1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vikki

vikki Member

Sorry for late reply.Yes in the sense antivirus was blocking it even though both applications were added in exceptions list as you can see in the above post second spoiler.I think even though the application were added to exception list in firewall it somehow does not allow incoming packets or free access to ports so for that learnt that advanced exceptions must be given as in the 4 th spoiler in previous post but I am not sure what to put in those advanced application rules.Even running always in admin mode doesn't help.
    Thanks for the info about (PGL) just registered it have to get a GAME SYNC ID though.But I need to fix the firewall issue don't want an infestation spreading on my PC.
    Thank You :)

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Strange issue you got there with your antivirus, mine didn't interfered after I'd added into exception. Hope you figured a way around it.
    In the case of GAME SYNC ID. You'll have to first play the game until a certain point where you get C-Gear app. Then go to main menu, and choose GAME SYNC, it should then generate an ID (could take several minutes on emulator), save, then you use the generated ID in your PGL account to register your game. It could take 24 hours before you're able to send a Pokémon to the PGL's Dream World (from the time the ID is successfully generated).

3. CBQ1234

CBQ1234 New Member

when i test the connection it says its working, but when i use any of the wifi features it fails and shows error 20100. i cant even get the game sync id. I tried using newer versions such as r4484 and r4334 but both ended up with 20104.

4. Prectorian

5. vikki

vikki Member

I finally found a way to bypass my firewall without turning it off I get connection successful but when I get into the the game in c-gear options I try to get online and to get the game sync ID I get the 20100 error code.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Dxn817

Dxn817 New Member

I've tried this for many hours every couple of days. I am at my wit's end. I have DeSmuME 0.9.7

I've tried plenty of troubleshooting.

I've done all of this and still no bueno. Please help, I'm about to kill myself. Would it be better to host a VMware/VirtualBox and install Winpcap, and try to use Wifi from there? I really want to play Pokemon through this way. Thanks.

7. vikki

vikki Member

@Dxn817 Hey bro I too had the same issues I had the same issues tried everything and anything didn't help only thing was firewall was messing up I had to change adapter rules in my firewall added allow subnet rule.Try to check it out once :)

8. Dxn817

Dxn817 New Member

Change adapter subnet rules? My firewall on my PC is disabled, and I allowed exceptions as well. The only thing I can think of is the Router. I cannot turn off the Firewall/NAT because my house is connected with LAN ethernet cords. Can you explain what you did?

9. vikki

vikki Member

@ Dxn817 I found out my issue was with firewall and tweaked it in exceptions list and adapter rules in firewall as you can see the spoilers in reply 1498 in page 60.After doing those I was able to make connection successful for wifi in desmume now I am having error 20100 when I try to access game sync.As you are saying you firewall is turned off already I think you must wait for prectorian what he suggests.Good luck

10. Dxn817

Dxn817 New Member

I've spent the past 13 hours trying to get this to work. I've disabled SPI Firewall, I've tried manual IP/Gateway/DNS. Run as administrator 9.7 3974 and 4334 both x32 and x64 versions with 3 different firmware.dlc s each. I've re-installed WinPcap, and my firewall is disabled on my PC. My router's firewall should also be disabled. It's still not working..

EDIT: I just realized my Modem also has a Firewall built in it. I cannot deactivate it without shutting down LAN internet access. Could this be why? A shitty modem?

11. vikki

vikki Member

@Dxn817 I think we are both on the same path lol been trying since 10 days finally got the connection successful message and now stuck at 20100 error where I can't get a Game Sync ID.By seeing your above problems I am not able to understand even though you disabled the firewall it's not working for you and disabling the firewall isn't recommended as you should try at last resort.I think it's a problem with internet connection maybe.You should wait until thread starter arrives he may be able to help you.For the modem thing some modem requires you to restart after changes to the setting made if you are talking about that but I will say don't disable a firewall unless you want an virus infestation in your PC.From some this has been piece of cake for some it's a lot of errors but many have solved it. ;)

12. Prectorian

I haven't any clue.
    But you guys got 11 days left+/-40 days left to play in the PGL's Dream World before it starts stopping it's services one by one until it's final closure due early next year.

13. vikki

vikki Member

I don't know what to do time is running out I fixed my firewall but when I try to get game sync ID the 20100 error shows up.When I look for it has temporary issue with nintendo servers and I am blanked looking at those fixes.

14. TBreaker

TBreaker Well-Known Member

11 days?
    The PGL is online until the maintenance in October (1st - 12th).
    You can use all the features until then ;)

15. vikki

vikki Member

He was telling about the registrations of PGL end this month for new members later no new registrations will be accepted and features are shutdown one by one until next year.

16. Prectorian

-Correction-
    Up to Sept 30th, since as of 00:00 GMT (effectively Oct 1st) it'll shut down for final maintenance.

You can view their (PGL's) planning from October 1st 2013 to January 14th 2014 for the BW 1 & BW 2 PGL in this topic : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=61886.0.

UPDATE:

GameStop's Summer Shiny Dragon Trio - Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina
    For
    Pokémon Black and White 2 (E)(U)

[​IMG]

Download Link : Pokémon Black and White Latest Distribution Wondercard (J)(E)(U)

Note:
    An early legitimate dump thanks to a leak (see spoiler).
    [​IMG]

17. quadsas

quadsas Member

if nnmp is reading this, what could be the reason for loopback driver option not appearing on wifi settings screen?

18. akemi110594

akemi110594 New Member

Firmware: save config - failed
    and error 20104 :/

19. Prectorian

You failed to set it up, so?

20. Liehon

Liehon Member

As per the OP's request I hunted down the information among the 60+ pages.

I found some stuff but no final solution.

Has this been answered?

My router is a Sagem. I tried the numbers for D-link but instead of those settings being saved it says something along the lines of the settings not being valid.

Which IP, Gateway, subnet and DNS should I use?

When I try to input all those number I can get to 42.224.223.42.
    The system won't let me add the final 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.