1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmp0401

nmp0401 Member

Hi Chacu, kristiancua,

Loopback adapter is unidentified is fine. Mine is Enabled because I hack the registry :), just to make it look nicer. It should have no impact.

Maybe one of you can install Team Viewer and give me the ID for me to see what's happened at your computer?

2. kristiancua

kristiancua Member

thats a good idea but, can we do it now ? cos i know our country has different time like now its 6:08 PM in Philippines GMT+8

never mind, i perfectly made it now. i used what my ipcofig /all says

Wireless LAN adapter WiFi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-C0-CA-40-DF-AA
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::5412:7678:6e12:24fd%13(Preferred)
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.254.101(Preferred)
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 09 June 2013 17:44:00
    Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 10 June 2013 17:44:00
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.254.254
    DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.254.254
    DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 318816458
    DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-19-02-8D-82-00-30-67-E9-5F-8E

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.254.254
    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

and used them in DeSmuME (still i followed that the IP must have +10 on its final combination so its 2+10=12 (simple math ??? ) .. and goodness its connected 8)

[​IMG]

my final comments, maybe its best to follow what the cmd says lol and dont hesitate to make the final combination IP number to .2 on Loopback plus add 10 to it on DeSmuME and now try ;D

Thanks for this wonderful tutorial sir :D .. its really helped me alot, now no LAGGY VM for me :D

BTW, can i make a video tutorial about your Tutorial that i can share with my members i my little community group in facebook. i'll put you on my credits (ill even watermark it :D )

3. nmp0401

nmp0401 Member

I'm in Singapore, GMT + 8 also :)

kristiancua, feel free to do video tutorial :)

4. kristiancua

kristiancua Member

its works flawlessly :3
    Post Merge: [time]1370773706[/time]
    thanks sir, im out :D
    Post Merge: [time]1370788195[/time]
    i just noticed one thing, compared to a real Wired LAN Connected PC, this Loppback Trick is slower in WiFi response right ?

5. nmp0401

nmp0401 Member

kristiancua,

Go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections,
    Press Alt,
    Choose Adavanced\Advanced Sharing.
    From here, arrange the loopback adapter to the bottom of the list (after your "real" Ethernet and Wifi adapter). By this way, the response will be faster :)

IMO, it may be a little bit slower, because as the name suggest: Loop-back, the packet must go a loop between the Wifi adapter and this dummy Ethernet adapter. But it also depends on the Wifi/DNS speed, so it's hard to tell. In my computer, the response is the same :)

6. kristiancua

kristiancua Member

wait, after pressing ALT where can i find the advanced ?

btw, im @ 2MBPS Plan so yeah it may be a reason. but compared to my VM the Connection is a bit faster. but maybe it really is because of the looping session

7. nmp0401

nmp0401 Member

Refer to screenshot below
    [​IMG]

8. iphearbunnies

iphearbunnies Member

Ok so internet connection is set up, but when I use pre patched heart gold and try to connect to "WiFi-Club" I get green bar then instant red bar. Then 54000 code comes up. Any help would be nice since I wanna trade some pokemon.

9. kristiancua

kristiancua Member

Done, this should do it right ?. Although it is arranged properly in the list in the Advanced Menu, its adapter arrangement in the network connections remain the same ?

[​IMG]

10. nmp0401

nmp0401 Member

In Network Connections, the order is by ABC
    In Advanced Settings, the order should be: Local Area Network and then Wifi at the top of the list.
    Ethernet and Virtual box at the bottom

kristiancua, I just discovered that, we don't need to manually set IP address/gateway/DNS for MS Loopback adapter.
    I change it to automatically, then take the IP address/Gateway/DNS from cmd.
    In this way, IP address of MS Loopback Adapter becomes 192.168.137.1 (as you already tested before)

After that, input to Desmume, using same rule
    IP Address in Desmume = IP Address of MS Loopback + 10 = 192.168.137.11
    Default gateway in Desmume = DNS in Desmume = IP Address of MS Loopback = 192.168.137.1

[​IMG]
    The connection speed is much much faster than before.
    Before doing that, after hitting Test connection, I must wait around 5-10 secs to see Connection Successful

Now, almost instantly

11. kristiancua

kristiancua Member

yes, patience is my virtue even if it has to test connection up to minutes of time. but since you discovered it, let me try it too. so that goes to "Obtain IP Address automatically " right ? (since this is new and i was using your first tut im kinda confused)

let see, so the IP will be set to "Obtain IP Address automatically" and that also goes for the DNS as "Obtain DNS Address automatically" by doing that i will let the IP be the same as before xxx.xxx.137.1 and as for DeSmuME it will be xxx.xxx.137.11 then the DNS will be the IP of Loopback and the remaining list will be from the CMD "ipconfig /all" results

but wait, isn't the only important thing is the IP, DNS and Gateway. as for my experience of setting connections manually the subnet mask is always at 255.255.255.0 (well as for gateway always to the basics too)

all a user has to remember is to add 10 to the final IP Combination for DeSmuME IP and the Gateway and first DNS will be the original Loopback IP the secondary DNS can always be 8.8.4.4

thanks for your knowledge nmp0401

when it comes to this things you know a thing or two :D

12. nmp0401

nmp0401 Member

kristiancua,
    Yes. You are correct. Pls try :)

13. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You can't trade between HG/SS with BW/BW2 through normal method as far as I recalled someone said. There a certain feature for that, which I'm not familiar with since I've not tried doing that. And it's been quite sometimes since I last play Pokémon games, these days I've only been following the wifi events and battle competitions events.

14. We can't still emulate the DS wireless feature on desmume, right? Is there something like that in progress? Its just a question.

15. Prectorian

Which "DS WIRELESS FEATURE" are you talking about? You've been successful in playing online using the emulator for quite sometimes already far as I recall. If you're referring to the INFRA-RED side of the game, no, till now still none. Don't think any will come around.

16. Yes, i meant INFRA-RED.

Thanks for the answer.

17. iphearbunnies

iphearbunnies Member

@prectorian

Despite the fact I can't trade, I still need helping solving the 54000 code.

18. Prectorian

Obviously if you still facing 54000 error, then any rom you try to go online with won't even function properly.
    Noting that you are on : telephone line - modem - lan cable - router - lan cable - PC, it should have worked.
    Make sure you're using the correct bit version of the emulator, not to mention did as instructed in page 1.
    If for whatever reason you didn't do a certain step, then it could be that's what's the issue.
    I can't make heads or tails on why you'd failed to set it up, since not much info been given on your part so far.
    But I can assure you that what's been provided in page 1 is correct and should work if you'd fulfill the requirements.

19. baho_mo_romulation

baho_mo_romulation New Member

im getting a 52001 error, or a 52000, every other time i try to use the wfc. and i can't use the dream world at all, it just goes to 52000 error.

20. Prectorian

Ok.

Info:

June 2013 International Challenge WI-FI Competition - Pokémon Black and White 2 (J)(E)(U)

[​IMG]

The latest WI-FI competiton registration is now open. Those of you wanting to compete starting June 21st should consider registrating, especially if you want to receive the 3 rare berries for your dream home garden.

For competition details check my past post : CLICK HERE TO VIEW

Info:

Cheren Theme Pokedex Skin - Pokémon Black and White 2 (E)(U)

[​IMG]

For those of you without WI-FI ability, can still grab this skin via my other topic as linked below;

Download Link : Pokemon Black and White Latest Distribution C-Gear Skins

Update:

Nagoya Pokémon Center 15th Anniversary - Infernape Distribution
    For
    Pokémon Black and White 2 (J)

[​IMG]

Download Link : Pokemon Black and White Latest Distribution Wondercard (J)(E)(U)

Update:

16th Pokémon Movie 2013 Mewtwo
    For
    Pokémon Black and White 2 (J)

[​IMG]

Download Link : Pokemon Black and White Latest Distribution Wondercard (J)(E)(U)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.