least one of them"

19. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

20. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

lololol we got a Raccoon about 10 people have heard of total instead of a form of Mega Man, a character that everybody wanted.

trololol'd by Capcom.