1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You see, my telephone line (short cable) along with the TD-8817 is in another room, diagonal from where my computer is. It's connected to my WR-740N via LAN Cable some 15m away (which is 1/2 the diagonal distance from my room), and another 15m of LAN Cable connects the wireless to the laptop. I can't bypass it since I couldn't find anyone selling a network LAN cable Ethernet extension connector/adapter, while buying a new 30m long cable isn't an option since per meter is expensive. If only I had bought a wireless modem-router, then I can drop one of it.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

so you're not using wireless at all? In that case, disable dhcp on the second router (not the one on the phone line) and use two of the switch ports on it, not the WAN port.

3. Prectorian

I do use the wireless router for my smartphone and NDS, both can use WEP encryption. And I'd sometimes changes it to WPA if I need to use it for my second laptop. What happen if I disable the DHCP, will it shut down the wireless antenna? Cause I do need to use it from time to time.

4. necrosword

necrosword New Member

I'm assuming nobody can answer these questions for me?

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no disabling dhcp will not shut down the wireless. What it will do is make your computers etc get their IP addresses from the other router, i.e the one managing the internet connection, so dhcp needs to be enabled on that one, and not using the wan port on the second router removes its routing functions, so its doing nothing but wireless and switch functions. You will then need to disconnect and reconnect devices to make sure they get new IPs (or run ipconfig /release followed by ipconfig /renew in a command prompt).

6. Prectorian

I'll give it a try in that case. Maybe it might improve my internet in some ways. Thanks loony.

Sometimes that happen due to instability. No cannot use Friend Code, it's IR feature. Yeah can connect to other desmume (which is on other computer). A number of people tested it before and said it work. I personally not yet tried doing it. So I can't help you on that.

INFO:

Am not going to be around for at least 3 days, don't cry me a river !
    And, No! I won't miss you !!!

7. necrosword

necrosword New Member

turns out i was able to get phantasy star zero to work with my gf, but for some reason mario kart does not.

8. trowabar03

trowabar03 Member

I have the exact same issue in Mario Kart DS too, can reach up to the point where everybody is lined up at the start, but the countdown or race never actually starts, then eventually kicks me. Haven't had any luck getting around it unfortunately. Also tried a Friend Code race with somebody else using Desmume on his own computer but no luck being able to see each other at all either.

9. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

I fucking love that quote.

10. Prectorian

INFO:

Shaymin and Celebi Dolls Distribution For Pokémon Dream World Home (J)

[​IMG]

INFO:

TV Iris' Dragonite PGL Distribution For Pokémon Black and White 1 & 2 (J)

[​IMG]

INFO:

April 2013 International Challenge For Pokémon Black and White 2 (J)

[​IMG]

Note:
    [list type=decimal]
    [*]Registration : April 12th - 18th 2013
    [*]Competition : April 19th - 21st 2013
    [*]Classification : Junior, Senior, Master
    [*]Pokémon Eligible : National Dex 1 - 649
    [*]Banned Pokémon : Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Chatot, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect
    [*]Battle Type : Double
    [*]Participation Reward : Liechi Berry and Salac Berry
    [*]Other Restriction: Cannot use 2 or more pokemon of the same dex ID, cannot use same held items
    [/list]

For more info : April 2013 International Competition Rules

INFO:

Castelia Gym Session Tyranitar Pokémon League Competition Distribution (E/U)

[​IMG]

11. Prectorian

UPDATE:

TV Iris's MultiScale Dream World Dragonite
    For Pokémon Black and White 2 (J)

[​IMG]

DOWNLOAD LINK : PKM Dream World Event Distribution

Note:
    As mentioned in the earlier post, if you've an account in the Japanese PGL site, you can get a dragonite which is based on Iris' TV version. For those who can't access WIFI or don't have a Japanese account, you can grab the .PKM file which I'd extracted from my save file, and shared in the above link.

UPDATE:

Director Junichi Masuda's Deoxys For Pokémon Black and White 2 (J)

[​IMG]

Note:
    This is the same pokemon as previously held on December 2012, just a re-run for a different occasion.

Nagoya Golden Magikarp For Pokémon Black and White 1 & 2 (J)

[​IMG]

DOWNLOAD LINK : Pokémon Black and White Latest Wondercard Distribution Event (J)(E)(U)

INFO:

2013 March International Challenge WIFI Competition
    For Pokémon Black and White 2 (E)(U)

[​IMG]

A reminder to all who wish to participate in the above March 2013 International Competition (J)(E)(U), registration is due to close tomorrow (March 21st), and competition shall commence on March 22nd. If you need to know the rules, be sure to check my post in page 50. Also be sure to register via your PGL account before finalizing the registration steps via your Battle Competition option in the main menu of your Pokémon Black and White 2 game.

12. Joxn

Joxn New Member

Are you still offering help? I can't get the wifi for Pokemon White 2 to work

13. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

we can help and we are not psychics

first give us details......

14. mc fuzz

mc fuzz New Member

so no one on here knows what to do to set up wifi setting for a mac? :( if anyone does it would make my week thank you.

15. Prectorian

I don't even know if there is any DeSmuMe SVN or JIT version for MAC. Even if there is, I don't know if there is any program for MAC that functions like 'winpcap'. I'd suggest either you install WIN or buy the handheld.

16. o0sky0o

o0sky0o New Member

Can I do this for desmune 0.9.8 ?

17. Prectorian

Why don't you see under config in v.0.9.8 if it has the necessary options as shown in page 1 ?!

18. DonLee

DonLee New Member

I need help. I managed to do all the steps successfully, but when the emulator says that it's connected, the output window (the black one) will say that something like "wifi disconnected."
    [​IMG]

When I go to the GTS and attempt to trade, the screen will show this: [​IMG]

19. TBreaker

TBreaker Well-Known Member

@ DonLee
    It seems that you are using a version of DeSmuME which doesn't support Wifi.
    Only version 3947 (in the first post of this topic) and version 4334 (in this post) are supporting Wifi properly.
    Unfortunately any other version has unstable connection.

Or maybe your firewall or antivirus software is blocking DeSmuME or WinPcap.
    Try adding DeSmuME and WinPcap to the exception list of your firewall and antivirus.

20. DonLee

DonLee New Member

It worked with the 4334 version! Thank you very much. ;D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.