1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rekka

Rekka New Member

I am new to this forum. I am getting an Invalid Settings error message in DeSmuME on Pokemon White (ie it won't let me save the settings), and I don't know why. Before trying your guides I used the ones on page 1, but since it wasn't working for me because of my wireless connection, I tried yours. I can show you screencaps of exactly what I write in (I've tried using your settings) and the error message I get if you need it. Let me know.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

@ DarkArchRaven,

You're the first asking about using WAN, why not give it a try yourself. Somehow I doubt it would work, but who knows you might get lucky.

@ Rekka,

nmp0401 is in Singapore, not sure if he still comes around or not. My suggestion would be to first read through his posts between page 56-58. Alternatively, check John3's youtube video linked in page 1. I don't have much to say about wireless users, even though I do have wireless, but I've not attempted setting up the emulator through that method. Too troublesome when it's easier to setup via Modem - LAN Cable - router - LAN Cable - PC or Modem - LAN Cable - PC.

3. DarkArchRaven

DarkArchRaven New Member

I did try a bagilion times, with all sorts of open source vpn thingies and a ton of other crap. So back to the main question, can anyone help me with that?

4. Rekka

Rekka New Member

I'll try these, but I'll also try PMing nmp0401 in case my reply in this thread goes unnoticed. And I've already checked all the replies in those pages but I can't figure out why I get an Invalid Settings error message.

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Give up and buy a real cheap these days DS lite about £35, and use a real WIFI , Get these games for £10 are less at right places, only real answer and plays a real speed and performance , then an emulator ;)

Issues maybe solved .

6. Aimless

Aimless New Member

hi i am trying to use the loopack method but it says its an unidentified network even after setting up the ip and gateway
    here
    :also tried setting a bridge but desmune cant connect
    [​IMG]

Edit
    nevermind manage to use hamachi to connect desmune over it , sorry to disturb

7. magicarp

magicarp New Member

a feedback :)

I managed to get this to work using my usb dongle (broadband stick) + VMWare Workstation (NAT) , and usb dongle + Hamachi
    1. USB Dongle + VMWare

Internet is shared from the dongle to virtual machine(NAT) using ICS, tested on real GTS, and fake DNS Server application + Hyper GTS, dont know why I can't use online fake GTS, it just redirects to real GTS. I managed to trade pokemon from Pokemon Heartgold and Pokemon Platinum via real GTS. I ran 2 virtual machines in the same network. but you can run using virtual machine to load check GTS with different versions of pokemon

2. USB Dongle + Hamachi
    I cant connect through online GTS, but can connect to fake DNS Server application + Hyper GTS

thanks for this great tutorial

EDIT:
    I Got a problem with Hamachi now, Desmume cant see the network interface created by hamachi, i dont know why, restarting my computer is useless since i got my computer frozen by deep freeze, and I'm just to lazy to check it, xD

but here's an update, using USB Dongle + VMware doesnt need to run a virtual machine,
    just select the NAT connection created by VMWare in WIFI Settings and all up

8. Aimless

Aimless New Member

just reboot your pc and it should detect it

9. ss4adib

ss4adib New Member

Hi all. Im about to lose my mind here. I've done everything. Tried everything but nothing seems to work. I always get 52202 or 52200. Please for the love of god someone help me. I'm on windows 8 and have tried all the wifi version, firmwares....even my own from a ds...but nothing works. Please help.

10. Prectorian

Can somebody be nice enough to come to my home, and make this emulator work for me?
    I kept getting 'Emulator not yet installed on PC'. I don't want to read the tutorial, why should I?
    I haven't done anything, whatever that means. In fact, I don't think I am even using a computer. What is LAN cable? All I see is my TV antenna.
    HELP !!! I badly need the emulator to trim my lawn !!!

11. ss4adib

ss4adib New Member

Lets see.....where to begin.
    First of all I don't need DeSmuME wifi to trim the lawn. I've got the JIT 0.9.9 to mow the lawn, microwave my food, clean my bed and even wash my clothes...........all at ultrasonic speed.

What I do need is for DeSmuME to improve my sleeping patterns, lower my stress and just help me maintain overall wellbeing and bestow upon me a sense of serenity

However it would be an added bonus if I could get it to actually connect to the WFC. I mean I've read the tutorial a dozen times. Followed every step and checked the error FAQ's but still nothing.

1)Wired Connection : Check
    2)Your Package: Check
    3)Correct Setting: Check
    4)Firmware + Bios: Check
    5)Winpcap: Check
    6)Firewall Allowances: Check
    7)TV Antenna: I use the net to watch TV
    8)Computer: What the hell is a computer?
    9)Brain:Check
    10)Past Experience: Worked a year ago.......now seems to have died out
    11)Removed all settings and files then restart anew?: Many times

If this hasn't answered your questions then reply back and ask me.

Thanks.

PS: Next time please be less rude. I know how much you've helped everyone here so I do have some respect for you so it would be wise to give others the same.

With love,
    ss4adib

12. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

We'll start with the basics.

A computer is the thing you used to make that post.
    Secondly, what errors are you getting when you try to run it?

13. Prectorian

Youŕe the one who is rude for jumping to conclusion and thought I was replying yours! I didn´t direct my post to you or anyone who posted before you, nor did I ask you or anyone to elaborate anything. I don´t see why you should then felt tickled by it. However since you think I did, now I felt obligated to respond to you, and tell you that not all DeSmuMe SVN or JIT can be use to run WIFI feature. Some are plain unstable due to the tweaking of its performance by the team who made it. Also you should check to see if the emulator and WinPcap had been properly excluded from firewall and antivirus.

14. Jhon 591

DeSmuME v0.9.10 Final , Now out.

http://desmume.org/

And yet still no WIFI support

15. Prectorian

There won't be, they said somewhere that basically means they won't want any problem with N.

16. Jhon 591

!lol ;)

17. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

WinPcap version 4.1.3 is out since 8 March 2013

Change log:- Add support Windows 8 and Server 2012 plus fix some bugs.

http://www.winpcap.org

18. Maykoncorreia

Maykoncorreia New Member

Axil, I have also had this problem and could not do anything about it. I can only say that the only form of connection occurs between the union room desmume / NDS. For desmume / desmume does not work. If anyone could succeed between desmume / desmume, please share with us. Thank you!

19. Gdonkey

Gdonkey New Member

I have a question regarding the roms.

The emulator worked perfectly for me and i'm really happy trading between my black/white 1 & 2 roms.

What i want to know is, if there is a way so you can also trade between 4th generation roms like heart gold or platinum

maybe you've answered before but i really wanna know

Anyway, thanks and goodbye

P.S: Sorry if i messed in something during the post but i'm new in this forum stuff. =)

20. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it will work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.