1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tutorial: How to Patch Pokemon Black and White [Complete Guide]

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by SDamonCronous, Nov 4, 2010.

1. SDamonCronous

SDamonCronous Well-Known Member

I have finally done it. I have made not one, but two tutorials on patching Pokemon Black and White on Linux! :eek: One explains the translation patch and the other explains the exp. patch. It has been weeks in the making, but I have finally done it. I could find no other tutorials on the internet, so I had to go off nothing. I normally work out my tutorials from other posts, but I had to do this one completely solo. It took me a while, but it is done, and with the final addition of the Linux tutorials, I have renamed this thread to 'Tutorial: How to Patch Pokemon Black and White [Complete Guide]'. I think that it deserves to be called a 'Complete Guide' because no other guide on the internet has managed to compile all these different patches, bug fixes, codes, translations, firmware fixes and what not into one single easy to use guide. This guide tackles over 18 problems in 16 tutorials, 19 problems and 17 tutorials if you include the cheats section, but that is not a bug fix now is it ;).
    I hope the new name will not confuse people who already use this post for patches, nor lead you into believing that I am no longer open for idea's. If there is a patch or bug fix that I have not included here, please share it so I can update this post to be even more 'complete' ;D. This aim of this thread is still to be the most complete and easy to use guide for Pokemon B/W out there, that will never change.

See you all in the forums,
    SDamonCronous

P.S And will people please stop saying 'sorry for all the trouble', I have said it once, I have said it twice, I have said it multiple times! This post is made to help people, do not be worried about me being annoyed because you keep asking questions! I get more annoyed by people repentantly saying 'sorry I have caused you so much trouble'. I honestly sometimes have nothing better to do than fix your problems, I really do! ;)

2. c_l_n

c_l_n New Member

thank you very much for this, I've been playing Pokemon Black no no$bga flawlessly ;D

3. Nytran

Nytran New Member

Im running it on no$gba without problems but you mention the translation is at 90-95% but until now I only saw translated parts in the introduction scenes, the rest is all jap, including pokemon names and moves.
    Doesnt the pre-patched have the latest translation patch?
    Wondering if this is a problem on my part :/

4. SDamonCronous

Are you sure you downloaded them from my links, they are the official V7 translations, you sound like you are using official V1/2, download them from my links or patch them yourself (which is what I recommend)

SDamonCronous

5. Nytran

Nytran New Member

Found the problem I think, was the emu, was using the one from soulsilver which is abit modded and seems to be what was causing the problem. With a fresh version of 2.6a it works fine :)

Thanks for the quick reply though!

6. Drance98

Drance98 New Member

I have downloaded and played pokemon black(v7) and it works with no single problems.But some human (in the game)still talking in jap................. the pokemon names was in jap too ........pls help

7. SDamonCronous

Are you playing on an emulator? If so re-download a fresh version and try again. Are the Pokemon names in actual Japanese or are they just in romaji (English letters but still Japanese words, eg. Japanese: こにちわ Romaji: konichiwa English: Hello). Are the people talking in Japanese (or romaji) frequent, if so then download the the game from my links, they are assured to work.

Hope I have helped
    SDamonCronous

8. pokemastard88

pokemastard88 New Member

Hi I'm new to this site and am wondering why my download (pokemon BW V7) isn't working on my ace card?? I have tried nearly everything and I'm wondering if anyone can help?!?!

9. Drance98

Drance98 New Member

some of the people (3%) the people are talking in japanese and the pokemon names are in romanji............

10. SDamonCronous

What type acekard is it, 2, 2i etc. What is the error your getting when you run the rom? I need more info

I think that it is normal. It is still not a complete translation, Nintendo has not released the official English names of the Pokemon yet so the names are translation in romaji of the Japanese ones. Are the people in Japanese bearable? If not, then translate them yourself.

Hope I have helped
    SDamonCronous

11. pokemastard88

pokemastard88 New Member

Hi, I have the acekard 2 (ver 2.1) my error is the white screen, I turn on the game but all I get is a white screen. I have used the pre patched pokemon white V7 rar. I am also using a Mac, will that effect anything? And thanks for the help this site is GREAT!!

12. phailuredude

phailuredude New Member

Hi, I'm having a little problem with the "///How to play Pokemon B/W on R4 clones (R4 III, R4 Gold, R4 sdhc)///" guide. on step 29,u said "Save the file in the 'R4 crypt' folder. In the drop down box under the name, select 'All Files'. Then name the file 'GUI.bat'". Since I'm new to this whole sort of thing, i can't really find the drop down box under the name to select 'All Files' right after i save the new notepad on to the r4 crypt folder. Mind explaining this little part to a newb like me? >< Sorry for the dumb question I'm askin!

13. narutoexe1

narutoexe1 Member

I'm having a problem. First off I am using no$gba and no$zoomer

I have a prepatched Black rom that works fine, but when I check mark all the cheats I input, and restart the emulater, I always get a breif white screen and a rom has crashed windows pops up. help?

14. SDamonCronous

Right, open the file you saved in the r4crypt folder (the text doc). Then click 'file', then 'save as'. You will have the option to save the file, rename etc. Under where you rename the file, it says 'Text Document (.txt)' or something of the sort. Change that to 'All files'. The rename the file to 'GUI.bat'. That should do it. Save it to the r4crypt folder and continue the tutorial. Sorry for the confusion.

My best advice is to remove the cheats, then input only in '///How to fix the saving problem in No$gba///'. I have heard that some codes corrupt each other if they are doing the same thing. So removing some codes could fix this. Otherwise all I can say is deal with it. It cannot be helped.

I hope I have informed you guys.
    SDamonCronous

15. Zethgryn

Zethgryn Member

I'm still having troubles with no$gba.

I have the patched version 7. I got that title screen error and inputed the codes, that fixed it. It went to the screen with the legendary, i hit start, and it doesn't go anywhere from there. It's not frozen, it just won't proceed forward to the new/savegame page.

16. narutoexe1

narutoexe1 Member

Ugh, I tried that and it didn't work. I disabled all the codes, then reentered them, but I still couldn't save. I used the codes in this thread but my no$gba just crashes on reset when all codes are enabled

HALP

17. Zethgryn

Zethgryn Member

nvm i was able to get mine to work

18. SDamonCronous

This is taken from another thread on emulator-zone.net:
    Code:
    Go to OPTIONS>EMULATION SETUP and change it to Start Cartridge directly for NDS roms but if you want to play gba roms then change it back to to GBABIOS (Nintendo logo) and go to Option>Save option. Anyway, for the save type... Change it to EEPROM 64k for the most games
    Reset the game cartridge like in the other tutorials and try that. If that does not work, then try running a different emulator (DeSmuMe possibility). Make sure you have the lastest version of no$gba.

Hope I helped
    SDamonCronous

EDIT: Ha Ha, I forgot I was helping 007cena on this problem a while ago, the post is the first one on page 5, try those options

19. phailuredude

phailuredude New Member

Thanks for the help, but im facing another problem now..i tried the ///How to play Pokemon B/W on R4 clones (R4 III, R4 Gold, R4 sdhc)/// and the ///How to play pokemon B/W on R4i/R4i sdhc (may work on other carts also):/// followed by the how to solve universal errors ,but im still unable to get the game started! It either gives me an error -4 or just freezes at the ttds screen. my card is the r4i gold from r4igold.cn page, could i get help from you or any suggested pages for this kind of problems?

20. xMyrddraaLx

xMyrddraaLx New Member

thanks for the post but still having the same problems.. i downloaded the clean rom, patched with the logo thing, used the rudolph patch and am using no$gba/no$zoomer with the 2 cheat codes.

this works fine except in about 1/3 of the trainer battles it comes up with "rom-image crashed". no idea how to fix. i tried not using the codes etc. but that didnt work either.
    edit: downloaded the thing you suggested on page 5, the complete debugged no$gba or something.. its working so far but i havent been playing long yet
    edit2: nope. that didnt work either =/
    edit3: also tried the LaoHu thing u suggested, also didnt work =/ it doesnt save using this method. even with the cheat code, says something like log couldnt be written.

ive also tried using desmume, and it seems to be ok, except its very slow - ive changed 3d to softrasterizer, unticked edge marking and fog. also turned volume right down and changed sound to synchronous. and turned off bus level timing in emulation settings.

any tips/fixes?