1. This forum is in read-only mode.

UK and Recession

Discussion in 'General News' started by cjdogger, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Exactly
    It's the majority vote I know! But somethings the government do are not what the majority wants! And you think i'm stupid...
    Proof? Lawl... Seriously? You don't know what makes them assholes? It's common knowledge

2. Girogex

Girogex Guest

Re: Why I had to kill gordon brown

Why dont they just print more money ? I dont get it ? All you need is TO PRINT MORE MONEY !

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

would drive inflation up, increasing the price of commodities and devaluing the currency. Look at what's happened to Zimbabwe's economy.

4. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

printing more money will only cause it to lose more of its value. salt used to be used to show a persons wealth way back in the days, then when peasants realized that they could get thier own salt from the ocean salt became practically worthless.

Edit: loony beat me to it :)

5. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Or Germany's currency after the world war 2. It's basic supply and demand stuff the more you print money the more the supply increases and the more the demand for it decreases so it becomes totally worthless

6. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Printing money is like adding water to pepsi; the pepsi is like the economy you see?

7. Girogex

Girogex Guest

I know lets eliminate currency, the world would be a much better place :D

8. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

But then how would trade and getting items be affected?
    It could go communist; the entertainment industry would stop and trading items is rather difficult espescially for important services like the police. No way in hell that would work

9. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

It would go back to barter trading without currency. Which is harder to complete as it is hard to get an equal trade though it seems to me barter trading is more fun.

10. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

barter and trade worked back in the day where there were fewer items and services. These days with an endless number of mass produced items barter and trade just wouldnt work out.

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Just a silly thought. Say barter was still in use:

On RomUlation's premium membership page:

Need more points? Want to be able to open more download instances on your browser? The go premium, with just two dozen fresh eggs or a dozen coconuts will earn you premium membership for a month ;D

12. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

it seems like recession happen everywhere in the world....

in malaysia our goverment havnt said anything about recession, but the goverment have been paying my electrical and water bill for months now, and they have a lower EFP rate (its a type of fund for local retirement plan), ad about gorverment have been subsidize in other stuff like gas and food.

13. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

lawl, goin off topic but wonder what Seph will do with those eggs, doubt he'll eat them

14. Loonylion

pretty sure he would. or I would.

15. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

but wouldnt he have to gather up all of the egss and give them to the webhost and servers, unless maybe he gave them cheese instead.

16. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

*cough* off-topic *cough* <- hint.

17. Girogex

Girogex Guest

*cough* sorry *cough* <- hint.

18. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

*cough* Lolz *cough* <-Rhubarb

Anyways; look at the trouble between immigrants and unemployment... Loads of strikes and stuff :-\

19. Loonylion

uncontrolled immigration over the past 7 years is partly why the economic/job situation is so bleak over here.

20. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Well politicians don't listen when people tell them that they don't like the way immigration is although it is a democracy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.