1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

As the Pokemon Conquest download were closing on Monday i downloaded all those events but i cant find it an where , then how do i access it ?
    [​IMG]

serebii:
    For those of you with Pokémon Conquest, the WiFi Episode downloads are due to end on Monday. Four of these downloads provide special episodes featuring a variety of warlords as they go through their own specific narrative. One of the downloads allows you to recruit Motonari and Motochika to your party in the main story and the final one allows you to get the legendary Pokémon, Reshiram. These downloads will not likely return so be sure to download them while you still can

2. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

After you get these downloads and after you defeat Motonari and Motochika, they can be recruited...
    Motonari and Motochika will join you by themselves ONLY in the main story (not in post game).

For the others you have to finish the game i think, after that you can play as any Warlord of all kingdoms....im not sure if ALL of them are playable right away....

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You're correct. Once all events are downloaded, it doesn't matter even if the official distribution event ended. You'll still get to do them once you fulfill the story line up to certain stages that would trigger those events.

How can you not find it anywhere? Did you play the game? If you did, the first event to get triggered is the Motonari and Motochika battle. One is the water nation, the other is the grass nation. Forgot which is which, but you get to battle those 2 nations after dealing with the fire nation. And as Dark Infernape said, those 2 guys will join you on their own free will without needing to recruit them manually like in the case with the other AI recruitable defeated warlords.

WISHING EVERYONE

[​IMG]

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013
    35 Days to The End of The Dragon Year

4. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

thanks
    i got it i thought it would come as different chapters in the main menu any way got thanks :D

5. Prectorian

Just to add to the above;
    During battles, if you want to target an AI to later become recruitable afterwards at the end of winning that particular duel. Make sure to beat it in as minimum number of turn. It's indicated at the start of the fight on how to qualify to make it recruitable.

6. Sorry if this isn't 100% related to the topic, but I hope that you guys might help me... I did a stupid thing... I tucked in a Pokemon in Dream World, then I have loaded a save state prior to the moment that I've tucked the Pokemon in Dream World and my Pokemon was still in my party.
    I played a bit on Dream World, then when I left I clicked the option to wake up my Pokemon and when I use Game Sync to retrieve my Pokemon it displays that message to wait one day, not to change the DS... and I've been waiting for 3 days and still I get that message. Is there anything I could do?

7. Prectorian

Well, first off, yes....changing or editing of the save file will cause you to wait 24 hours from the time you get the message 'game sync run dry take a day to charge'.

For your case, which I should tell you these are just suggestions;

1. If you still have save file A (which contain that pokemon X) and save file B (where the pokemon x been sent to PDW)
    Try to remove save file A from the battery folder, and replace it with B. Load the save file and proceed to wake up the
    pokemon X. You will encounter the '...dry need 1 day to charge' info again, so wait 24 hours before trying it again.

2. If you had overwritten or deleted save file B, try doing this.....
    a. download a program called POKEGEN (make sure to update the program after downloading it so that you have the latest)
    b. download an offline save file convertor for DS save files or use an online version is ok too (Google to get both programs a & b)

c. Now, duplicate that save file you had in the battery folder, which is save file A obviously, just for back up purpose.
    d. Next, use one of the file (either the original A or backed up A* file), convert it from DeSmuMe type to R4 type.
    e. Load the converted save file to POKEGEN
    f. Here you may choose to delete that pokemon X.pkm or export it somewhere before deleting the one in pokebox in the save file.
    (your choice; if you export it, you can always import it back later on to whatever save file you want)
    g. After removing pokemon X from that save file A, choose SAVE (do not press SAVE AS)
    h. Convert back the save file from R4 type to DeSmuMe type (flash 512kb)
    I. Now run the save file on DeSmuMe, and proceed to wake up pokemon again, of cause you'll suffer the 'run battery dry'
    thus have to wait 24 hours from the time you see the error. So wait till 24 hours, try again.

Either one of the above method should solve your problem. But do make sure to back up your save file, your GAME SYNC ID in that
    save file is irreplaceable....lose it and you won't be able to use new save file to your existing PGL account to play in the DW any more since the ID will be different.

8. OK, thanks a lot for your reply. I have followed your steps and I shall wait 24h. Just out of curiosity... why was the conversion to R4 necessary? I thought that Pokegen supported .dsv files.

9. Prectorian

Hmm....seems like I'd forgotten that Pokegen does support .dsv save files. :p
    Anyway, cross fingers it'll be resolved.

10. pingumania

pingumania New Member

Can someone explain to me how i can trade with my friend (also using desmume, black and white 2), we are using the middle booth.
    Both of us can get in without errors also we can see each other, when i talk to him to trade desmume tries to connect but thats it. We waited like 20 minutes but still 'connection is established'.
    The GTS works perfect for us.
    Any Solution?

11. Thanks prectorian, it worked!

12. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

@ pingumania
    when you see your friend only one of you should talk with the other and invite him to trade , in this way it would become easier .
    i had the same problem but when i did a i said earlier it worked well.

13. trowabar03

trowabar03 Member

Hey guys, just posting to let you know I finally got around the error code 20100 issue I was having by finding an updated version of desmume wifi that's newer than what's in the OP of this thread. Got it from another forum:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jqqp1gdnbsib50g

It's just the desmume exe files, (32 and 64-bit included) so I basically configured it from scratch following the procedure in the first post. For some reason it only worked with one of the firmware.dfc files that was posted here (forgot if it was option 1 or 2), and I currently have WinPcap 4.1.1 installed from previous attempts, so I dunno if it will work with 4.1.2, but I don't see why not. Got through the GTS, got a Game Sync ID, even managed to play a random online opponent. So yeah, hope this helps out anybody else who was having the error 20100 issue (or any other issue hopefully). Gonna see if I can add a friend and play against them later. Many thanks again for all the help here guys!

14. TBreaker

TBreaker Well-Known Member

trowabar03
    How do you get it work?
    I haven't any problems with DeSmuME 3947.
    But this version don't work for me. I tried both firmware.dfc files and both versions of WinPcap.

15. trowabar03

trowabar03 Member

Which error are you getting? One thing I forgot to mention, the firmware.dfc file now goes in the Battery folder with the .dsv files, not in the main folder with the desmume.exe file like with desmume 3947. Maybe that might be the cause, I didn't realise either initially until I happened to look in the Battery folder and see it created in there. Also, I'm running Windows 7 32-bit, dunno if that helps.

16. TBreaker

TBreaker Well-Known Member

Oh... i hadn't placed firmware.dfc into the battery folder, that was my failure...
    Thanks for your help and for sharing this!
    Now it's working :)
    The connection seems to be more stable than in 3947, but i don't have the time to test it now...

17. Prectorian

@TBreaker & Trowabar03,

Good to know you guys found a newer version that both of you had proven to work well. I haven't been following the new updates. Been too busy with other stuff. I'll give it a try later on.

18. trowabar03

trowabar03 Member

So I managed to get a friend of mine setup and successfully connected online too with the same new version I'm using (he's using the 64-bit version though). We both have a copy of Pokemon Black 1 and added each other's friend codes then went to the Wifi Club in the pokemon centre. We see each other in the room and can send battle/trade requests, but then the screen sits on the message saying "Communicating. Please stand by..." for seemingly forever before we decide to disconnect.

We can both do random battles online against other people just fine (and I went far enough to do a Game Sync and such successfully), but for some reason the game seems to react differently when connecting people in the wifi club. I did a brief search around on the issue and what I found so far was that it could be a router issue on either end. We both have our PCs connected by a cable to a wifi router which then connects to a modem, and we use the same internet provider. We tried putting both our PCs in a DMZ so all the ports should be forwarded to them, but still no luck there. Any other suggestions that we could try?

19. Prectorian

Sorry, I'm out of ideas. Maybe someone else could share their experience with you.

You're welcome.

20. biwot

biwot Member

Hello there.

First off, i would like to congratulate you Prectorian on the best guide ive probably read in years. That and your ability to follow through with further questions is definitely not common around the webs.

I have the same issue others are having in regards to the WIFI Club issues. I am connecting my emulator with my 3DS through Wifi Club. The whole process is successful, right up until stopping communication. I know the more common response to this is that its all about my internet connection, but i know that is not the case. I have a steady 25mb DL/4mb UL connection. But yet, i fall under the same issue as the rest.

Now, something i noticed is the following. The emulator slows down considerably when the game is saving. It takes about a minute to do a game save. Now, what i was noticing is that when the game is "Stopping Communication...", the small clock dial that turns as you wait goes by slower than that on my 3DS. My assumption is that the connection times out while trying to save the game after the trade is complete.

I've tried several different fixes and none of them seem to be fixing it. Some times, the game saves are quick, sometimes they arent.

Im almost positive this is the source of the issue. The only thing i see that would indicate it being an internet issue is the fact that the Wifi meter has 2 bars (while connecting) instead of a full 3. Being that it shows green, and does everything else extremely quickly, i dont think this should be an issue.

Has anyone been able to fix the slow saving? I believe this could be the source of the issues for wifi club.
    Post Merge: [time]1357770787[/time]
    After several attempts and several different options of improving speed, i stil havent found a fix. But i can almost guarantee that it is not internet related, but rather stemming from Gave Saving. That is basically what happens at the end of the connection. Internet was running exceptionally smooth through everything, cept for that. I even had a battle with myself. When its in the "Stopping Communication" screen, the music starts chopping, the dial slows down, and it eventually crashes. Thats exactly what happens when i try to save my game.

Ive been trying to pass over the starter pokemon i am missing from my White 2 over from the emulated Black 2. First thing i tried to do was battle myself so that i could at least get pokedex discovery credit, so i can go and search for it on the GTS (since you cant search for a pokemon without having seen it first). Then i proceeded to keep trying to trade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.