1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

how do we trade/battle/link trade with people after registering each other ?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

If you are on VM, don't ask me. PM John3, I never use VM tunneling program...have no need or use of it. In any case, 20100 or whatever error code you see is related to internet connection setup issue, could be it need static IP assigned to it. Again not sure, since I never use VM on my computers. As for Acekard? Now I don't think asking about it here is appropriate, nor do I have an Acekard. But if you mean that you had used a save file converted for use on DeSmuMe after playing it on the console/flash cart, yes, you need to wait another 24 hours because any form of editting to the save file either from using POKEGEN,POKESAV, or save file convertor, will result to having you wait 24 hours after purposefully doing the WFC connection to get the 'battery run dry for 1 day' info. Again, VM related issues, ask John3 via PM, not me. My topic is on LAN connection method, I did allow the link to VM method posted on page 1, just so everyone know that there's been claims that it work through that method, but doesn't mean that I have test it myself nor do I cover it in my topic. So, either John3 or check your internet setup thoroughly.

Try the Poke Center's booth maybe....? You can't use IR connection or the Entre-Bridge, that's for sure. That leaves you with the Poke Center's booth (the 3 booths you see inside the Poke Center), normally on 2nd floor...in some cases, in the basement.

3. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

what i meant was how do we trade or battle with others , like if you want a pokemon and i have it then how do i trade it with you ?

4. Prectorian

Did you try talking to the female character at the right side of the booth? You will be ask to deposit/put up 1-3 pokemon for offer in the GTS. Then you go in and do a trade dealing with other members. For battle you go to the booth for Random Matchup. Why don't you do a trial and error about which booth to go to, or try find out via Google. I've not played BW 2 further than route 1, and not even completed BW 1 either. I've been busy working on making my own version of pokemon game from scratch which isn't a deviation from any rom, totally ground up production. Sorry.

5. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

O_O Absolutely waiting to see that game.When is the ETA?

6. Prectorian

Can't say, still too pre-mature to estimate it.

7. Okiesmokie

Okiesmokie New Member

Has anyone had any success with battling/trading with other people using emulators in the WFC? (Using friend codes)

I'm able to battle/trade with people who are playing on a DS, but when I attempt to do it with other people who are on emulators, it always drops the connection. (And I get a lot of nuked packets in the debug window)

8. Prectorian

That "....nuked packet......" means there is an exchange of information....either uploading data or downloading data. If you don't see it....then PANIC SHIT IT'S NOT WORKING!!!! if you see several lines of it, then.....RELAX IT'S WORKING GREAT !!!!

If connection kept dropping, blame it on your internet connection for being untimely causing a timeout.

9. Okiesmokie

Okiesmokie New Member

That's... not what nuked packet means >_< It means it dropped the packet because it doesn't understand it. Like I said, I am able to play fine with people who are playing on the DS, and so is the other person. I'm also able to use Random Battle and the GTS. But when we play together it drops when trying to initiate the trade/battle.

Is anyone currently running BW2 on an emulator and want to test if we're able to connect together?

10. ReniaAlcarin

ReniaAlcarin New Member

Hihi, so I am running the DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 r3947 x64 WIFI v.4.1.2 and was having some trouble with getting the error 20103 to go away. Basically it will connect perfectly until the last 2 secs then disconnect completely. Idk what to do about that since I have tried all the solutions on the first page (actually I had more problems but they were fixed :D ) I really don't know what to do since my Bf and I are trying to play some DragonQuest

11. Prectorian

I assume you're trying to play DQ9 ?
    Your issue could be due to conflicting IP address especially if both connected via same router. Make sure to use LAN Cable connection. Assign individual Static IP if both using same internet, check also internet setup. If you could identify your internet setup issue, it should work. I can't help further. All needed to know been listed on page 1.

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

DHCP is designed to avoid address conflicts, it is not recommended to switch to static unless you know what you are doing.

13. Prectorian

Yeah....or try this;
    Go to the game's main menu, enter WFC Configuration, input the IP and DNS into it.
    But above all, the issue is still related to your internet not the DeSmuMe itself, it's blocking the connection
    on condition you had been using LAN CABLE to perform this, if otherwise, I can't help give suggestions.

14. chee1996

chee1996 New Member

I follow the steps (except the optional one) and get error 20104. Use the first optional firmware and got error 52000. Use the second firmware and get error 52100. Any suggestion on what should i do?

15. Prectorian

UPDATE

Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza Dolls for Pokemon Dream World Home Decor

[​IMG]

16. kanjiruminamoto

kanjiruminamoto New Member

Hello new here but been using these emulator a long time ago, but have to reinstall a new OS
    so I am downloading new emulators.
    I am having problems with the emulators
    been following every steps given in page 1 but I still cannot establish connection on wi-fi
    I have windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
    Ram 3g
    then broadband/wired connection
    at first I have Error Code 52001
    and 52000
    then this error Code 20100
    at first the emulator connects to softap
    but then after a few minutes connection successful but the emulator output says
    Softap disconnected!
    tried all my best to solve the problems but I think that's that T^T
    I even tried disabling Firewall or my Anti virus for a while but no luck
    O BTW am playing Pokemon White

17. Prectorian

No need to disable firewall or even the antivirus, all you need to do is give the program (DeSmuMe and WinPcap) exception.
    New emulators? Now this part I wonder....if it's not SVN 3947 v.0.9.7 DeSmuMe, it'll likely not work. Anyway, have you made sure that you download x32/x86 bit version since your computer is running it. You also must check the Network Connection is really connected via Local Area Connection, and not more than 1 computer is connected at the same time to the router/modem. What you are experiencing, since we are talking about emulator in this case, whatever error code that shows up is due to your internet connection setup, it's not allowing WinPcap to make successful connection in a timely manner. One last resort is to try input the IP address into the WFC setting manually.

18. edlolington

edlolington New Member

First of all thank you, prectorian for this great tutorial.

Secondly I'd like to offer some advice for people with the 20100 error.
    If your connection test is successful but you get the 20100 error whenever you try to connect to nintendo WFC check to see which version of desmume you are using.

I was using the x86 version on an x64 operating system which was causing this error for me. I had downloaded the right package but there are two executables in it and I was using the wrong one. Make sure if you are on x64 the name of the executable you are using to run desmume is

DeSmuME_v.0.9.7_x64_release_wifi

Hopefully that will help some people because I read some posts that seemed to have the same problem as I did and this fixed the problem for me completely.

19. Xueiruk

Xueiruk New Member

Okay first, thank you so much. It works... well it did, when I had windows 7. You see my friend brought and upgraded my os to windows 8 today. Haven't been able to get it to work since. I think it could be WinPCap since I get errors saying its not compatible when installing. Other than that I've did everything to the tut. Help?

20. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

either revert to windows 7 or wait for a version of winpcap that is compatible with windows 8. That's the penalty for being an early adopter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.