1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nayro57

nayro57 Member

The save works with the basic version of desmume so I dont´t think that the save si corrupted :/
    I don't realy want to start from the begenning :(

2. ricardo 4

ricardo 4 New Member

thanks help alot.

3. nayro57

nayro57 Member

I managed to recover my save ^^ (I used the save system which is integrated in the game).

So in the settings of the CWF I'm able to connect to the CWF but when I want to use WIFI in the game (for the mystery gift or for exchange) I obtain the 20100 error, someone has an idea to fix this ? :/

4. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

20100 means something like you are not able to connect to acess point. did the output show you connected to softap ?

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Ah shit. It's Chinese New Year.

7. Prectorian

Yup, it's new year's eve tonight. But no party today or tomorrow. The peak event will be in 15 days from now, there's going to be street carnival in many Chinatowns around the world.

8. nayro57

nayro57 Member

Yes I think :
    [​IMG]

There is sometimes the message :
    crap we're gonna nuke a packet at 2/69

[​IMG]

Edit:

I will try tomorrow on another connection

9. trowabar03

trowabar03 Member

Hey guys, haven't checked this thread in a while, but I noticed there seems to be a newer version of desmume wifi mentioned in this thread that has some pop up message when you try to connect to Nintendo WFC now, and some dns request messages on the dos screen when you connect to SoftAP. Which version is that, or is there a link to it?

I see, thanks, at least it's good to know I'm not the only one with this issue. Though I'm almost sure I've seen posts elsewhere of people being able to use desmume to battle/trade/etc. with their friends, unless they meant it as emu to real DS connections, and not emu to emu like I thought. Guess I'll have to see if I can find somebody with a real DS to test the wifi club with just to make sure, or even just exchange codes online with somebody.

10. Prectorian

@Naryo57,

[quote author=Naryo57]
    I have a 100 Mega connexion with optical fiber (I even tried with two different connexions), I configured the "emulation config" and "wifi config" menus like it was explained in the tutorial, I am in ethernet and not in wifi ; this time I got an error 50000. [/quote]

Are you sure your WIN7 is x32? If it's x64, then use the x64 version. There are 2 .exe in the folder make sure to use the correct one. Try manually input the info needed in the WFC, if you are using a modem. You'd sucessfully did the test connection, but it's not stable thus why you see that error code. Check your setup. That's as much as I can tell you.

@Trowabar03,
    If you want to try new SVN versions, make sure to place the firmware.dfc inside the Battery folder. Before doing the setup as mentioned in page 1. Some SVN releases will fail. I don't remember which one of the new ones work. Check the older posts some page back. 2 members mentioned which they recommend after trying it themselves.

11. nayro57

nayro57 Member

I'm sure my 7 is X32 ^^ this test was run with a 5mega connexion. Tonight I will go home with my 100 mega connection and I could start a new test ^^
    Post Merge: [time]1360530901[/time]
    That does not work even with my 100 mega connexion, I think that I'm going to abandon :/

Thanks for your help

12. nayro57

nayro57 Member

Hello,

I bought a new PC which is in x64. I installed Desmume wifi version, and it worked ! I managed to connect and exchange a pokemon :)

Thanks

13. Prectorian

I'm shocked.....not because of it work, cause I know it works. But because you bought a new PC just for this purpose?

14. nayro57

nayro57 Member

no lol, my old PC was 3 years old and was starting to get rusty...I really needed a new PC, especially for my courses and I didn't buy it just for an emulator XD

15. Prectorian

INFO:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Dredj

Dredj Member

So strange.. I reinstalled Tunngle the other day and today I couldn't log into WiFi, so I checked the adapter in desmume and switched over to my Tunngle network, so I changed it back to Ethernet and rebooted desmume. Still couldn't into WiFi so I shut off desmume and went and removed my Tunngle network from my adapter list, and then desmume started crashing on load up, so removed the contents of the battery folder and save stats and it still crashed, I removed the firmware.dfc and it still crashes.

So I redownloaded desmume from the front page and it worked, so I copied over the battery, firmware folder, firmware.dfc and desmume.config file from my original and broken desmume, loaded the new 1 again and it still worked, and I went and logged into Nintendo WiFi and got my Pokemon out.

I have no freakin idea what happened, all is working now though. Just thought I'd share.

17. Prectorian

UPDATE:

WIFI Bulbasaur Egg Distribution
    For Pokemon Black and White 2 (Kor)

[​IMG]

Download Link : Korean Pokemon Black and White Latest Distribution Wondercard

Note:
    There will be follow up distribution for Charmander Egg Distribution on February 27th - March 13th, and Squirtle Egg Distribution on March 14th - 31st.

18. Sinfector

Sinfector New Member

Hey guys,awesome work with the setup,it really helped me a lot to establish my own wifi connection.It's my first time here so please be gentle i only got one question!So i have everything up and running,even submitted a pokemon at the GTS,everything is cool till now(i am online for like two hours till now ;p)but i have one question about the entralink.Whenever i approach a warped gate,i lose my signal and i guess i can't find any other world to wrap at.Is this normal?At my output screen i get the resterizer rendering message but i figured that it's about my PC's performance.I'm not really bothered since i got to connect at gamesync,but you know!Thanks on behaf and once again AWESOME work guys.

19. Prectorian

It's normal. Entre-bridge, and all features that utilized infra-red won't work.

[​IMG]

Finally, I've acquired all 3 rare berries which was distributed via competitions through means of swapping; Jaboca, Micle, and Custap berries. I've officially got them for both my BW 1 and BW 2 PGL Gardens.

INFO:

Tepig, Snivy, and Oshawott PGL Home Dolls
    For Pokemon Black and White 2 (E)(U)

[​IMG]

Victiny, Reshiram, and Zekrom C-Gear Skins
    For Pokemon Black and White 2 (E)(U)

[​IMG]

Note:
    These 2 events don't require any passwords. But they are only available to those who had registered both or either their B1 or W1 with both or either their B2 or W2 games in one single PGL account.

For those of you who can't access the C-Gear promo due to having only only 1 of those versions in a PGL account, or have no access to PGL due to no WIFI ability. You can still grab a copy of the C-Gear from this link : Pokemon Black and White Latest Distribution Event C-Gear(U)(E)(J).

20. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

im not able to acess these events , i have regestered W1 and B2 .

edit: regesterd W1 just now and tucked in a pokemon but still no luck .

any ideas ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.