1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Uefa Champions League 2009/2010

Discussion in 'Sports' started by dmac154, Sep 17, 2009.

1. sayedmatrix

sayedmatrix Member

i hope bayern wins against Juventus!

any way it will be death match the winner will go to best 16, why they lose against Bordeaux twice!

Juventus are in trouble in term of the last matches compared to bayern:

22 Nov: Udenezi 1-0 Win (H)
    25 Nov: Bordeaux 0-1 Loss (A)
    29 Nov: Cagliari 0-2 Loss (A)

while bayern:

22 Nov: Bayer Leverkusen 1-1 Draw (H)
    25 Nov: Maccabi Haifa 1-0 Win (H)
    29 Nov: Hannover 96 3-0 Win (A)

2. haha Juventus 1-4 Bayern,nice game.

3. this is wierd chelsea vs inter and man utd vs milan,pretty unfair for the italian teams lol ;D

4. Meramex

Meramex Well-Known Member

It is unfair. I'm surprised Inter even made it through the group stages. I would say Bayern, who have been pathetic so far this season have finally found their form and have deserved to go through. Fiorentina is the only Italian team that has impressed me this season. The only thing Inter can do is defend and they can't even do that right. Milan are all but washed up. A few good players, one great player, and one player that's as washed up as the club itself. These are the teams I think are gonna make it through the next round:

United
    Chelsea
    Barca
    Real
    Porto(because their more physical and i think have the abillty to bully the ball off Arsenal)
    Bayern(more experience)
    Bordeaux
    Sevilla(i think their just a bit better than Ceska)

5. gettajob0007

gettajob0007 Well-Known Member

I agree to all of that except Porto V Arsenal, Arsenal are a much better team overall and are in super form.
    Post Merge: [time]1261644904[/time]
    AC Milan v Manchester United
    Lyon v Real Madrid
    Bayern Munich v Fiorentina
    FC Porto v Arsenal
    Olympiakos v Bordeaux
    VfB Stuttgart v Barcelona
    CSKA Moscow v Sevilla FC
    Internazionale (Inter Milan) v Chelsea

Just for all of you who didn't know who qualified for the round of 16.

6. champions leauge next week >|:D

7. Meramex

Meramex Well-Known Member

Aren't any of you excited. United V AC Milan. Englands finest against the washed ups from Milan. Wouldn't normally expect it to be a well contested affair, but with the unneeded participation of another washed up from LA, this could be an emotional night for everyone. Thats what the "pundits" are saying anyway, but, personally, I think Milan don't have much of chance. Seedorf said that United are outsiders in the tournament this year. Now, that's disrespect. You don't disrespect United and get a away with. The nerve of the guy, calling US outsiders. Ronaldinho scores 5 goals in five games and suddenly his the best player in the world again. Sorry, but your days of European glory are long behind you.

8. oh yeah im excited englands second best vs "the not in very a good shape" AC Milan.what im excited about is englands finest vs italys finest,chelsea vs inter :D

9. whacker

whacker New Member

being a liverpool fan i don't have much to shout about, but on form i reckon, if they stay away from each other in the draws for the qtrs and semi, it will come down to barca and ac milan.

10. i dont like liverpool,but it sucks that they got eliminated the champions leauge would be more interesting with them

11. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Round of 16 kicked off today with the spectacular clashes between Real Madrid and Lyon, as well as AC Milan and Manchester United.

Lyon v Real Madrid:
    This game was very loose and fluid, much to the playing styles of both teams. Both teams had several opportunities to score, but in the 48th minute, Makoun of Lyon finally capitalized on the seemingly lackluster Real defense. The combined wizardry of Kaka, Higuain, Benzema (former Lyon player), Xabi Alonso and Sergio Ramos; were not enough to counter the Lyon offensive. While Real had more chances on goal, they failed to turn these opportunities into goals. It will be interesting to see how the return leg will be played and if Karim Benzema will play a more critical role against his former club. The match ended 1-0 in Lyon's favor.

AC Milan v Manchester United:
    This game was undoubtedly the game everyone wanted to see. Manchester United come into this game unbeaten in 16 Away Champions League fixtures, and have lost their last four matches at the San Siro. Milan have had a resurgence of form as they have rallied their team back into contention for the Serie A, they have also seen a recent find in form of striker Ronaldinho. Immediately, Milan took control of the game with a 4th minute goal from Ronaldinho (deflected from Michael Carrick). This domination would continue until the 36th minute when a lucky swing from Paul Scholes landed the ball in the net. United rallied back in the second half with two goals from Wayne Rooney. Sloppy defending from Rafael Da Silva caused Clarence Seedorf to score, with the assist from Ronaldinho. Michael Carrick was sent off in extra time, where it was alleged that he kicked the ball away after a foul was committed by Patrice Evra. But United clung on to victory and have the 1 goal advantage when Milan play the return leg at Old Trafford. Manchester United 3 - AC Milan 2.

The other matches have yet to be played.

12. real lost as expected,man utd surprised me i didnt expect that they would win in san siro,i hope that chelsea wins against inter in the away match but inter is a tough nut to crack so it will be very hard :-/.

13. man im really worried about chelsea :(,i hope that the defence sorts out before the return leg.

14. Man utd 4-0 AC Milan
    Real Madrid 1-1 Lyon

Lyon getting a draw from madrid was a bit shocking.

15. chelsea got defeated that makes me really sad,if we keep playing like this were gonna lose even the race for the leauge title
    :'(

16. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

quadruple post eh?
    but anyway, good riddance to Chelsea being knocked out. they didn't play like they deserved to win any trophies this season. but to be fair, the referee was quite poor. anyway, if it all plays out correctly, it looks to be another Barcelona vs Manchester United showdown again.