1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kordigan

kordigan Member

ehh than i guess that's the reason why it's not working for me, i don't have modem just a cable, yeah like you said internet speed is very high, but i guess this time ill have to pass this :/, maybe i will buy modem in future :)

2. 007shinobi

007shinobi Member

If you have wifi, you can still go the desmume and hamachi bridge route. I know it works because I'm using that method.

3. kordigan

kordigan Member

i don't have wifi this cable thing does not have it, but i can connect to other people wifi because i have a laptop ^^

4. 007shinobi

007shinobi Member

Perhaps try bridging your LAN and Hamachi? I've never tried it, but I might give u some results.

5. DuckenZ

DuckenZ Member

I tried bridging with Hamachi but I had no internet with the bridge. I tried doing ipconfig /all but after filling it out it still wouldn't connect me.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

when you bridge the machine acting as the bridge loses internet connectivity because it no longer has access to the nic.

7. DuckenZ

DuckenZ Member

How would I give it access to the NIC?

8. Loonylion

remove the bridge. It can't do both.

9. DuckenZ

DuckenZ Member

Hmm. Anything else I could do then?

10. adelove25

adelove25 New Member

Search DeSmuMe Wifi error on youtube and find the video this is my video on how to fix wifi errors i dont know if it fixes everything but it works

11. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You could choose to buy a modem or settle with playing nds roms without any wifi/online capability.

Off topic:
    Last night while I was away from home, my modem and router both got damaged by lightning! DAMN IT !!!
    Today I replaced my modem with a new one. Debating on buying another Wireless Router or a Wireless Area Network...... :-\
    Considering which is the better option. Was saving up for a new phone, but now had to prioritize on new internet hardware.
    I'm so bloody damn pissed .......

12. Loonylion

you're trying to decide between a wireless router and a wireless access point?

13. Prectorian

Yeah...
    Since my wireless router was fried along with my modem (it was hit via phone line + lan cable, since electric sockets was unplugged), I'm going for either another wireless router (TP-LINK TL-WR741ND) or a wireless AP/Client Router (TP-LINK TL-WR743ND). Not sure which one I can get my hands on with limited budget.

For all I care, it has to connect the lan cable hooked to the modem with the lan cable hooked to my computer (modem to computer is 45m apart in different rooms). I still can't find a switch to join the 2 lan cables (length of cable is 25m each), and it has to allow wireless connection (WPA/WPA2/WEP) for my smartphone, NDS console, and another laptop.

Right now, I had to resort to using my laptop right next to the modem since I had to use a shorter lan cable.

Anyway......I'm at risk of not being able to participate in the April International Pokémon Competition held starting tomorrow. :'(
    I've already registered, but without WEP connection for my NDS console, I might have to resort to competing via DeSmuMe.
    Hopefully I can find either of those 2 TP-LINK devices by tomorrow.

Update:
    Ended up buying a new wireless router since I can't find any shop selling client router. Back in business... ;D

14. beanclr

beanclr Member

This wouldn't work with Kingdom Hearts Days would it? Asking because I don't remember it needing to set up wifi to connect to people so it might use some kind of ad hoc.

15. Prectorian

UPDATE:

Red Genesect C-Gear Skin Distribution for Pokémon Black and White 1 & 2 (J)

[​IMG]

For those of you with a Japanese PGL account for the above mentioned pokemon game, you can grab the c-gear without password. As for those of you without Japanese PGL account or hasn't got ability to transfer the acquired C-Gear to your save file due to not having WIFI connectivity or unable to use DeSmuMe SVN WIFI; you may grab it via my C-Gear topic using the below link.

Download Link : Pokémon Black and White Latest Distribution C-Gear (J)(E)(U)

UPDATE:

Ho-Oh and Lugia Dolls - April Distribution for Pokémon Dream World Home
    for Pokémon Black and White 1 & 2 (J)

[​IMG]

16. pokemaniac15

pokemaniac15 Member

Why does everytime I use WiFi, I need to reset the rom from the WiFi option on Desmume? Else, WiFi won't work.

17. Prectorian

Your computer maybe/probably somehow blocks any changes due to the emulator not run in admin mode.

No idea. Try it yourself and find out first hand. I haven't played KHD.

18. TBreaker

TBreaker Well-Known Member

At the moment multiplayer on NDS emulators is only possible over Wifi.
    Therefore you have to play on retail cartridges or flashcarts if you want to use multiplayer features on non-Wifi games (like the Kingdome Hearts series).

Well, there is a bit non-Wifi multiplayer support on DeSmuMe.
    A while ago I read about that somewhere. You can only use small multiplayer features, because it's not stable enough.
    So for example it's possible to use the Pokemon wondercard distribution ROMs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Other features like trading or battling is, as far as I know, not possible.

19. Hallelujah

Hallelujah New Member

First of all english being not my native language i apologize for errors i could do.
    I found a way to make it work with a internet wifi connection, it uses the freeware NAT32 to build a nat between your wifi and ethernet interface. You can do it with the ethernet interface connected or not.

1.Download and install NAT32.
    Download it on www. nat32.com, extract it and install it.

2.Configure your ethernet interface.
    Put 192.168.1.55 as ip address and 255.255.255.0 as subnet mask for example (if connected you will need to do in accordance to what is)

3.Launch Configure NAT32.
    In the command box write driver install and press the enter key. Once the driver install complete exit and relaunch it. Click on continue then click on your wifi interface and select internet as connection type and private for your ethernet interface.Click apply, click apply.

4.Test DeSmuME wifi.
    Do as it is told in the opening post or launch your already prepared desmume. Be sure to select your ethernet interface. If it still don't work apply what is in the troubleshooting section of the opening post.

PS : Once NAT32 configured you can use the shortcut NAT32_RUN on your desktop no need to reconfigure it.
    PS2 : It happens after a long time the wifi connection stop, i don't know why and haven't found a solution but to exit NAT32.

20. beamer159

beamer159 New Member

I got this working, awesome work! However, I was wondering something. I'm playing Pokemon Soul Silver and using the GTS. When I connect to the Nintendo Wi-Fi for the first time, it binds my "game card" to my "system." Here's a message I get:

[​IMG]

This is what is supposed to happen. However, it would be extremely helpful to me if there was a way to erase my "User Information" from the game card, or to unbind the game card from the system. This way, the next time I connect, it would appear that I am connecting to the Nintendo Wi-Fi for the first time again. Is this possible?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.