1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaboros, can you post a tutorial how to use Hamachi?

2. Gaboros

Gaboros New Member

First of all download and install hamachi. Just google it, you will find it.

After you done this, run the program, and turn it on and connect to the server. You must get an IP address from it. And Of course you have to run hamachi all the time.

After this go to the control panel select the network center and select from the left hand side the network adapters. Select the hamachi adapter and that one which have your active internet connection and while both of it selected press the right mouse button. The only available command should be the make bridge connection. Select it and a new network adapter will appear. If you have internet access you are good to go. But unfortunately some of the cards lost internet in this point, and you have to configure it manually.

So if you don't have internet access, BEFORE you make the bridge connection open the command line and type in: "ipconfig /all". A lot of informations will appear. Search for the name of the adapter which have your active internet connection and write down the following datas:
    IPv4 Address, Subnet mask, Default gateway and DNS (this have two or more IP address). After you have all of these datas, make your bridge connection and then select the bridge. Select TCP/IP protocol v4 and modify the the automatic IP and DNS settings to manually and type in the datas what you have gathered before. Save it and now you must have internet connection again. Note that sometimes, only DNS or IP is enough, you don't need both.

If the bridge is read and you have internet access, open the emulator and at the wifi settings select the hamachi adapter. Try to connect and this time your connection will be successful for sure, even with wireless connection. ;)

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Actually it's been said before by some that can't use LAN Broadband that bridging using HAMACHI does work. Only that my topic isn't about how to setup the emulator via Wireless. So I don't have it posted on page 1. But accounts about it working on that program is there among the 50 pages.

But anyway, feel free to write down the steps in here. Would be useful for those needing to know about it. And easier too than making a separate topic about it. Keep everything in one place.

4. Gaboros, I follow your step, get Internet connection with the bridge, but still encounter error 52000
    [​IMG]

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Actually, no you wouldn't. JIT is a compilation strategy, and relates to how the program achieves its purpose, and subversion is a version control system used for keeping track of changes to files, usually source code. There's absolutely no connection between the two.

6. Prectorian

INFO:

Micle Berry Distribution For Pokémon Black and White 2 (E)(U)
    From Feb 28th - Apr 25th 2013
    *Only for those who had participated in the VGC Winter Friendly 2013 International Competition*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. GallicoMaster

GallicoMaster New Member

Can someone help me with connection to the Pokemon Dream World from Pokemon Black? Can't manage to get pass through Game Sync, keeps telling me "Game Sync has run out of energy" or sth like that. Has anyone managed to use PDW ?

8. Prectorian

Wait 18-24 hours from the time you first see that message before tying again to send a pokemon to sleep/wake up to/from the dream world.

INFO:

2013 International WIFI Competition - Japan Region
    Pokémon Black and White 2 (J)

[​IMG]

Note:
    Competition: March 22nd - 25th 2013
    Participation Reward: Rowap Berry
    Division: Junior, Senior, Master
    Pokémon to use: National Dex 1 - 649 (except the below mentioned restricted pokemon)
    Battle Type: Double
    Pokémon Level: All level able to join(any pokemon above 50 will be recognize as level 50)
    Restriction;
    1. Cannot use : Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Chatot, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina,
    Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect
    2. Cannot have more than 1 pokemon of the same National Dex ID in the team
    3. Cannot have more than 1 pokemon using the same item

INFO:

*Up coming PGL WIFI distribution for those who joined the TCG Competition Events (info thanks to Serebii.net).

[​IMG]

UPDATE:

GameStop USA Spring 2013 Melloetta
    For Pokémon Black and White 1 & 2

[​IMG]

Download Link: Pokémon Black and White Latest Distribution Wondercard Event (JPN)(EU)

UPDATE:

Kanto Trio Starters Egg Distribution 2013
    For Pokémon Black and White 2 (KOR)

[​IMG]

Download Link: Pokemon Black and White Latest Wondercard Event (KOR)

UPDATE:

Dream World Trio Sinnoh Starters (Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup)
    From Walmart USA
    For Pokémon Black and White 1 & 2

[​IMG]

Download Link: Pokemon Black and White Latest Wondercard Event (JPN)(EU)

UPDATE:

Melloetta C-Gear Skin Distribution Event
    For Pokémon Black and White 2 (E)(U)

[​IMG]

For those of you who can't connect to WIFI, you can grab the C-Gears from the link below;

Download Link : Pokemon Black and White Latest Distribution Event C-Gear (J)(EU)

UPDATE:

Melloetta Musical Show
    For Pokémon Black and White 1 & 2 (E)(U)

[​IMG]

For those of you who can't connect to WIFI, you can grab the Musical Show from the link below;

Download Link : Pokemon Black and White Latest Distribution Event C-Gear (J)(EU)

UPDATE:

Celebi and Shaymin Doll Dream World Home Décor
    March Distribution
    For Pokémon Black and White 1 & 2 (E)(U)

[​IMG]

9. Prectorian

UPDATE:

Blastoise, Charizard, and Venusaur C-Gear Skin Distribution
    For Pokémon Black and White 2 (J)
    (For Those who had participated and ranked in the 2013 Kanto Cup Competition)

[​IMG]

For those who didn't participate or failed to get into the rankings, you can grab the C-Gear rewards from the link below;

Download Link : Pokemon Black and White Latest Distribution Event C-Gear (J)(E)(U)

INFO:

2013 March International Challenge WIFI Competition
    For Pokémon Black and White 2 (E)(U)

[​IMG]

Details;
    [list type=decimal]
    [*]Registration : March 14th - 21st 2013
    [*]Competition : March 22nd - 25th 2013
    [*]Participation Reward : Rowap Berry (given after overall ranking is published)
    [*]Game Cart to use : Pokémon Black and White 2
    [*]Pokémon Allowed : National Dex 1 - 649 (such include pokemon received from distribution events)
    [*]Pokémon Not Allowed : Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Chatot, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect (Also no 2 or more pokemon with same National Dex ID may be registered)
    [*]Held Item Not Allowed : Soul Dew (Also no 2 or more pokemon can hold the same held item)
    [*]Move Not Allowed : Sky Drop, Dark Void
    [*]Pokémon Level : 1 - 100 (Any pokemon above 51 will be considered as 50)
    [*]No. of Battle Party : 4 - 6
    [*]Battle Format : Double Battle
    [*]Division: Junior, Senior, Master
    [/list]

For further competition details, read this : Official Competition Rules

INFO:

2013 PGL Japan Cup Competition
    For Pokémon Black and White 2 (J)

[​IMG]

[list type=decimal]
    [*]Registration : April 26th - May 2nd 2013
    [*]Competition : May 3rd - 6th 2013
    [*]Battle Format : Double
    [*]Pokémon Allowed : National Dex 1 - 649
    [*]Pokémon Not Allowed : Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Chatot, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect
    [*]Pokémon Level : 1 - 100 (Any pokemon above 51 will be considered as 50)
    [*]No. of Battle Party : 4-6
    [*]Division : Junior, Senior, Master
    [*]Reward : Earn eligibility to enter the WCS 2013 Competition & represent Japan (Must be Japanese & Living in Japan)
    [*]Held Item Restriction : No 2 or more pokemon may hold the same held item
    [*]Pokémon Restriction : No 2 or more pokemon of the same National Dex ID may enter[/list]

For further competition details, read this : Official Competition Rules

INFO:

Just for your info, currently the DeSmuMe (non-official) version are;

1. SVN r.4549 (Mar 2013) : X32 Version and X64 Version

2. JIT SVN r.4292 (June 2012) : X32 Version and X64 Version

New WinPcap v.4.1.3 : DIRECT DOWNLOAD

*I've not tested it, but as always the setup method should be the same, with the exception where the Firmware.dfc gets created in the battery folder instead of showing on the main root.

Note:
    Next up-coming event should include;
    1. Rowap Berry Reward (for participants of the 2013 International WIFI Competition) *Can't be shared except via dream world shelf
    2. Some pokemon given away to those who participated in the TCG competition as I'd posted earlier
    3. Few more doll décor distribution probably 4 - 6 more to come until the release of X & Y 3ds version
    4. "Two Smiling Super Conference" live WIFI competition event, not sure what the reward will be ( event starts April 27th in Japan)
    5. VGC Competition 2013 (not sure when)

And some other events yet disclosed...... :-X
    In the mean time, that's about it, I can take some rest until the next round of events.

10. Razor-117c

Razor-117c New Member

I signed up just to thank you all!
    I'd like to mention that this works on the following -
    1>Windows 8 Pro x86
    2>Desmume 0.9.7 svn 3947
    3>I used the firmware replacement option 1(it worked after I did this)
    4>A strange setup - connected by wire to Wifi Router, which was connected to a router for internet access
    5>WinPCap 4.1.3

One question - it runs very slowly on my desktop - will it cause any problems??
    Once again, thank you!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

11. Prectorian

It's not a strange setup. It's one of the correct setup.

You mean the emulator itself emulates the rom slowly or are you talking about getting online being slow?
    If the first, then the problem would be 'are you patient enough?', if the second then it may cause some sudden connection cut-off.
    Otherwise, there's no problem whatsoever. The emulation speed can be a bit fasten by pressing the (+) button, all in all the quality
    of the emulator rely on how good your computer spec is. It can't be as perfect as the original console.

12. Razor-117c

Razor-117c New Member

@prectorian - thank you for your answers

I should have checked properly before posting but my laptop on which I usually play was getting formatted, so I just saw this error now now(after I got my save files).Sheesh.
    "Test Connection" is working but when I try to connect to Nintendo WFC, it throws out error code 50000.

13. necrosword

necrosword New Member

I'm having an issue with mario kart ds, it seems to work well until the match starts. Once every player gets into the race there's no count down or time limit and nothing happens. Was wondering if anyone came across this or knows of a fix. (Player Discconected Error) Or (You were disconnected from nintendo WFC)

I was also wondering if their's a possibility in lan link or lan wifi connecting methods or friend codes to other desmume?

Thanks.

14. Loonylion

two routers connected together is a strange setup, and a bad one.

15. Prectorian

Not sure about what he meant about his connection, but;

My connection is like this;
    telephone line - splitter (one for modem the other for telephone) - TP-LINK TD 8817(Modem Router) - LAN Broadband Cable - TP-LINK WR740N (Wireless Router) - Lan Broadband Cable - Laptop

With the above method, I got no problem using my DeSmuMe's wifi feature. The internet speed itself is due to my subscription being the lowest on the price list; I'm the only person at home using internet, so got no reason to get high end.

16. Loonylion

yes, that's a bad setup, you're double NATed

a proper setup would be one of the following:

telephone line - filter - wireless modem/router - laptop

or

telephone line - filter - modem - lan cable - wireless router - laptop

or

telephone line - filter - modem/router - lan cable - wireless access point - laptop.

or

telephone line - filter - modem - lan cable - router - lan cable - wireless access point - laptop

having two routers in the system is asking for trouble.

17. Prectorian

I'm not sure what sort of trouble it might cause, but so far it's working fine. Probably because I'm the only entity in my house that's accessing the internet.

But yeah, I should have bought just a wireless access point, as it's cheaper and not to mention the remaining ports just left empty, but when I asked the TP-Link official distributor for advice, the technician said it'll be fine. So in the end, I bought what I now use.

18. Loonylion

he's wrong, double NAT causes all sorts of problems. if you've ever had issues connecting to services, or things not working for no apparent reason, that's probably because of the double NAT. If you've never had problems you're extremely lucky.

19. Prectorian

Had that trouble before, around a month after I installed the wireless router for the first time, but that was because I let the setup for both modems/routers as 'auto assign'. Now I set each of it as xxx.xxx.0.1 and xxx.xxx.1.1, since then, everything is fine. And often my mom would be using my laptop to Skype with my bro, and I'd be accessing wirelessly via my other laptop/smartphone at the same time. Aside from a bit slowing down, everything else is fine.

20. Loonylion

xxx.xxx.0.1/24 and xxx.xxx.1.1/24 are different subnets therefore there is two levels of address translation, hence double NAT. You might be able to remove the double NAT problem by not using the WAN port on the wireless router, and disabling dhcp on the wireless router

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.