1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmp0401

nmp0401 Member

kristiancua,

Is Microsoft Loopback Adapter your only Ethernet adapter in your computer? 'Cause I guess that the drop-down box only appears if there are more than one network adapters installed in your computer. So just go ahead to the next step if Microsoft Loopback Adapter is your only Ethernet adapter

For IP address issue, I guess that you can use the same settings as my settings (IP 192.168.0.2, Subnet 255.255.255.0, Default gateway and DNS Server 192.168.0.1), 'cause now, when I connect to a different wireless, although everything changes, my old settings still work.
    [​IMG]

2. kristiancua

kristiancua Member

i also have my disconnected Ethernet Adapter, thanks sir.

[​IMG]

one more thing, can i have a copy of the desmume you are using in your tutorial ? the 4484, ive been searching for it but i cant find it. i only had 4486 but i cant make its wifi work with my 0.9.7 bios. so please, can i have a copy of your desmume together with your working bios and firmware ? thanks sir very much

3. nmp0401

nmp0401 Member

kristiancua,

Have you installed MS Loopback Adapter? I cannot see it in your network connection list. That's why Home Networking Connection drop down does not appear. And you can't connect to Nintendo WFC using wireless connection without MS Loopback Adapter

For Desmume 4484, you can download from here:

sendspace@com/file/ie88uv

Replace @ with .

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

5. kristiancua

kristiancua Member

yes i installed it and currently uninstalled it cos i will try it again from the start. about the emulator, can you also share your bios ? thanks

6. Hi kristiancua
    Here is my BIOS: http://www.sendspace.com/file/nzvug7
    Not sure whether it will work on your side

7. kristiancua

kristiancua Member

thank you very much to the two of you, its now working on my copy of 4884 :D i really appreciate your help. although the bios still wont work for the latest DeSmuME 0.9.9 svn4886 JIT Version. it doesnt matter for the least. again thank you very much :D
    Post Merge: [time]1370632402[/time]
    okay again i tried what you said, i just ticked the allow sharing blah blah and set everything in the configuration of loopback adapter and this is how it looks now

here is the settings for the LoopBack Adapter
    [​IMG]

here is where the Home Network Drop Down is missing
    [​IMG]

here is how my adapters looks like
    [​IMG]

and the i tried it on DeSmuME with these settings
    [​IMG]

and ended up having this error
    [​IMG]

i also noticed that once i tick the enable sharing blah blah from my My WiFi Adapter, the ip of the loopback adapter is also changed ?
    [​IMG]

did i do anything wrong for my DeSmuME to have this error code ?

also if it is important, i have firewall turn off, anti-virus is also turned off. DeSmuME at Admin Mode nd here is my ipconfig /all in case i made anything wrong thanks
    Wireless LAN adapter WiFi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-C0-CA-40-DF-AA
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::5412:7678:6e12:24fd%13(Preferred)
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.254.101(Preferred)
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 08 June 2013 03:05:26
    Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 09 June 2013 03:05:30
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.254.254
    DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.254.254
    DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 318816458
    DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-19-02-8D-82-00-30-67-E9-5F-8E

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.254.254
    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

8. iphearbunnies

iphearbunnies Member

@ prectorian

so....i finally got the wifi ruunning on the wifi settings page(by pressing ctrl+r), but when i go to pokemon's wifi cluub she says i have no friends registered then i go in and i get a 54000 code. but when i go back to wifi settings i get connection successful. code 54000 is unable to connect to access point, does that mean nintendo is blocking my wifi?

9. nmp0401

nmp0401 Member

kristiancua ,
    Set IP Address of MS Loopback adapter to 192.168.0.2
    192.168.137.1 is NOT a correct one. Maybe after sharing, you must manually change IP Address of MS Loopback Adapter again.
    I have edited my original tutorial regarding this, sharing should be before manually set IP address for MS Loopback Adapter

For the Home Networking Connection dropdown, pls try to enable Realtek adapter.
    As I see, MS Loopback Adapter is the only Ethernet adapter that is enabled

10. kristiancua

kristiancua Member

so the 192.168.0.2 as gateway address is correct ? or should it be 192.168.0.1 ?

11. nmp0401

nmp0401 Member

Yes, gateway in Desmume = IP Address in MS LOopback Adapter

12. kristiancua

kristiancua Member

okay i put 192.168.0.2 as IP in Loopback and also in DeSmuME and also found the drop down menu (thanks god for that) and now loopback says unidentified network with 0 received packets and says no internet access ?

[​IMG]

13. Prectorian

No, Nintendo doesn't/didn't block your wifi connectivity. Just that you need to keep in mind that in a Pokémon game there are 3 kinds of connectivity;

1. Infra Red (IR) - this uses the IR LED on board an original game cart, thus any features using this can't be use on emulator/flash cartridges
    2. Local WIFI - this uses WIFI but for local (within close proximity between 2 or more players) connectivity physically in a room
    3. World Wide WIFI - this one lets you connect to anyone anywhere over the internet

In the case of using emulators, you can't use any features that uses IR. Mostly you'll be using the world wide WIFI and or local wifi. Thus why you faced that error message. Your friend code can be viewed, but to exchange with others you need to use IR. Which doesn't work for emulators.

14. nmp0401

nmp0401 Member

Kristiancua,

Correct. Loopback is unindentified network, does not have Internet access and received 0 packet

15. kristiancua

kristiancua Member

but why is my DeSmuME still Error Code at 50201 ?

16. nmp0401

nmp0401 Member

Pls check your winpcap. Have you installed it correctly (Can try version 4.1.3 )? Did your firewall allow it?
    Error 50201 means: Cannot connect to access point (In this case, softAP)

17. iphearbunnies

iphearbunnies Member

@prectorian

Now lets say I have 2 versions of desmume and I want to trade with myself(over pokemon), and both connect successful in settings, and they are 2 dferent game roms(i.e. black and white)would that be possible? or would that count as using IR? And would it work in heart gold and soul silver?(Mainly because I play black and white but I hate those pokemon).

18. kristiancua

kristiancua Member

yeap I have WinPcap 4.1.3 installed and so is my FireWall turned off .. do you think there is something wrong with my settings ? as far as I can compare and see the difference with your snapshot with mine, your loopback adapter says "ENABLED" while mine says "Unidentified Network"

19. TBreaker

TBreaker Well-Known Member

@ nmp0401

I've the same problem as kristiancua.
    I followed your guide step by step and the loopback adapter has Internet access.
    But my loopback adapter also is unidentified and I'm getting error code 50201 on DeSmuME.

20. Prectorian

Trying to trade between 2 game versions can be done so long you're not using in-game IR features. Just use pre-patched HG/SS rom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.