1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tutorial: How to Patch Pokemon Black and White [Complete Guide]

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by SDamonCronous, Nov 4, 2010.

1. WalzY

WalzY New Member

I'm using WinDSPro with No$Zoomer to run pokemon white on the no$gba. I followed your instructions, and patched the original japanese rom with firstly the rudolph v4 patch, then V7White-NewLogo using the deltaxgui. I then added the 2 cheat codes for saving. Everything was running perfectly, until Sanyou City. Now, when I save, I get a C++ runtime error as i close the emulator. It still saves fine though. The main issue I need help/a fix for is that I started to get crashes. I saved frequently, but I've now come to a complete stop while trying to battle Gym Leader Dent. Every single time I battle him, and use my first attack on his Yorterri, I get the rom image has crashed message and it crashes. Help would be extremely appreciated!

2. Jtran_12

Jtran_12 Member

Hi, I'm using an R4 Revolution, with v1.18 kernal. It's not wood, just regular old v1.18. Is there any link that will work? I've tried ones that give me a white screen..

3. GeraldBok

GeraldBok New Member

Hi, my friend is having a problem with playing Pokemon Black on her NDS. The game crashes after the language selection screen.

I'm using TTDS, I followed your guide and Pokemon Black and White both works for me. However, she is using some OneDS Super Card thing which isn't included in your guide. She is using the same patched rom as me because I transferred it to her through a thumbdrive.

Also, some Pokemon English names have been changed, e.g Hihidaruma to Darmanitan. When will the V8 English patch be out?

Thanks for your efforts.

4. Tanuken

Tanuken Well-Known Member

Version 7.5 is out!

5. GeraldBok

GeraldBok New Member

may i know where to download it?

6. Tanuken

Tanuken Well-Known Member

Look in Technical Help, for POKEMON Black and White Translation V.7.5.

7. SDamonCronous

SDamonCronous Well-Known Member

Hey guy's, I'm back.
    I know I have not been here for a while, sorry for that. I have had other stuff on my plate lately. Anyway, I will attampt to help all you who have asked...
    Arrgg! Stupid rom image crashes! I am sorry, but I have absolutely no idea how to fix them, I have tried and tried but nothing works! All I can say is try a new clean version of the latest no$gba, no$zoomer if needed, use the roms from this thread and Google around. Once again sorry, but I am beat on this one :'(

Sorry, what ones have you tried? Tutorials, I mean. I cannot help you if I do not know what you have/have not tried.

Ok, try updating to the newest firmware for the cart and try that. And what have you patched the rom with, make sure it is patched for AP by following my freezing tutorials in this thread. And the translation version 7.5 is out.

I hope I have helped you all (well, except for the people getting the image crashes, sorry again :()
    I will be monitoring this closely from now on
    SDamonCronous

8. guitarshred

guitarshred New Member

Hello,
    I've tried for several days to get this game working on my r4-II (not III) but have not had any success. I have followed all the steps in the tutorial. At first, when loading YSmenu and the game, I would get the ERROR=-4 error. After fixing that, I now have a white screen. I have also tried wood r4 but only get a white screen. Can anyone please help me?

Thank you.

9. SDamonCronous

Right, have you patched the game for AP (anti-Piracy)? That fixed the white screen in my brothers game. And make sure you are using the latest woodr4, 1.4.2

10. guitarshred

guitarshred New Member

For some reason the _DS_MENU.dat file in the YSmenu folder doesn't work with my r4, only the _DS_MENU.dat file for the 1.18 r4 firmware works. Could that be the problem? Also, where can I download wood r4 1.4.2? I can't find it anywhere on google.
    Thank you

11. SDamonCronous

Sorry, my mistake, it is woodR4 V1.21, you can find that here: http://www.r4wood.com/Kernel/e/Wood_R4_v1.20.rar
    Try using the latest firmware for your cart, get it from the cart's website or here: http://filetrip.net/f5486-R4-II-2-07-(English).html

EDIT: Or go here: http://www.r4ds-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=1886&sid=4b7fc48bc087e089987da9e11a89e1a5

12. HellXRaizer

HellXRaizer New Member

Hi I ran the pokemon white game fine about 3 hours ago, but now when i try to open it it says No$GBA fatal. Pokemon White V7.SAV. what do i do?

13. phailuredude

phailuredude New Member

Hey, erm,not trying to seem impatient but,could i get help with my previous post?._. did i miss anything on the guides,like should i have followed something else?

14. SDamonCronous

Sorry, I must have skipped that question :-[. It won't, happen again. Now, you are using an r4i, correct? Are you using the one from here: http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/? If you are, go here: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=51492.msg1193647#msg1193647. That is my second thread (not quite as successful as this one) and it explains a different method of playing newer DS games on r4i sdhc (seen as it is now a discontinued cart). I hope this helps

What is the exact error, I need to know

15. phailuredude

phailuredude New Member

haha,no problem. Thanks for the help, works for me now :D.just that im not using the TTmenu, im actually using the YSmenu, since i tried using the TTmenu and it just hangs there. So i just used YSmenu for fun and amazingly, i got it working! Thanks for the Help!

16. MrBLM

MrBLM New Member

Hi,
    First off, an excellent thread, your first post was very informative and has helped me overcome a few problems with the game, so a big thanks for that!
    However, there's one that just won't go away! That is, when I try and save the game, it sayd "The report could not be written." and then doesn't save, then it's business as usual in the game.
    I've patched the game with: The 2 patches to get rid of the Can't Access Data error, and the one that stops bluescreens or freezing in saves. It's prepatched with the other bits and pieces such as the no EXP gain because I got it off a friend...And got EXP in that battle that messed up me room lol I'm using NO$GBA 2.6a, and I've also tried loading it through NO$zoomer. But the saving problem won't clear. I'm on a windows 7 laptop as well if that's any help
    Cheers for any help that you can give! :D

17. SDamonCronous

So... In the gaem, when you go 'start', then scroll down to 'save' and press it it comes up with this error? I have never heard of it. Try using a clean no$gba emulator, or change the save sype by doing this:

1. Click 'options'
    2. Click 'emulation setup'
    3. In the left column, second from the bottom, it says 'NDS-Cartridge Backup Media'. Make sure that is set on 'Auto' or set it to each one of the save types and try each one.

Tell me if you need any more help

I need more info on the error
    Post Merge: [time]1294128566[/time]
    Try following this tutorial that I made here: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=51492.msg1193647#msg1193647
    it says it is for r4i sdhc, but it may work for your cart also, I know it is a clone, but do not know what of.

EDIT: Hey, I just remembered I already did a tutorial on this! It is called '///How to play pokemon B/W on R4 sdhc///'.
    How could I forget my own tutorial!!! Duh.... :eek:

18. MrBLM

MrBLM New Member

Thanks very much for your reply! I didn't have an AUTO setting, but I put it on 512 and it's working! To be honest, I don't know how lol because I haven't really changed anything, and it didn't work on 512 with the no$zoomer. Anyway, cheers again :D
    Oh, happy days!!!

19. Kaida1234

Kaida1234 New Member

I have done all the steps in ///How to play Pokemon B/W on R4 clones (R4 III, R4 Gold, R4 sdhc)/// but still I cannot play pokemon black and pokemon white on my r4i gold. Every time it comes up with the 'Load rom errcode=-4' error like it has before. I really need help!!!

20. JasonLuKing

JasonLuKing New Member

Hey i dont really understand
    29: Save the file in the 'R4 crypt' folder. In the drop down box under the name, select 'All Files'. Then name the file 'GUI.bat'
    i copyed the file above in notebook n placed it in the "R4 crypt" folder.

Please Help!! This is my first time doing this so im a noob at it.