1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dredj

Dredj Member

DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 r3947 x86/x32 WIFI with WinPcap v.4.1.2

Connected via Ethernet into a Router.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You mean....telephone line - modem - lan cable - router - lan cable - pc ?
    If it's router - wireless - pc...then it means you've no access to INFRASTRUCTURE, instead uses AD HOC. Thus will need to go through a virtual machine tunneling program. In which case, I can't help further, you'll need to watch the youtube video from John3.

If you are using the first connection setup as I mentioned;
    Then you should have been able to connect through the method provided in page 1. Unless you had failed to save FIRMWARE settings. In which case, you might either need to manually input your IP, DNS, etc. into the WFC settings, and/or replace your self-generated firmware.dfc using either of the 2 .dfc provided on page 1. Sometimes, restarting might help. Make sure to click on the correct DeSmuMe icon, as there might be 2 meant from different bit system.

If you are on LAN CABLE connection, but have no access to INFRASTRUCTURE then likely your internet is one that don't use it. Thus won't work, unless you try to go via VM program. In which case, I can't help further, you'll need to watch the youtube video from John3.

3. Dredj

Dredj Member

Ah sorry, it's cable.

4. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

can we use another software than wincpap? still trying on my friend's side, it can't run exe ._.

5. Prectorian

Both winPcap and the emulator provided in page 1 are .EXE which runs on WINDOWS OS. It wasn't meant for MAC from the start. I don't even own any MAC computer, so I never got around to test it. Even if I did own one, both the winPcap and DeSmuMe are for Windows, it's not compatible. How you got to saying in your reply #1137 (which I should point out; had been edited by you - removing the original text) claimed that you and your friend had gotten it running well on the MAC ?! It puzzled me, when those files are for Windows and you can't even/don't know how to run the .exe because you are on MAC. I am aware there're ways to make MAC run .exe. But for this case, I don't think it'll function as expected. Which is why I didn't respond to your initial post reply #1137 because I can't help. ::) :eek: ???

6. quadsas

quadsas Member

Different firmwares do not work. only thing that has changed is error message. instead of 52100 it is 52102. Dunno what the hell is wrong.

7. Prectorian

Reading your 2 posts.....I get the assumption that you are not even using LAN Broadband connection. So how exactly are you connected to the internet? Better read what I wrote on page 1 thoroughly. If your connection method don't use LAN Broadband, then it will not work.

There are only 3 method known to work;
    1. telephone line - modem - LAN Broadband Cable - router (with or without wireless antena) - LAN Broadband Cable - PC/Laptop [setup using Infrastructure method]
    2. telephone line - modem - LAN Broadband Cable - PC/Laptop [setup using Infrastructure method]
    3. telephone line - modem - LAN Broadband Cable - router (with wireless antenna) - PC/Laptop (through VM tunneling program) [setup using AD HOC method] *for this method follow John3's youtube video, I can't help because I don't use VM tunneling program.

If you're not on any of those method, it will not work.

8. Maltheo2005

Maltheo2005 Active Member

@dredj

Try using Desmume svn4219 x86 first, see if that works or change your error codes at least.

@quadsas

I think error codes around 52000 are pretty much caused by one mistake. What you need to do is to narrow down what causing it, first download Desmume svn4219 x86 as it works really fine for me, then download the version 2 firmware (.dfc) at page 1 and paste it in the Battery folder inside your Desmume folder. Be sure you copy the biosnds7, biosnds9 and firmware.bin in the Firmware folder inside your desmume folder.

If the error codes change, we're getting somewhere. :)

@prectorian

Making it right now, including tips & troubleshooting. :)

9. Prectorian

Ok. Good luck.
    Oh...feel free to respond to posts made in this topic.
    I could use the extra hand to help those having difficulties setting up the emulator.

INFO:

Sacred Sword Keldeo for Pokémon Black and White 2 (U)(E)
    WIFI DOWNLOAD EVENT
    Starting January 25th - February 12th 2013

[​IMG]

For those of you with the English language, USA or European, Black 2 & White 2 games, a new WiFi event has been announced. This WiFi event gives you a Level 50 Keldeo with the moves Sacred Sword, Aqua Jet, Hydro Pump and Swords Dance. It will run from January 25th 2013 until February 12th 2013 so get it while you can.

By the way.....this is the same pokemon that was recently distributed via WIFI in France. Which I had added to my Wondercard Topic in the COLLECTION SECTION.

@Neon32,
    The above is the Keldeo pokemon you had asked about that was out in France. It's going to be available for download in 2 days time in English. For this one, you can use your E or U rom to do the download via the MYSTERY GIFT option in your Main Menu. Make sure to make space for it. If you fail to download it later, it's because you have the French wondercard in your mystery gift slot. Delete the .pgf from your wondercard slot using POKEGEN. You don't need to delete the keldeo you had received from the mailman. Let it be in your poke box. Then just re-try to receive the mystery gift via WIFI again after removing the wondercard from the slot. Understood? ;)

10. quadsas

quadsas Member

I am not getting 52000 error. I am getting 52100 which is completely different. And yes, I only have wireless connection, but as I said - I DID MANAGE TO CONNECT ONCE.

11. Tooks

Tooks Member

I've tried everything in the troubleshooting but im still stuck with error 20104 :[

The weird thing is, the OUTPUT window will say its connected, i'll see two updates, i'll get a little popup asking me if I'm sure I want to connect to WFC and even after all that it hangs for ages and then boom, 20104 :/

I'll try and upload an image.

Edit:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Maltheo2005

@quadsas
    I stated error codes around 52000, which means error codes with 52--- at the beginning and beyond that are probably caused by the same thing. So please try out the solutions I provided.

@prectorian
    Sure will. Thanks. I'm having another problem regarding firmware, I mistakenly replaced it thinking it was the cause of my Pokemon White crashes, but turned out it were the action replay codes. So I'm into fixing again. :)

@Tooks
    Trying using Desmume 0.9.7 svn4219 x86. It might solve the problem.

13. quadsas

quadsas Member

nope. tried with three different versions (0.9.9 newest svn included). getting 52101 error. with 0.9.9 I get gamelink, battle etc. options that I do not wwith older versions though.

14. Maltheo2005

If you already tried different versions of Desmume, it could possibly be the firmware.dfc. Try using the version 2 of firmware at page 1, if that doesn't work, you might want to search other firmwares on google since this firmware file can be sometimes a real pain in the neck. Be sure you paste it in your Battery folder inside your Desmume folder.

If that still didn't work, another option I could suggest is to downgrade from 0.9.9 to the version I specifically provided. Sometimes, this type of method fixes errors in software. And kindly check if you placed all the necessary files (bios, firmware.bin) on their designated folders and recheck emulation settings and wifi settings.

I hope any of my suggestions work.

EDIT: Try editing your Nintendo WFC manually. I just encountered error 52100 and it was after I modified my DNS. If you're not sure what data to put in your SoftAp settings, please do say so and I'll help you out.

15. Tooks

Tooks Member

I dont know how but I got it working =] now if only I could get the 9.7 wifi client to work as well as the current desmume one does. I got 60fps on there but, depending on what im doing, 40-60 on the wifi client >.<

16. Maltheo2005

Well done. If you ever remember how you fixed it, please provide the info here so anyone who has the same problem could solve it easier. :)

17. Tooks

Tooks Member

All I did was follow the video tutorial in the first page, I think its was because I was using the .dfc files in the wrong way.

Did 9.8 bring alot of performance enhancements? The performance differences between wifi and non wifi are extreme haha. God I need a better CPU.

18. Maltheo2005

Or perhaps a wrong .dfc file. Lucky you. Now go ahead and enjoy. :)

19. Dredj

Dredj Member

Doesn't the .dfc just sit in the DeSmuME folder?

Why are people putting stuff in the battery folder, I see no mention on the front page to do that. It's not something I have been doing.

20. focker55msn

focker55msn New Member

Working Connection!!! - DeSmuME 0.9.7 svn3947 on Windows 8 x64!! :D !!!

And I'm registered in pokemon-gl.com successfully :) !!

Thanks a lot @Prectorian...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.