1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

One possibility is to recheck you settings, and try removing the firmware.dfc so that it creates a new one. Oh, make sure you are using a patched PKM BW 2 rom.

I thought I already told you in respond to your earlier question, that each events are for specific region game only. So if you want to download a WIFI event download from say USA, use a USA region game. Same case with France's events, use French region game. Only after that you can then send it to other region game, which in your case must use the POKEGEN to export the .pgf.

Anyway, that Keldeo event is nothing special, just that the Sacred Sword move is straight away there to use, it's not for triggering in-game event. Here's the .pgf file for that French Keldeo : CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD. It's only for BW 2, don't use it on the BW 1.

If you want to grab that Keldeo yourself, use a French region rom.

For you second question, what exactly are you trying to do anyway? If you are intending to send a pokemon from the BW 1 to trigger an event in BW 2, just export the .pkm file from the BW 1 save file, and then choose import to the BW 2's. Make sure you're export-importing the correct pokemon required. And then, have that pokemon in slot 1 of your party.

But anyway, if you want to make a non-traded pokemon to be 'a traded pokemon' using pokegen, just load your save file, then choose/highlight the pokemon to edit, RIGHT CLICK and choose VIEW DATA,
    then from the tabs on the left window, choose MET, then you choose LOCATION, then choose LINK TRADE. Then you click FILE, and choose SAVE[SAVE FILE], save it using the original save file name. Done.

2. Okiesmokie

Okiesmokie New Member

You can't connect to other people using desmume in the wifi club. I've tried everything, it just interprets th e connection packets differently than the actual hardware does. I can connect to people using DSes completely fine (even if they're using R4 cards), but I have never been able to connect to someone using an emulator.

3. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

thanks
    got it i just messed with the location thats all .

4. Prectorian

Update:

Larvesta Eggs for Pokémon Black and White 1
    (This is not an event distribution.)

[​IMG]

I've acquired these eggs while playing the game. So I thought maybe if anyone wants it, could grab this and use POKEGEN to inject it into their save file. Remember though...Larvesta evolves into Volcarona at level 56, and these are eggs. In the package are 2 eggs; one is the egg I received at route 17 (at a house on the path to the P2 LAB area) from a Treasure Hunter, while the second one is from breeding 2 Volcarona at the day-care center couple. So, if you want it, take it....if not, then ignore it.

DOWNLOAD LINK : CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

5. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Nice mate.
    And where the hell did you get that picture of the egg? It's awesome.

6. Prectorian

From Google, I'm not good at drawing on paper, let alone on computer. I merely clear up the white background using GIMP.

7. Maltheo2005

Maltheo2005 Active Member

Hi, I had a thought of connecting two Desmume to wifi for the reason of wanting to trade pokemons from my White version to Black version 2 using the Union Club. I opened up two Desmume and both were connected to wfc successfully (using 2 different connection options but same connection settings softap). The problem is I can't connect both to wfc at the same time, error 20100 comes up. I can only connect 1 at a time. Is connecting two desmume to wfc from the same pc even possible? Thanks for any suggestions.

8. Prectorian

@Maltheo2005,
    Try using 2 different firmware.dfc in each DeSmuMe. If that don't work. Then the answer is 'NO!'.
    If you want to send pokemon from BW 1 to BW 2, the simplest method is using POKEGEN to export the .pkm file from BW 1 and import it to BW 2. It will pass the legality checker.

9. Maltheo2005

Okay, I'll try that.

How about if I create a copy of the whole desmume folder into another folder? Will that work?

10. Prectorian

Don't think so. The key is in the firmware.dfc. Might want to try one DeSmuMe using your own generated .dfc, the other one using one of the pre-provided .dfc in page 1. Someone in the past did said it's possible. But I've never got around to confirm it, so I can't help troubleshooting. Also, do note that it might be very slow even if it does work. If it doesn't then just try to use POKEGEN instead. Good luck.

Info for Archive Purpose (not going to add to page 1) :

* The below links has nothing to do with whether these DeSmuMe releases will allow WIFI connectivity or not. This list is merely for archive purpose regarding current version.

Currently up to January 20th, the DeSmuMe SVN release is at revision 4488 from Nicole.
    1. For x32/x86 bit Windows computer
    2. For x64 bit Windows computer

Currently up to January 20th, the DeSmuMe JIT release is at revision 4309 from Nicole.

Currently up to January 20th, the DeSmuMe Official version is at version 0.9.8 from The DeSmuMe Team.
    1. For Mac computer

11. Maltheo2005

Okay thank you. I have two downloads of firmware here on my pc but not sure if they're totally different 'cause i got them somewhere from the net. If you don't mind, can you provide me links of two different firmware versions? I'm not sure where i can and if i can even get the right ones for my desmume.

12. Prectorian

I had mentioned where to look for; in Page 1.

13. Maltheo2005

Oyeah i forgot it was under the troubleshooting part. :) Anyway, I downloaded both and used them on two Desmume, but turns out the first one is not working for me. The game returns an error code of 52001 or 52002. I've encountered those errors a lot of times before, maybe that first firmware doesn't really work for wifi, i guess.

I'm looking for different firmware now.

14. Prectorian

You could make a request by creating a new topic in the non-emulation help section :CLICK HERE.

15. Maltheo2005

Okay, will do that. Anyway you mentioned Pokegen a while ago, I've used it to get pokemons instead of action replay but how do I export a pokemon out of a game? Is this still considered on topic or should I just figure it out myself?

16. Prectorian

It's simple;
    1. Run your POKEGEN program
    2. Load the SAVE FILE (in this case BW 1)
    3. Right click on the image of the pokemon you want to export, choose VIEW DATA
    4. Press FILE, and then choose SAVE POKEMON FROM TAB
    5. Give that file a name, and choose where to save it in your computer. It should auto end with .pkm

Next;
    6. Load your SAVE FILE (in this case BW 2)
    7. Now press FILE and then press OPEN, this time locate the .pkm from BW 1 that you had extracted earlier
    8. Press OK
    9. Choose a box that still have empty slot
    10. Right click on the empty slot, and choose SET
    11. Press FILE, and then press SAVE[SAVE FILE]
    12. Click on the existing save file, and choose to overwrite it.
    13. Done.

You may do multiple export-import of .pkm files at one go before going to step 11-13.

17. Maltheo2005

If I do this, will I lose the pokemon I uploaded?

18. Prectorian

What do you mean?
    The above action will make a duplicate of your BW 1's pokemon. So long you don't choose 'DELETE' via POKEGEN or 'RELEASE POKEMON' via In-Game option, it'll still be in the BW 1 save file, and a copy of that BW 1's pokemon will be also available in the BW 2's save file. If you're still unsure, just make a back up of your save file.

19. Maltheo2005

So it doesn't work like a trade right? I mean it basically clones the pokemon you upload?

20. Prectorian

Yes. It'll still be legitimate. And if you were to do the trade method, which you asked earlier, the pokemon sent will be gone from your BW 1 save file and sent to BW 2 save file. But using the POKEGEN method, you will still have that pokemon in the BW 1 save files, and also receive it in your BW 2 save files. But it's your choice. If you don't want to do that, then best figure out other method by yourself on how you'll send that BW 1 pokemon to BW 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.