1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

@biwot,

-responded in the technical section-

UPDATE:

Arceus Doll January Distribution from Pokémon Dream World

[​IMG]

2. GS.Kanmuru

GS.Kanmuru Member

Just a quick question, the firmware has something to do with what?: Emu, Rom or Connection?
    Because sir last december I'm not having a problem when loading the firmware save config. As a matter of fact, I can say that I'm used to it(troubleshooting). But after I haven't touched it since last month, and I've only opened it again now, it keeps on failing loading the firmware config. And another problem, when I tried to open the wifi emu a while ago, it crashes and gives me error, this is the 3rd time it happened, when I didn't open the emu wifi for some days. So what I did is extract again the emu file and then noticed that I have that problem now(firmware save config - fail), so I keep falling into error 20104. I didn't change any configs I'm doing previously especially disabling the firewall. I dont think and I wish that my connection is the problem coz it's stable 2mb/s, it's just that I tried every version of winpcap and emus but still encountering that problem. I've read and searched some same problems and most of the answer is maybe the problem is with my connection but I've ran and used it just some months ago and I don't really think my ISP is the problem coz it's still stable and the same. Someone really help especially you sir prectorian coz I am in a confusion right now :O

3. Prectorian

@GS.Kanmuru,

Firmware.dfc has to do with the emulator. Try deleting that file, and press CTRL-R to reset it. Then re-check settings again. Probably something had changed automatically without your knowing.

UPDATE:

Pokémon Center's Plasma P2 Lab Genesect Wondercard Distribution for Pokémon Black and White 1 (J)
    and Pokémon Black and White 2 (J)

[​IMG]

Download Link: Pokemon Black and White Latest Wondercard Distribution Event (JPN)(EU)

Note:
    This pokemon has in-game effect when taken to a specific place in both Pokémon Black and White version 1 and 2.

Edit:
    Have it in your team before entering the P2 Lab, after defeating the scientist there, he'll give you 2 drives;
    If you're playing PKM W1 or W2, you'll get: Chill Drive and Douse Drive.
    If you're playing PKM B1 or B2, you'll get: Burn Drive and Shock Drive.
    Use it to change the genesect's signature move.

4. TheBouncyPig

TheBouncyPig New Member

I think i've done everything on the steps but on the Infrastracture ''SiS SIS NIC SIS'' appears and what does Save Config - failed mean? When i also Test the Connection It says '' SOFTAP Connected! '' and then it will say '' SOFTAP Disconnected! "
    Edit: Does the wifi feature work on DSL? How about Etherfast Wireless Access Point + Cable/DSL Router with 4 Port Switch?

5. GS.Kanmuru

GS.Kanmuru Member

Just did the resetting and the checking of settings but still failed. Dont know why on earth every emus I tried keeps on failing, I'm losing hope xD

6. Prectorian

@TheBouncyPig,

'SIS SIS NIC SIS'? That's because you're using silicon integrated system 900 PCI Fast NIC Ethernet adapter.

Save config-fail simply means you had not configured the emulator properly. Could be many things;
    1. configuration failed to be saved
    2. security blockage (could be due not yet given admin access/ added into exception list in firewall-antivirus) ; don't disable antivirus/firewall !
    3. could be you are using LAN Cable but not through modem-router
    4. could be you need to replace the firmware.dfc with the alternative from page 1

Could also try doing a manual IP/DNS Gateway input into the emulator's WFC, something like this post by wasd94 stated: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=54397.msg1420774#msg1420774 but of cause, use the IP/DNS according to your internet provider given.

Try re-check how you're setup-ed. All I could offer is on page 1, can't provide further assistance, not tech savvy enough.

@GS.Kanmuru,

I've no idea why either. You'll just have to check your settings and all. Other than that, I can't help much. Must be something to do with your computer settings or internet setup. Cause I don't always use my emulator, could be up to a month or so, but when I re-use it, it work just fine. Sometimes, it's better to take a break when you're already fuming due to continues failing to troubleshoot the issue. Take a break, and take time to re-think, usually you'll be able to solve it with cool head and clear mind.

7. GS.Kanmuru

GS.Kanmuru Member

Yes sir, maybe need that. Just wanted the limited events. Thanks for the concern :>

One off topic matter guys, any of you tried the desmume with jit? Does cheats work on yours?

8. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

was this Pokemon given away in US or EU ?

9. Prectorian

I've tried the DeSmuMe JIT version before, but I can't comment about cheats, since I never use cheats to play NDS games.

No. At a glance they do look similar since they all have same ability and skills, but if you look closely; different level, location, and different owner (OT). The 099 (J) is same with the 127 (J); both are not the same with the 099 (U), which is only for BW2 (E/U). The 099 (J) and the 127 (J) does have some differences, aside from the owner (OT) and location; that is the 099 (J) is only for BW2. The 127 (J) on the other hand can be use on both BW 1 and BW 2 (J), to trigger in-game events in both game versions. I don't need to tell you where the in-game event location is, do I? It's quite obvious where it is.

[quote author=099 Plasma Genesect BW2 (J)]
    Title: ゲノセクト プレゼント
    ID: 99
    Date: 8/11/2012
    Type: Pokémon
    -----------
    PID: 0
    Species: Genesect
    Nickname: Genesect
    Held item: None
    Ability: Download
    Ball: Cherish Ball
    Attack 1: Techno Blast
    Attack 2: Magnet Bomb
    Attack 3: SolarBeam
    Attack 4: Signal Beam

OT: プラズマ\FFFF\FFFF\FFFF\FFFF
    ID: 8112 0
    Ribbons: Classic Ribbon[/quote]

[quote author=099 Mythical Techno Blast Plasma Genesect (U)]
    Title: The Mythical Pokémon Genesect!
    ID: 99
    Date: 10/8/2012
    -----------

OT: Plasma\FFFF\FFFF
    ID: 10072 0

[quote author=127 Pokémon Center's P2 Lab Genesect (J)]
    Title: ゲノセクト プレゼント
    ID: 127
    Date: 1/11/2013
    Used: No
    -----------

OT: P2ラボ\FFFF\FFFF\FFFF\FFFF
    ID: 1113 0

10. GS.Kanmuru

GS.Kanmuru Member

Just made it worked again using desmume 0.9.9 wifi. I know now the problem when I'm using older versions, I'm having errors loading the firmware images(biosnds9.bin etc) thats why it fails to load config and doesn't create a firmware.dfc itself. Maybe there's a problem within my pc not to make it load properly using older versions. But when I did it on the v0.9.9, it loaded and works properly. Maybe I can recommend for you guys who cant make it work on loading the 'save config' issue, try to use newer versions of desmume wifi particularly v0.9.9 then perform the methods again. For quick link, mr.trowabar03 has posted a mirror of that new desmume on the top(sorry tardy) but that doesn't have the firmware bios, just get it also differently given on the first page and the firmware.dfc replacers. Just load the images, if it works (means 'save config - done') but encounter error 52000, just put the replacers on the Battery folder where it's now located.

The only problem now is that that new desmume version doesn't perform cheat codes, even non-wifi types. I'm wondering if its just my pc again or the emulator itself is the problem coz no one answered my question at my previous post regarding cheats not working xD

11. Prectorian

@GS.Kanmuru,

For cheat codes, are you using AR codes; you know the hex-binary strings containing A-F and 0-9, or are you using usrcheat.dat?
    You can't use the later. Must use AR (action replay) codes. Make sure to have the cheats fully input, don't miss a single digit. Also make sure to have the 'turn on cheats' ticked, and give description. And use the correct one for the correct region and version. Might also need you to re-load the rom before playing it.

That's about as far as I can advice. If you want to know more about activating cheats on emulators, ask Jhon 591 or Xenirina.

12. GS.Kanmuru

GS.Kanmuru Member

I know these stuffs too sir but it just wont. Cant seem to find any topics regarding to this version's changelogs, features and bugs that's why I'm trying to ask. Hmm but I'm happy that I'm connected again, gotta get an arceus doll :>

13. Prectorian

Oh!....Ok. Well then, hope you get it resolved soon.

14. GS.Kanmuru

GS.Kanmuru Member

Aye sir! Thanks for the help again! :D
    Btw, I'm not a total haxor, just using some tolerable adventure codes such as infinite pp and no wild encounter for fast journey because imbalanced codes is not fun xD

15. Prectorian

If that's the case, might as well use POKEGEN program, load the save file, then edit the item box so that you have as many number of 'max PP' and 'max repel' items as you want. Choose SAVE, do not press SAVE AS.

16. GS.Kanmuru

GS.Kanmuru Member

I'm more fond using codes than GEN that is why. LoL :>

17. Prectorian

Well, yeah...just suggesting. Good luck then.

Info:

For those of you who had participated in the VGC Winter Tournament 2012, go grab your rewards;

[​IMG]

18. TheBouncyPig

TheBouncyPig New Member

Thanks for the Help! Tried using that new Desmume Wifi but i can't tick the Infrastructure.
    Will download the firmware.dfc and the Wifi Pack on the first page again.

19. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

just one more question, can we obtain this genesect ,through ways like wifi download or mystery gift ?

i serebii i saw that this was being only given away at Japan and not US/EU ?

20. Prectorian

Thus means, your internet setup is one that don't make use of the infrastructure. You might want to try setting it up using the wireless (must have wireless router) method (ad hoc) by John 3 (see youtube video). But I can't assist you on the method. Also if you post for help request here, I won't be answering it since as I said I can't help (it's not because I don't want to). My tutorial is just for those able to use infrastructure. If after trying it out, that still don't work, then you're out of luck.

As you know;
    1. events are distributed per region
    2. some events are held locally (as in, at certain physical location to commemorate certain event/festival/anniversary)
    3. some events are held world wide

For no.2, of cause you need to be physically at the location at the destinated time. For example, the Pika Pika Carnival Isetan Pikachu distribution event, it was held in Isetan department store, in Orchard Road - Singapore. If you're not there, then you don't get it.

For no.3, just use the appropriate rom according to the region that is at that moment holding the worldwide WIFI event, using the DeSmuMe WIFI feature. It'll be there as you'd normally would acquire. The same goes for those events held in the PGL Dream World events, you'll need to sign up to the respective region pokemon page, register your GAME SYNC ID from the appropriate region game, do what you always do when playing the English version.

So....to respond to your above question, that P2 Lab Genesect was distributed locally in Pokémon Centers around Japan to promote Movie 15th airing. If you're not at the location, you won't get it. Not even using the JPN region rom via DeSmuMe will trigger the event download.

Just use that wondercard, I always posted. It's legally acquired by members that went to the events. Inject it using Pokegen, and you'll get the pokemon from the mail man that will be waiting for you at door inside the pokecenter. I never had problem triggering events in USA/EUR region game using the JPN region wondercards. I can even send that pokemon to PGL. If you want to know a pokemon is legally acquired or not, simple, just try sending it to sleep via GAME SYNC, if you can't choose it to send to PGL Dream World, then it's illegal as in fake or AR generated pokemon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.