1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubblecum

Bubblecum New Member

Okay I fixed error 20104 for myself and basically it was a mistake of mine.

After I connected to the wifi in the games menu I loaded the state to where I was but what I forgot was, that the state didn't have the wifi setup configured

So for all the people as stupid as me load the game by pressing continue and not load a state!!

2. oryza sativa

oryza sativa New Member

Hello. I have questions.

1. does nintendo now block connection to softAP?
    2. i have tried the steps "verbatim" different times, why it did not work? i am on a cable broadband subscription, and I am the one using it.
    3. what would the dfc file do?
    4. why do I always see in the cmd a message saying: "Firmware: save config failed"? what does it mean?

thanks for the replies.

BTW,
    -desumume 0.9.7_x64_release_wifi
    -win7 home basic 64-bit

i am experiencing error 52000 right now.

EDIT: I used an x64 version of DeSmuMe 0.9.7, did the steps above, i unblocked the WinPcap and run desmume in admin mode, i still get the same problem and I am on cable broadband connection and I am the only one connected to it.

- I now have save config ok
    - SoftAP gets connected and the disconnected after a few seconds

here are some screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Answers;
    1. No, winPcap hasn't been blocked/filtered by Nintendo
    2. It's a defractoring instrument/tool/program use by the emulator
    3. Means that you'd failed to set up properly

Is your cable connection one that uses modem?

UPDATE:

Japan Cup 2013 Burning Red and Shining Blue Kyurem for Pokémon Black and White 2 (J)

[​IMG]

For those of you with Japanese PGL account, and WIFI access via DeSmuMe or NDS console; this event is now live and doesn't need password. As for those of you without Japanese PGL account or without WIFI access ability, you can still grab the skin from my topic below;

Download Link : Pokémon Black and White Latest Distribution C-Gear Skins (J)(E)(U)

INFO:

Deoxys WIFI Distribution for Pokémon Black and White 2 (E)(U)

[​IMG]

*Hopefully I can provide link for this before I leave for few days again, otherwise I'll provide it when I return.

4. oryza sativa

oryza sativa New Member

Thanks for the answer.

yes, i do have a cable modem, and that is connected to the LAN card. I tried to follow what exactly to do as stated in the tutorial but was of no use. I still get error 52000. My Pokemon Black ROM by the way is unpatched, but I used a cheat code for the pokemon to gain exp. Is there any issues with AR cheats when using WiFi capability?

Post Merge: [time]1367158077[/time]
    By the way, another set of screenshots to prove that I am on LAN card.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Prectorian

It should have worked so long you're on an Ethernet. Not sure why you find difficulties.

UPDATE:

Mew and Mewtwo Dolls - May Distribution for Pokémon Black and White 1 & 2 Dream Home (E)(U)

[​IMG]

UPDATE:

Salac and Liechi Berries Reward for Pokémon Black and White 1 & 2 (E)(U)(J)

[​IMG]

Note:
    Only those who participated in the recently ended April International Competition and made it into the rankings will be able to receive these berries to plant in their Dream Home. Those who didn't made it into the rankings or join the event, won't be able to receive these, however can acquire these berries through shelf swapping (if someone shares it on their Dream Home Shelf).

INFO:

2013 Spring Friendly Competition for Pokémon Black and White 2 (E)(U)

[​IMG]

• Registration Date: May 9th - 16th 2013
    • Competition Date: May 17th - 20th 2013
    • Competition Type: Single Battle
    • Participation Reward: Burning Red and Shining Blue Kyurem C-Gear Skins
    • Eligible Pokémon: Unova Dex (All Pokémon above lv.30 will be considered as lv.30)
    • Restricted Held Item: Soul Dew
    • Restricted Move: Sky Drop and Dark Void
    • Group Division: Junior+Senior (Combined Group), and Master
    • Game Cart: Pokémon Black and White 2

For further competition rules: CLICK HERE

Note:
    For those of you who're just after the C-Gear Skins, you can grab it's Japanese distribution version from my other topic;

Download Link : Pokemon Black and White Latest Distribution C-Gear Skin (J)(E)(U)

6. oryza sativa

oryza sativa New Member

I'll try again setting it up using all four links provided in the tutorial to see what really is happening. I hope it will work this time.

7. hydronus

hydronus New Member

did this get resolved cause almost same issue just 50000 code instead and well you don't use a standard dos window for the output code so I can't send all of that data to you PLEASE email me and I will send you ANY DETAILS of my system but this is not working on my system have screenshot of fail with the config/emu window up to PROVE i have them set I have even put it WHOLE folder Straight on C: to minimaze the risk of a dos file name conflict

8. Prectorian

Don't understand what you mean as highlighted in red.

I don't do private supports, nor would I disclose my email address to random people. Sorry.

Then just post the image/screenshot in a post. Upload it to a free image host site, and post the BBcode in the format as below:
    Code:
    [IMG]http://www.imagehostwebsite/link[/IMG]
    Also, make sure to provide detail information about how your internet setup, is it LAN Broadband Ethernet with modem? If not what it's like? Such include the troubleshooters you'd done/tried so far.

UPDATE:

Plasma's Dark Pulse Deoxys - WIFI Distribution for Pokémon Black and White 2 (E)(U)

[​IMG]

Note:
    For those of you using DeSmuMe WIFI or console with wifi connectivity, there's a new distribution WIFI event available. It's the same pokemon as the one previously distributed in Japan. However, for those without WIFI access, you can grab the wondercard via my other topic as linked below;

Download Link : Pokémon Black and White Latest Distribution Wondercard (E)(U)(J)

UPDATE:

Bianca's Pokedex Skin for Pokémon Black and White 2 (E)(U)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The answer/password to the question is : Floccesy

For those of you without WIFI ability via console or DeSmuMe, you can still grab the Pokedex Skin from my topic linked below;

Download Link : Pokémon Black and White Latest Distribution C-Gear Skins (U)(E)(J)

UPDATE:

Team Rocket's TV version Meowth for Pokémon Black and White 2 (K)

Download Link : Korean Pokémon Black and White Latest Distribution Wondercard

UPDATE:

Regeneration Tornadus from Pokémon Dream World for Pokémon Black and White 2 (U)(E)

Download Link : Pokémon Dream World Distribution (.PKM) for Pokémon Black and White 1 & 2 (E)(U)(J)

9. IronHaseo

IronHaseo New Member

Hi
    I've been following this guide for quite a long time now (and it's pretty good btw)

I've managed to set the connection when configuring it, in the NFC options. I get the message "Connection Successful" when testing the connection.
    Thing is, when I try to access the GTS in pokémon black, it does not work. I get the error code 20100.

I tryed using both x64 and x86 versions of desmume 0.9.7 svn 3963, and even tryed using newer versions, but then I get some other errors.

Well, I'd really hope if someone could help me out on this one.

I use a wired connection. First i used it connected to a wifi router, and then i tryed using it connected directly to the modem, but it's the same.

Thanks in advance

10. haizara

haizara New Member

i follow the tutorial correctly but i always failed to connect and got this error code 50000 message

please tell me what it mean?
    and how to fix it

11. Prectorian

You'd make sure you know if your computer is 32 or 64 bit. Use the appropriate one. Have you used SVN 3947 ?
    You can have your internet set up as;
    internet provider - telephone line - modem - lan broadband cable - computer
    =or=
    internet provider - telephone line -modem - lan broadband cable - router - lan broadband cable - computer

If you'd gotten "test connection successful", means you'd done it correctly and it should have worked. Not sure why you failed later on.
    Try changing the firmware.dfc with the one provided on page 1, or try pressing CTRL-R, or attempt connection several times. Keep in mind that some wireless features don't work (those that need IR connectivity). And make sure the PGL website is not under maintenance (it undergo routine maintenance) when you attempt to go online.

Means your connection setup isn't done correctly or your computer security is blocking access (on condition you are using the appropriate internet setup). Troubleshooter on page 1. I can't say much since you've not given any useful info.

12. paengot_13

paengot_13 New Member

I have error 50000 also
    I'm sure that I follow the steps correctly
    pls help

13. Prectorian

I've made the tutorial correctly.
    Can't help with no proper info.

14. pluskat

pluskat New Member

by wifi settings i do infrastructure and i get no network adapters

15. Play3d

Play3d New Member

There are a few newer versions available with working wifi:

(Change @ With . )

DeSmuME 0.9.9 svn 4334
    sendspace@com/file/d9r68o - Mirror 1
    filedropper@com/desmumewifir4334 - Mirror 2
    d-h@st/JF6 - Mirror 3

DeSmuME 0.9.9 svn 4484
    sendspace@com/file/ie88uv - Mirror 1
    filedropper@com/desmumewifir4484 - Mirror 2
    d-h@st/HcD - Mirror 3

I got both of these from here: gbatemp@net/threads/tutorial-on-getting-wifi-on-desmume.281899/page-22
    both tested and are connecting to the GTS. Firmware.dfc file goes in the Battery folder.
    I'm using r4334, seems to work better with some of my games.

also, I followed the guide with only difference being in my in game wifi settings.
    I'm using a router, and I had trouble connecting before I changed the settings to these:
    [​IMG]
    Gateway and Primary DNS is my Router local IP address (192.168.1.1), and the IP I choose for myself (192.168.1.20) was just a static IP available from the range of local IP's the Router gives (192.168.1.2-99).

I wanted to say thanks for the guide prectorian, it was very useful. :)

16. soulhunter013

soulhunter013 New Member

i tried everything in this thread but desmume wifi doesn't work.

-i have win 7 ultimate 32bit
    -im using svn r3497.
    -im using a lan connection with a router.
    -i always run rpcap.exe and desmume as admin.
    -put them in my firewall's exceptions.
    -enabled UPnP on my router settings.
    -installed winpcap 4.1.1 and also tried it on 4.1.3

when i use the custom bios and firmware files no matter what i do it still says Firmware Config : Save Failed even if i press CTRL + R and downloaded the firmware.fdc file also.

my main problem is that when i "test the connection" it says "crap we're gonna nuke a packet" and then after 10 seconds it will say "SoftAP : disconnected" and i get error 52100/52000/52200.

I already tried manually giving the connection the ip and other settings. I even tried doing a direct connection (without router) to avoid ip conflicts since my router has a wifi antenna. Also, when i use auto-obtain ip I get error 52000.

[​IMG]

17. TBreaker

TBreaker Well-Known Member

@ Play3d
    Many thanks for a new wifi-enabled version! :)

@ soulhunter013
    Try using one of the newer versions (DeSmuME 0.9.9 svn 4334 or 4484) which you can find in the post of Play3d above.
    I can confirm that 4334 is working better than 3497. It's more stable and it's possible to save the firmware settings.

18. Prectorian

INFO:

Pokémon Movie 13th - Shiny Red Genesect Local WIFI Distribution for Pokémon Black and White 2 (J)

[​IMG]

Note:
    This Pokémon will be distributed to anyone who goes to watch the up coming Movie 13th, at all theaters across Japan between July 13th 2013 to September 30th 2013 in all theatres showing the movie. To acquire it, you'll need to bring your console and a copy of Pokémon Black and White 2 (J) to the theater.

INFO:

Japan Poke Center 15th Anniversary - Local WIFI Distribution for Pokémon Black and White 2 (J)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Distributed Pokémon: Empoleon
    • Pokémon Level : 100
    • Mascot of: Sapporo
    • Distributed at : Sapporo Pokémon Center
    • OT : PCS
    • OT ID : 05153
    • Held Item : Air Balloon
    • Distribution Date : May 15th - 21st
    • Distributed Pokémon: Serperior
    • Mascot of: Tohoku
    • Distributed at : Tohoku Pokémon Center
    • OT : PCTH
    • OT ID : 05223
    • Held Item : Leftovers
    • Distribution Date : May 22nd - 28th
    • Distributed Pokémon: Pikachu
    • Mascot of: Tokyo
    • Distributed at : Tokyo Pokémon Center
    • OT : PCT
    • OT ID : 05293
    • Held Item : Light Ball
    • Distribution Date : May 29th - June 4th
    • Distributed Pokémon: Torterra
    • Mascot of: Yokohama
    • Distributed at : Yokohama Pokémon Center
    • OT : PCY
    • OT ID : 06053
    • Held Item : Choice Band
    • Distribution Date : June 6th - 11th
    • Distributed Pokémon: Infernape
    • Mascot of: Nagoya
    • Distributed at : Nagoya Pokémon Center
    • OT : PCN
    • OT ID : 06123
    • Held Item : Focus Sash
    • Distribution Date : June 12th - 18th
    • Distributed Pokémon: Emboar
    • Mascot of: Osaka
    • Distributed at : Osaka Pokémon Center
    • OT : PCO
    • OT ID : 06193
    • Held Item : Choice Scarf
    • Distribution Date : June 19th - 25th
    • Distributed Pokémon: Samurott
    • Mascot of: Fukuoka
    • Distributed at : Fukuoka Pokémon Center
    • OT : PCF
    • OT ID : 06263
    • Held Item : Expert Belt
    • Distribution Date : June 26th - July 2nd

* On July 3rd - 7th, there will random distribution which allow players to acquire randomly one of the above mentioned 7 pokemon.

Source : OFFICIAL INFORMATION

* Thanks to Nigoli for the translation. :)

UPDATE:

Mew and MewTwo Dolls - Dream World Home Distribution for Pokémon Black and White 2 (J)

[​IMG]

Note:
    For those of you with Japanese PGL account, can grab these dolls for your dream home décor.

19. Manafai

Manafai New Member

I did everything as instructed, and when the emulator kept failing to connect, I noticed something strange in my OUTPUT window. Every time I would boot up a rom, it would print this:

Fireware: save config - failed

No, this isn't spam, it posts this line 6 times. What is going wrong with the firmware? I've tried deleting and redownloading everything a few times but this save config error just keeps happening. This is probably directly related as to why I don't have any dfc files when I finished configuring the Emulation Settings and is the reason why I can't connect to SoftAP. What could possibly cause this failure over and over?

I'm running win7 as admin and with full control. I don't have any active anti-virus and my firewall has everything on its exceptions list.

20. TBreaker

TBreaker Well-Known Member

@ Manafai

The version of DeSmuME which is in the first post (3947) isn't able to save any changes to your firmware settings.
    For that reason there are two firmware.dfc files in the first post (1st, 2nd) in which everything is allready setup correct. So you only have to place one of them in the same directory as your DeSmuME.

If that won't work for you, try the newer DeSmuME version 4334. You can find it a few posts above (download link by Play3d).
    That version is, in my opinion, much better than version 3947. It's a bit faster, more stable and it's possible to save your wifi configuration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.