1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gdonkey

Gdonkey New Member

Well, i tried but it didn't work.

I did the following:

1. I opened 2 emulator windows. One with HG and the other with SS.
    2. I registered the friend code of each rom on the other one and then entered the WFC
    3. In one window i chose trade when it asked me what do you want to seek
    4. In the other window i chose apply to trade

In the end after waiting same time one windows got error 80430 (i think) and disconnected

Plase tell me if i messed up at some point or if i did everything wrong

P.S: In 5th generation games i can only trade via GTS, so maybe there are restrictions

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I've absolutely no idea. Never tried trading between Gen 4 Pokémon games. In fact I seldom play NDS games these days.

3. stilianos

stilianos New Member

My friend and I tried to get coop mode working in ff crystal chronicles echoes of time, but whenever either of us tried to connect to eachother, the game would experience a huge amount of lag and then would give an error that we could not connect (it was one of the 804... errors).

Is it even possible to play a game like echoes of time or dragon quest (an action oriented game) on the desmume wifi?

4. Prectorian

WISHING EVERYONE in RomUlation
    [​IMG]

5. DemmyAle

DemmyAle New Member

Hi, so no matter what i tried everytime i would get either the 52000 error code or 20104 code, i would say i tried everything but idk if i have or not..this is what pops up in the ouput window when i try to connect and everything (↓) do you know what i would be able to do to fix this? [​IMG][/URL]

6. Prectorian

7. Goat333

Goat333 New Member

Hello guys!
    I have a problem in getting the wifi desmume working.
    Can anyone please tell me if the problem can be fixed?
    I have posted the pics of my ip info..
    [http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad226/Goat3333/final_zps70d9d76e.jpg]

Please please help me solve this!
    Thanks in advance :)

I have windows vista 32 bit..

8. Prectorian

All I can tell you is that those options you see under infrastructure isn't the ones needed. Short to say your connection type isn't one appropriate for the emulator's wifi feature. You might want to try the AD Hoc wireless method. Though no guarantee it will work. That's about all I can say, maybe others can help you better.

Check if you are using the correct connection type and gave the emulators exception rights as mentioned in the tutorial, as far as I can tell you're probably not because the save confiq says it failed. Once it says it has been successfully saved, you'll be able to use the feature.Also if you're on SVN 3947, you'll need to use patched pokemon black white 1 and patched pokemon black white 2. Though all in all I don't see the point of going online these days as both game's dream world website had been closed down permanently by Nintendo.

9. Goat333

Goat333 New Member

But then from the modem info, i do have an ethernet nic right?
    So under infrastructure, the option for my nic is supposed to come on its own..
    is there anything i can do about that?

i want to get this done so that i can try to atleast trade.. :D

10. Prectorian

Yes, according to the CMD, you do have it: Realtek Family PCI-E Gigabit. But the thing is, I don't know if your internet connection utilize it or not. For all I can tell from just that image, it doesn't seems to uses it. As to how to make it show up under infrastructure, I don't know. You could however try to press CTRL-R on the DeSmuMe's main screen or re-install WinPcap (there's a new version available from the WinPcap's website; link can be found in page 1 as I haven't update direct link info).

11. Goat333

Goat333 New Member

So i guess its impossible for me to trade! :(
    BTW is there a working emulator for pokemon X and Y?

12. Prectorian

No. There's no 3DS emulator at present.

13. Cyb3rM4n

Cyb3rM4n New Member

Had Error 52000\52002 and bug "crap we're gonna nuke a packet at 2/69 (0080) (some_HEX)"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Using fresh Windows 8.1

14. Prectorian

@ Cyb3rM4n,

Sorry, can't help you since there's no info regarding which type of internet connection you're using and if the infrastructure option shows. Somehow from judging just the above image, it's probably not using the needed connection type or been partially setup.

15. Abbyboing

Abbyboing New Member

Please Help me with this... :'(

Tried it around 27 times but still getting this.. :(

[​IMG]

16. Cyb3rM4n

Cyb3rM4n New Member

@ prectorian
    Emulation:
    [​IMG]

WiFi:
    [​IMG]

My IPCONFIG (it's russian)
    [​IMG]

17. dimsum

dimsum New Member

Hi. So I've successfully connected to the WiFi and everything, I just have a question about the save files. I'm playing Pokemon White 2, and the folder containing the emulator has no Battery folder. I tried copying it from my other DesMume, and renamed a downloaded .dsv to match the ROM file. It hasn't worked. Additionally, I've tried saving the game and trying to locate the .dsv file created, but it doesn't appear in my battery folder that I moved, or anywhere else. Also when I re load the emulator, it doesn't let me continue, meaning my save file must be getting erased somehow. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? Thanks in advance.

18. Prectorian

@ Cyb3rM4n ,

Seems to me your computer is x32 bit? Why not try the x32/x86 version?

@ Abbyboing ,

Tried x64? Check your computer system. See which it need. And I can't say further, your internet type isn't mentioned.

@ dimsum ,

The emulator will self-create a battery folder for you. It's advisable to place the rom in the rom folder and make sure to use patched PKM BW1/BW2 rom.

19. pokewhite

pokewhite New Member

testing fine
    [​IMG]
    when i try to game sync
    [​IMG]
    i use WIRED adapter and its works fine too
    [​IMG]
    and also i use the option 2 firmware.dfc,home network,run the app with admin,my windows is 7 x86 and a wincap of course

P.S: pardon me if i make a mistakes i new :)

20. Prectorian

@ PokeWhite,

Did you use the x86 DeSmuMe version to match your system? If you didn't you should. But I think you already did. Try see if your bridge infrastructure shows other option. There might be a need to re-start your computer or simply press CTRL-R on the emulator screen. But all those doesn't seems necessary as you'd successfully established the emulator setup.

On the other hand, GAME SYNC for Pokémon BW1 and BW2 might not work for 2 possible reasons; it could be because Nintendo already stops all services for PKM BW games since early January 2014, or your internet connection is being use by multiple devices at the same time thus makes it unstable. Your internet provider is slow even for a broadband service, and known to be unstable. So just try and try again. Good luck.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.