1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maltheo2005

Maltheo2005 Active Member

Thanks, I learned new stuffs here again. Right now, I'm gonna try exporting the save files from desmume to no$gba since I've read it somewhere that no$gba allows connection of two emulators. Hope future desmume versions allow the same thing too. :)

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

No. No$GBA doesn't support such method, it doesn't even support WIFI. So don't bother giving it a go on it. Will not work.

3. Dasm

Dasm Member

I've been trying to get this to work for THE longest time now, and I have had some success, but it's not what I want.

My connection is as follows- I am connected straight from my cable modem into my Network interface card with Cat 6 ethernet.. The absolutely ONLY way that I could get desmume's wifi to work was to use a virtualbox (emulate an OS inside of my OS via a virtual machine) and run it that way, but I lost some speed- Does any one know wtf could be going on?

4. Prectorian

Cause you had to create a virtual infrastructure connection via VM to make the emulator's WIFI feature to work on yours. That's why. Maybe someone else could help you. I don't use VM programs. And I'm going offline for now, got other things to do. Later.....

5. Dasm

Dasm Member

Thank you for the quick reply prectorian, much appreciated- Even if you didn't have a solution, you gave me something to work with, I have to figure out if I can emulate an infrastructure connection between my PC and the modem.. Hopefully someone else knows about this.

6. Maltheo2005

OMG!! It worked!! Trading between 2 Desmume (Pokemon white 1 and Pokemon black 2) :D I'm the happiest person alive right now lol

7. Prectorian

Good for you. :)

And I guess this is your computer spec?
    Windows 7 64bit, 8GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 470 1280ram, AMD Phenom II X6 @ 3.5GHz, Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller is connected directly via internet to my cable modem. Using DeSmuMe SVN r4334?

Well, if you can't choose to use the PCI-E via the INFRASTRCUTURE, then you're limited to using AD HOC through the VM. And your question in GBATemp, about the possibility of emulating a router's function using VM. I don't think that's possible. But I'm not tech savvy. Will need others with better computer hardware and networking knowledge, to respond better.

UPDATE:

VGC Winter Regional Championship 2013 - Blast Away The Competition!
    Abram Burrows' Cloyster (VGC Winter 2012 Champion)
    For Pokémon Black and White 2

[​IMG]

DOWNLOAD LINK : Pokemon Black and White Wondercard Latest Distribution Event (JPN)(EU)

Note:
    This wondercard event took place in USA.
    See news info about this event : CLICK HERE

8. Dasm

Dasm Member

Blast! It's a real bummer that I'm stuck to using a VM, since it really is a pretty big hassle and it takes CPU and RAM to run the VM, though I do have a little to spare, I notice some slow downs, and I'm not sure the connection to the Nintendo WiFi is as good as it should be.

9. Prectorian

Even through infrastructure the speed of the emulator is subjected to the computer hardware spec. I don't think the difference be much with what you're experiencing.

10. Maltheo2005

@prectorian

Hey, i'm having another problem. Trading in Wi-Fi club (using Pal Pad) almost work until it kept having error whenever the trade is about to be done. When both of desmume emulators have that message box: "Stopping communication..." it then shows up the error:

Communication Error. Please turn off the power. - After resetting, the pokemons are still with the original trainers. Do have any ideas how to fix this?

11. Prectorian

Probably a 'hiccup' due to trying to make the 2 emulators communicate among each other on 1 PC.
    But solving it, I can't. I've no idea on how to troubleshoot it. Sorry. You'll probably need to try over and over each time
    the connection broke. Maybe it'll go through.

12. Maltheo2005

I solved it. I just have to manually set up the wfc for both emulators. Different IPs but same for the rest (subnet, gateway, dns). Though i still had an error at the end, I received the pokemons right when I reloaded the game. :)

13. Prectorian

Ah...ok, thanks for the info. Now it's your turn giving me some new insight about how to troubleshoot that problem. Good for you.

14. quadsas

quadsas Member

airpcap?

this may help with wireless connections, just needs some setting up, I imagine. either way, I don't have an ethernet cable, so atm no WiFi for me. Which sucks.

Nevermind. For those with wireless connections, bridge connections, and then manually enter numbers and add 10 to the last three digit number in IP

I keep getting 52100 error. keep changing IP/DNS but still doesn't seem to work. weird. I know there is a way because I did manage to connect once.

15. Maltheo2005

@prectorian

Do you want me to post here the steps I did to connect two desmume? :)

@quadsas

That's more likely a firmware issue. Try and download a different version and paste it to your Battery folder.

16. Prectorian

Sure, feel free to do so. Just make sure to make it as clear as possible on the step by steps.
    Also go ahead and post how you troubleshoots your problems.

17. Dredj

Dredj Member

I'm getting Error 50000 no idea what to do, been trying for hours.

On the first page I d/l option 5, WinPcap is installed, both BIOS are linked in the right place and firmware. Under config > firmware, the details match what I set in the DS. Firewall is configured to allow.

So I load Pokemon Black 2 and go through WFC settings, searching for Access Point takes like 5secs, I select SoftAP and do the connection test, and this is where I get Error 50000, "No access point in range"

I'm on W7, run as admin is set, net speed is 125Mb, more then capable.

18. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

has anyone tried this on mac?

19. Dredj

Dredj Member

Ok I am getting something new now, I learned how to properly use the 2 .dfc on page 1, so now I can use the existing connections and can even make new 1's, but when I go into Pokemon Black 2 and use Game Sync I get Error 20100, which is exactly the same as 50000, that it can't find an access point, despite that I tested and even made new connections in WiFi club.

20. Prectorian

How are you connected to the internet anyway?
    Which DeSmuMe SVN are you using?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.