1. This forum is in read-only mode.

UK and Recession

Discussion in 'General News' started by cjdogger, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Bwahahaha!
    Looks like greed has ruined us!
    The banks and the government are so greedy that our country has shown what will come to the rest of the countries; so America, so Japan and all the other MEDC's look what has happened, it's officially been announced now; a Recession, the dreaded 'R word'!
    And look at all the job losses and at the prices, even mortgages aren't being allowed with alot of the banks
    So what do you think and do you reckon the coming Olympics have something to do with this?

2. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Re: Lolwut to the UK: Recession

weve been in a recession for a while now, its no new news thats for sure. Its about time we had a good old panic, I love watching the world in chaos. And what the fuck does the Olympics (which are in how many years...) have anything to do with the recession?

3. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Re: Recession

Hey! Why did you change the title?
    And the Olympics coming up are going to be in the UK, and guess what? They are spending billions on it to try and match China.
    They can't afford it really...
    And haven't you seen the news announcements; it's now official and the drops are big!
    Recently the big companies have been shutting down too; soon millions of jobs may be lost!

4. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

1. because lolwut is not appropriate for a title, how long have you been on these forums...? you should know the rules by now.
    2. Pretty much the entire world is in a recession, it may be worse in the UK due to the Olympics, but that has very little to do with other countries. Its mostly the banks fault, lending money they don't have to people who cant pay it back. Money these days is digital credits, passed from one card to another, if every person in the world went to the bank right now and withdrew everything they had there wouldnt even be close to enough money to go around.

5. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Well that's why governments and the greedy suck.
    And what's worse is that the state we are in means that printing money will screw the economy but there are more and more being born and more and more needing jobs.
    So civilisation is in decline; and to add a stupid idea with a stupid idea we have the Olympics and what happens in the MEDC's affects the world now...

I don't like this world...

6. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

weve hit (or are close to) the top of the standard population curve. most of the Mayans predictions so far have been pretty correct so you wont have to wait too much longer. The world is supposed to end in 2012, and the way the worlds going now im pretty sure itll happen (fingers crossed for a massive comet!). But its not only governments, its everyone, anyone and everyone can get a credit card these days, racking up products they dont actually have money for. Personal debt these days is chronically high.

7. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

don't blame the government so much, they're the ones bailing everybody out.

it would not be half as bad if people didn't get swept up by media hype, if people spent their money the companies in trouble wouldn't be and things would be allot better.

banks are the evil ones in this, they got bailed out so they could start lending and have better rates but they have kept the money and announced that they're not going to give good rates and start lending because they want to have high profit.
    so rather then get the economy going again and just loose out on large profit margins for a few years they are raping everyone so the big boys keep their pockets full.

8. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

My point is that the government shouldn't 'bail banks out' but should should make a bank instead, a reliable one for a start. That can be step one. And the Mayans are stupid, if there is an 'Apocalypse' then It will probably be a disease hitting a high amount of people like in Steven King's The Stand, a man made disease that causes a 'post-apocalyptic' world which will mean the survivors will have trouble with technology and big issues will arise; but that's a little off-topic...

9. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

firstly the governments already have thier fingers in the banking system, fucked if I want the banks actually owned by the government. They already take enough of my taxes, let alone taking my bank fees as well.

secondly, how can you call an extinct race stupid without ever meeting them nor knowing who they were? The worlds gotta end some day, the sooner the better.

10. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

They are extinct; they couldn't survive for one...
    Another thing is they thought they could do all sorts of supersticous things and their rituals...
    Well I'll just stop before digging myself into a hole I can't climb out of...

The government is meant to be a democracy, they shouldn't do things to our accounts other banks don't do..

11. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

the governtments shouldnt do a lot of things, but they do. Every government has some level of corruption.

12. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Is this a coincidence? :p

13. equitypetey

where the fudge do you get you're information from, you're ideas are the stupidest thing i have ever heard.

the government bails banks out because if they didn't the bank would fail and everybody would loose their money.
    and you say about the banks should make their own one, that's one of the stupidest things i've heard, you do realize that in bailing a bank out the government own shares in that company thus also having a controlling factor in the banks business and can stop them doing stupid things.

the government make a shit load of mistakes especially those made by brown but they also do many things you're obviously not aware of everything they do do for you.

you're attitude toward the government seems very immature, think before you speak.

14. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Yes the Government has to play their part to cure recession <<(though it depends on how well they do it) Bailing banks is a must and in economical rules Government should be spending during recession. The Olympic Games for example if they spend they hire workers which means the workers have jobs and money to spend, when they do spend they are giving business to other people whom the other people make money and also have money to spend giving another party business. Its a cycle mate

15. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Thats only if they hire/source locally. If they source from overseas countries (which may be a lot cheaper in most cases) then there is an outflow of money, of course that would be government at fault for not thinking things through, but its the short term that matters not the long term.... right....? /sarcasm

16. equitypetey

the government do not employ the workers they hire a company and its up to the company to hire how they want so again something that is not the governments fault.

17. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

The current people who own banks are assholes. A true democracy owning a true democratic bank would be a good idea.
    Our government is just messed up bullsh*t!
    A democracy? More like a light dictatorship!

18. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

wow to you everything really is either stupid or an asshole, maybe you should stop and think before posting so you don't look like a complete idiot.

Banks are assholes is not a valid argument. Wheres your proof.

19. equitypetey

please stop going on about the government, you obviously have no idea of what they do or have any idea of how politics work

a democracy doesn't mean every little punk can have a say, it means you vote for someone to best represent your ideals then all the winners of the votes come together and argue in a room until a decision is made that the majority vote on.

20. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Except no-one had a choice about brown becoming prime minister.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.