1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

they will not have the same private IP, because the router won't allow it. They will have the same public IP, and there's nothing that can be done about that unless you have multiple public IP addresses from your ISP and a router that supports one-to-one NAT.

Using static IP addressing will not change anything and is likely to cause other problems.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I know it's a long shot, but some did claimed doing so helps. In any case, you're right it could cause other issues to arise.That's why I said I don't think I can help much if the issue is conflicting IP between 2 computers running the emulators at the same time. :D

3. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

i dont know but a few days ago in PGL a scizor was being offered , did anyone get it ?

4. Prectorian

You have to join the PGL Tournament to get it, Neon. If not then, you won't get the chance to receive it.
    Also, after joining the event, which is in USA, you'll only get to acquire the Scizor after Dec. 20th. It's still too early to
    start scouting for it. However, you might want to read this;

[quote author=Pokemon.com]There are now even more reasons to start playing in your local Pokémon League—cool Pokémon!

Participate in Pokémon League events to get special access to awesome Pokémon in the Pokémon Global Link! Right now, if you play at a Pokémon League event during the ongoing Aspertia Gym Season, you'll qualify to get a tough Scizor with a great set of moves, including Steel Wing and Pursuit. Then, between December 20, 2012, and February 21, 2013, visit the Pokémon Global Link to get Scizor. Be sure to visit during later seasons for more tough Pokémon!

All you need is a Pokémon Trainer Club account and a copy of Pokémon Black Version 2, Pokémon White Version 2, Pokémon Black Version, or Pokémon White Version registered at the Pokémon Global Link. You'll also need a Player ID assigned to your Pokémon Trainer Club account. If you don't have a Player ID, you can get one when you attend your first Pokémon League event.

Play in a Pokémon League event to get a cool Pokémon!
    [/quote]

Besides waiting for the scizor which as I said will likely be shared after Dec.20th, I'm also scouting for the 3 monkeys distributed in a similar event in JPN. Till then, cross fingers....when I stumble upon them, I'll post notification here as always. :D

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it's not the issue, as I said the router will not allow two machines to have the same address.

6. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

i saw in JAP PGL they are giving away many things:
    1.the 3 monkeys with special moves (heat wave,Hydro pump,Leaf storm)
    2.Altaria (with something special ability or move that stars with sword(i couldnt read what they wrote))
    3.Biance Cgear
    4.Eveee Cgear
    5.Ludicolo musical
    6.Some toys for dream home

7. Prectorian

Yeah I know.

1. The 3 monkeys was distributed, and shared in the form of .PKM. (Nov 9th - Nov 20th)
    2. Altaria was distributed from a password in a magazine/book, it's already shared in the form of .PKM. (Nov 17th)
    3. It's not Bianca's C-Gear, but it's Bianca's PokeDex Skin. The event has not even started yet. (Dec. 4th)
    4. Eevee C-Gear, it's given if you join the 'Eevee Tournament'. I've posted the c-gear in the collection section, thanks to Nigoli. (Nov.9th)
    5. Ludicolo Musical, none shared yet since only a handful knows how to extract it from the save file. (Nov. 21st)
    6. Those dolls are already distributed in the USA*, EU*, and JPN PGL sites for use in the PGL Home. Can't be downloaded to the save file.
    *Except the Meowth, Emonga, and Ducklett dolls.

For no.3 and no.5, don't expect to use them unless you have a certain program. You'll have no choice but to wait until the USA/EU distribution for those 2 events. (I've the program, but there's an issue with the interface, so I'm not sharing it.)

Aside from those, there's going to be a level 15 - Meowth distribution event with 'Sing' ability, due to begin December 7th.

Understood.

Info

For those of you looking for Dream World Distributed Pokemon for Black and White 1, and Pokemon Black and White 2 (event only pokemons, not the ones caught in Dream Island!); you may find them in Reply #35 inside my 'Pokemon Black and White Latest Distribution Event Wonder Cards (JPN)(EU)' topic in the COLLECTION SECTION : .PKM from Pokemon Dream World Event Distribution (JPN)(EU) CLICK HERE.

8. trowabar03

trowabar03 Member

I haven't had a chance to check it since my last post, but thanks for the replies so far guys. This response does make sense, so I guess I might need to get a friend to help instead of testing on the same network. Might try it with B&W as well, hopefully I'll have some time this weekend.

9. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

my bad :)

but
    It's Level 15, holds a Smoke Ball and has the moves Fury Swipes, Sing, Nasty Plot and Snatch & the ability PickUp
    and is to be given from December 7th 2012 to January 10th 2013

source- Serebii

10. Prectorian

I did said that.

11. Zohaibman72

Zohaibman72 New Member

So, hard to explain. I've tried all of the methods you mentioned for Vista/Win7, but it doesn't work. When I attempt to connect to SoftAP, it works during testing, but then it stops at gives me error 52000. I know nothing is blocked, I am running Desmume as admin, I have a LAN-based connection. I have checked over your steps multiple times. I'm not sure whats left to do.

12. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

sorry :(

13. Prectorian

It's ok. Those 3 monkeys, Gothorita, and Altaria, you've been looking for had been posted in the .PKM post I made in my Wondercard topic. I've checked their legality, all good. It's not in the form of wondercard since it's PGL distributed not a mystery gift. See the link above.

Bianca's Pokedex Skin for BW 2 been distributed, I've got the file from Nigoli, but I'm not sure if I should post it since most likely few will be able to use it without a certain program to inject it into the save file.

Make sure you know which to use; the x32/x86bit or the x64bit.

14. trowabar03

trowabar03 Member

Alright, so I got a chance to try it with Black. Going through the Random Battle and Global Trade System options with the attendant on the right in the Pokemon Centre, it reaches the screen saying it will try to connect to Nintendo Wifi Connection, and after trying for a few seconds it comes back with error code 20100. Already tried the static IP/DNS idea as well waiting 24 hours after first trying to connect again with no success. I've also only been able to do the connection test successfully with the firmware files that were linked to in the opening post, since using the default firmware.dfc that's created gave me error code 50000. Any other suggestions?

15. Prectorian

If you had did the test connection and resulted to 'connection test : successful', then the setup had been done correctly. Then after creating the 'GAME SYNC ID' via the 'GAME SYNC' menu, you'll have to wait 24 hours. Sometimes, the connection can get cut off, as long as it doesn't show any error, just try again. Normally it's just because it's not connecting in a timely manner. If you see an error code then it's usually due to the DeSmuMe-WinPcap fail to connect via the internet setup due to something in you settings. You could try changing from WinPcap 4.1.2 to 4.1.1. Some people had claim to have trouble getting the 4.1.2 running on WIN7, which is quite unusual case. Do use patched pokemon black white 1 or black white 2, there's AP protection embedded in the GAME SYNC feature in the clean rom.

Info:

Official WI-FI VGCS Winter Battle PGL Competition

[​IMG]

VGCS Winter Battle 2012 Information : CLICK HERE

[quote author= Serebii.net]
    A press release has come out and has confirmed some details for the upcoming Video Game Championships in Vancouver next year. It has been revealed that entry in the WiFi Competitions will earn you Champion Points. This begins with the Winter Battle WiFi tournament that goes live on December 13th through December 17th with registration beginning at 00:00 UTC tonight, 7pm EST, 4pm PST. The Winter Battles have 50,000 spaces, seperated into Juniors (Born 1998 or Later) and Masters (Born 1997 and earlier) and it is a Double Battle with the usual bans of Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Chatot, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect. and the Item Soul Dew. Entrants in the Winter Battle will receive the Custap Berry and the top 128 North American and top 128 European players will earn the Championship Points while the Top 16 North American Players will receive a "bye" for the Video Game Championships, European seperation of the top trainers has yet to be determined

The signups are as follows:
    Wi-Fi Event: 2012 VGCS Winter Battle (December 13th-17th, 2012)
    Live Event: 2013 Pokémon Winter Regional Championships, North America (January 20th, 2013)
    Wi-Fi Event: 2013 Pokémon International Challenge January (January 24th-28th, 2013)
    Wi-Fi Event: 2013 Pokémon International Challenge March (March 21st-25th, 2013)
    Live Event: 2013 Pokémon Spring Regional Championships, North America (April 14th, 2013)
    Wi-Fi Event: 2013 Pokémon International Challenge April (April 18th-21st, 2013)
    Wi-Fi Event: 2013 Pokémon International Challenge June (June 20th-24th, 2013)
    Live Event: 2013 Pokémon U.S. National Championships, Indianapolis, Indiana (July 5th-7th, 2013)

European live qualifiers to be announced soon.
    [/quote]

Update:

Deoxys and Darkrai Pokemon Dream World Home Decor Dolls Distribution

[​IMG]

Update:

Team Rocket's Meowth Wondercard Distribution for Pokemon Black and White 2 (J)

[​IMG]

Download Link: Pokemon Black and White Wondercard Event Distribution (JPN)(EU)

16. knickstape617

knickstape617 New Member

Having a little issue. I've successfully used Desmume on wifi in both the Wifi-Club and on the GTS on my Black 2. I am on a Mac so I am using Virtual Box.

Now here is the issue. I wanted to get some legit Team Rocket Meowths, so I got a Japanese version of White 2. I got the Meowth but when I went to trade with the same guy I traded with last time, I now get a "failed to respond" error when we attempt to communicate in the Wifi Club. One time we did actually get to initiate trade last night but then we go a message saying we "Lost connection to the other player".

Is this because of the Japanese game or is there something else wrong? I know international trade is supported so I doubt it's the game. Thanks in advance for the help

17. Prectorian

It's probably just a hickup of untimely connection. If before it works well, it should still work properly after as long as you didn't alter the setups. Just keep retrying. The untimely connection could be from your side or from the other guy's side. Same case when using console, it all depends on the internet connection bridging the communication. Try to disconnect your internet connection and or virtual box, wait few seconds, and re-establish it, again if it had been proven working fine, it should work just fine afterwards. Remember, again it may be the issue on your side, or the other's side. It's not always a one sided problem.

And no, it's not because you're using JPN rom while he on other region rom. The issue is not that, all game regions can communicate with each other just fine.

UPDATE

PokeDex Skins for Pokemon Black and White 1 and Pokemon Black and White 2

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Download Link: Pokemon Black and White C-Gear Latest Distribution Event (JPN)(EU)

Note:
    You'll need to use PokeStock2 v.3.7 or higher to add these PokeDex skins into your save file, also can use to add C-Gear Skins too. Since the program is still in full Japanese, some computers will not be immediately able to show the Japanese Unicode text, you'll need to set the Language and Region under Control Panel to Change the System Locale to Japanese. For those using emulators, in some cases you'll experience this message when first loading the rom; 'PokeDex Skin Removed' or something sounding within that meaning. What it means? Well it's straight forward in meaning, go figure. Those running the save file on console will not experience the said problem.

Don't ask me how to use the program, just because it's entirely in Japanese. Figure it out yourself, like I had too, through trial and error, eventually I understood by using logic what each buttons are for. You should do the same, not difficult. Sorry.....

18. illenvillen

illenvillen New Member

HAven't seen this anywhere but is it possible to connect 2 Desmume's using this method?

19. Prectorian

I don't think I've seen it either. :-X

20. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

today when i was trying to connect to dreamworld this message came and im not able to access any internet connection in DeSmuME
    [​IMG]

i remember that yesterday ,

i checked "boot from firmware" and CTRL +R and tried to change my name int it but it didnt change (i didnt go to dreamworld yesterday) .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.