1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vikki

vikki Member

First of all thanks to prectorian for creating this wonderful thread ;)

My internet connection is modem-LAN-Router-PC-WIFI-Laptop

I followed the method by jhon 3 as I have a wireless connection through router installed virtual box and then xp sp3 everything went okay connection was successful settings saved when I enter the gts trade it gives me error 20100 but no solution found.

I came across this thread and for wireless on desmume without virtual machine posted by nmp0401.Now encountered an error 52100.Posting screenshots of setting Please help Thanks a ton.

Sorry I am not able post external links but here is the album link to the pictures :'(

imageshack.us/g/1/10271583/

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

When it comes to wireless, I can't help.
    But I can tell you that error 2xxxxx, and any other error message when comes to emulators just meant;
    1. unstable connection
    2. connection wasn't set up properly/didn't fulfill requirement

Try via your PC, since it's connected directly to your LAN cable instead of via Laptop which is on wireless. And note that not all version of DeSmuMe emulator can be use for WIFI connectivity. Also only WIFI features in the Pokémon games work, all else don't.

3. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

*-removed-*

4. vikki

vikki Member

Thanks for your reply but it doesn't work anymore on my pc tried many times it is a fiber broadband with ethernet LAN they provide a Hub and they provide connections through it and the lan is connected to my router and router to pc and wifi to laptop.Jhon 3's tutorial gave hope as in virtual box works and settings are saved but it is very laggy.so i quit it as 20100 the other solutions didn't work.I tried changing router to WEP 64 bit so that it doesn't interfere while connecting through desmume.I don't know what to do am confused.I even added exception for winpcap and desmume version am using is 0.9.9 wifi r4484
    Post Merge: [time]1376143363[/time]
    I am sorry I joined the forum today when I try to post image code it says can't post external links could you go and view images located in this album imageshack.us/g/1/10271583/ just copy the imageshack into new tab you can find the screenshots

5. Prectorian

Posting external images is fine, it's not a problem. I've viewed it when you first posted it earlier.
    But like I said, I lack the knowledge on making DeSmuMe work through wireless routers. It's not because I don't have one, just that I never tried connecting DeSmuMe via wireless. In fact, I don't use DeSmuMe's WIFI feature much any more since I can connect my NDS console online via my wireless router, which is faster and stable by far.

One thing for sure, I don't think your PC or Laptop can work on WEP security far as I know. Since my laptop(s) can't go online (when I try using it wirelessly) when I switch my router to WEP mode everytime I set it for use with my NDS console. I should assume you meant to say WPA? But yes, using virtualbox can be slow since it's function is to trick the emulator to thinking that it's on LAN wired connection when actually it's wirelessly connected. Which also contributes to causing the connectivity of the emulator to become even slower than already is, which translates to possible instability.

Anyway, got to go. Be back tomorrow.

6. vikki

vikki Member

When I checked nintendo website on error codes there was this post as it said it your using WPA/WPA2 security on your router it might give trouble while connecting to nintendo WFC so it suggested to change to WEP security key on the router.As stated above by you due to the unstability on virtual box desmume is very slow so had to give up that option.I can only share the album from imageshack I cant directly post screenshots here using the BB code for forums it says you can't post externnal links here.Thanks for your precious time.I think I have to wait for nmp0401 till then will try again from scratch hope someone finds a way for wireless connections.

Take care.Cya tomorrow.

Post Merge: [time]1376145582[/time]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Images posted here for ease of use.I might have done something wrong during manual setup :-\

7. Bananekaiser

Bananekaiser New Member

Hello!
    I've completed all the steps that you have listed and tested the connection it works fine! However there is a problem. Whenever I try to get a Game Sync ID for Pokemon White, it stays on the screen forever without actually giving me an ID. There are 2 bars on the connection symbol but i can never get one. Can someone please help!

8. Prectorian

@Vikki,

Like been said, I don't use DeSmuMe much anymore, nor have I ever setup mine via wireless (even though I do have wireless router). But here're things you need to look into;
    1. please edit your above post and place your images in a spoiler so as not to take too much space.
    Code:
        [spoiler][IMG].............[/IMG][/spoiler]
    2. You've got access to LAN cable, why not use it instead?
    3. When going with wireless, don't use INFRASTRUCTURE ! You're suppose to use AD HOC.
    4. MS LOOPBACK and a shared Wireless Connection are causing your problem (look into it)

From what I can think of is that you're mixing the content of my tutorial with those of John3 and nmp0401's. Also for your info, that info you took from Nintendo regarding the use of WEP and WPA, it's for NDS/DSi/3DS console not emulators. You've to realize that your laptop isn't compatible to connect online via WEP encryption. You're mixing everything up thus confusing yourself. If you want to follow nmp0401's method, then follow it to the dot, don't mix it with mine or John3's. Good luck.

@Bananekaiser,

I should assume you'd tested connection successful and the CMP showing numerous lines of 'crap we ....'. And had reached a certain point in the game to gain online access. It takes quite sometime for it to generate a GAME SYNC ID via the main menu. When done it should gives you a code to take note. Then you use the noted codes to enter when you sign up membership (free) in the Pokémon global link website. Do note though, you only have 20 days left to play online using the GAME SYNC features. As of October, the PGL site (for PKM BW 1 & 2) is going to stop accepting new members, and is going to start it's process of closing the site down.

9. vikki

vikki Member

Thanks
    1.Included the spoiler for my images
    2.I tried many times on LAN but failed as per your suggestion I will try connecting through LAN step-by-step by your tutorial and post the progress
    3.I followed nmp0401's method and he stated to use INFRASTRUCTURE and choose microsoft loopback driver from drop down menu and suggested to setup nintendo WFC though manual setup I think it's where I must have screwed the IP address settings and giving me 52000 error in emulation setting if I check the option boot like an nds console desmume asks to fill user data everytime so unchecked it.Tried even AD HOC when searching for access point it says no access point in range.
    4.nmp0401 stated to share the wireless connection with MSloopback hence it shows that it is shared.

I think I only this one thing from nintendo and was confusing myself by these now reverted back my router settings to WPA/WPA2.
    I started nmp0401 tutorial only by his stated methods and noticed when sharing my WIFI to MS Loopback in his 7 th step I dont get the tab to choose Home networking connection it is the same issue kristiancua got by reading posts from page 56 and 57.
    My IP 192.168.0.101 after sharing my WIFI with MS Loopback the IP of MS Loopback changes to 192.168.137.1 Nmp0401 stated to add +10 to Wifi IP in desmume it becomes 192.168.0.111 but I don't know what to put in my Loopback Ip and gateway in desmume here is where I cannot go forward.

10. Prectorian

@Vikki,

What's most important is that you do the steps to the dot, if you couldn't do even 1 of it, then the likelihood is you'd probably will fail to configure it properly. If you use mine, you need to remove virtualbox. But since you'd probably prefer doing nmp0401's, then make sure to read his steps and conversation with Kristiancua. The discussion between them, resulted to successful connection. Alternatively, try r3947 SVN DeSmuMe if the version you're using wasn't successful. That's about all I can suggest to you.

11. vikki

vikki Member

As you stated I followed all the steps till dot but I cant get to choose which IP to use manual setup in nintendo WFC.In the mean time I tried connecting through LAN on my PC using desmume v 0.9.7 r3947 x86.Installed wincap v4.1.2 and desmume added them to exceptions list in my avira firewall.Steps till C2 were fine but when I go to C3 enter my username everything the data does not get saved and goes back to username setya.Here are the images

Data does not gets saved
    [​IMG]

My LAN and Adapter
    [​IMG]

12. EVIL JADEN

EVIL JADEN Active Member

hey there prectorian!
    yeah it's me again if you remeber me of cource xD
    look at you isee youve become a prem memebr wich is cool :D
    and yeah i'm also sad and mad that this is the finish line for us emulation gamers but idk why my little brother keep saying that there will be a 3ds emulator and i say yeah keep dreaming but idk i feel like he might be right someday xDD
    anyways
    just saying hi and see how are you and all and look like youre ok :D
    take care

13. Prectorian

It doesn't really matter if it's under Setya's name. You could however try removing the firmware.dfc and let it create a new one, or download the one from first post, or press CTRL-R to reset settings.

Hi Evil Jaden, I do remember you, been awhile since I last seen you around. I'm fine, still hopping from one topic to the next. I wouldn't say it's the end of the road for emulators. It's just the NDS games had ended, and now it's the new genre's. Sadly no emulators for 3DS, there probably will be, but not anytime soon. Nice of you to drop in and say hi. You take care too.

14. Kazeshini

Kazeshini New Member

So hopefully i can get a reply on here that will help me, read a bit of it, tried searching for my issue, couldnt find it, if you can please quote it. but i have my pc, with desume on it, and 2 different 3ds, trying to trade pokemon from pc to ds, keep getting the communication error please restart system error every time we try a trade in the GTS negotions or doing the pal pad room same issue with both locations. any idea how to fix that? and yes i am on seperate networks. trying to trade some the really nice legendaries from my desume to the 3ds for myself and my gf she is the only reason i bought a ds rather than just playing on the pc, i showed her what i had on desume, and she wants some of them lols. so any help would be great.

15. vikki

vikki Member

I removed and re installed winpcap v 4.1.2 and got this while installing

Operating system detected on registry: 7 - x86
    True operating system (kernel.dll): 7 - x86
    npptools.dll present on the system: false
    netnm.inf present on the system: false
    nmnt.sys present on the system: false

This time again while testing connection the green sinal stays for 10 sec and after it becomes red while testing connection and gives 52000 error

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even after trying replacing the firmware.dfc files same error occurs.I read this thread some pages for a couple of hours see many have this error should I change any DHCP settings in router open any ports etc..Pls Help Thank you.

16. EVIL JADEN

EVIL JADEN Active Member

@vikki
    well as far i can tell many have this problem for many reasons ill try to count them all and you just gotta do whats on the list and see
    1- turn off you anti-virus firewall(NOT RECOMENDED) but this might be the problem cuz i used to have this error code and when i turned off my firewall it's ok now
    2- you must turn on your DHCP on your router or else it wont work
    3- if you have any fake ip porograms/drivers actvated turn them off like hamachi and stuff cuz they might be the problem
    4- since youre a win 7 user you MUST run desmume wifi as admin or else it wont work
    here is my desmume 0.9.9 wifi version 32 bit use it it might help
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/2slf73ulalyy65w/DeSmuME.rar
    try it and tell me
    good luck :D

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

No, if the IP, DNS and gateway are manually configured you dont need DHCP. DHCP is enabled by default, if it's disabled then it's disabled for a reason and enabling it will probably break something.

18. Prectorian

19. vikki

vikki Member

First of all thanks to you guys

@prectorian,EVIL JADEN,Loonylion

I followed all the trobleshooting steps listed and even though the applications were added to exceptions list in avira I think it some how got confused not allowing incoming packets or must be blocking ports TCP,UDP.I completely turned of my firewall and then the connection successful message appeared finally.After that I booted the game should I get a game sync ID before trading and stuff ?

For checking I turned ON avira firewall again got the same 52000 error it was confirmed that it was firewall issue as EVIL JADEN and from the troubleshooting steps in page 1.As it not advised to turn off the firewall.There are some advanced options in firewall posting the screenshots here by setting these correctly I think avira gives full access to the application.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think if the application can be given full access in avira it could even work on laptop using nmp0401 method as am using same firewall in the laptop with wireless connection it gives the same error on laptop.I will try the wireless connection method again with my firewall off on my laptop and post the progress.

Hope this helps some one things I tried for troubleshooting
    1.Replaced the firmware.dfc
    2.Run with admin permissions as I am using win 7
    3.Made sure router was in DHCP.It was already enabled router took care of it.
    4.Made sure that it was LAN connection and it was in Home network not Work or Public.
    5.Made sure that there were no other network adapters like Tunngle,Hamachi etc
    6.No other computers are connected to the same router.
    7.Made sure that my connection was at top in network adapters in advanced settings menu in adapter settings.
    8.Made sure UPnP was enabled in my router settings.
    9.Didn't try manual configuration and editing the DNS.
    10.Finally Switching OFF antivirus firewall worked and connection was successful.

Still have to try if it's working in game waiting how to get a game sync ID.

Using Desmume 0.9.7 svn 3947 x 86 on windows 7 x 86.EVIL JADEN will try out your version too mate :D

Thank You :)

20. Prectorian

So your antivirus was blocking it? You could place the WinPcap and DeSmuMe in the exception list of both your firewall and antivirus, and running the emulator in admin mode. That should solve your problem, instead of disabling it. You'd need GAME SYNC ID to connect online such as trade between yourself and people from other places, play in the Pokémon Global Link site, etc. Do note that online registration for GAME SYNC to the Pokémon Global Link (PGL) is 27 days left. By next month, no registration will be accepted as it's going to start it's closing down process, and will be closed permanently by early next year. Also note, that once you'd generated a GAME SYNC ID, you'd only be able to play in the PGL after 24 hours from the time you'd registered to it. You can't make use any features within Pokémon games that incorporate connection using IR (infra-red), since emulators don't support such feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.