1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

hahahaha ;D very nicely point out ;)

2. phlim2

phlim2 New Member

I've just downloaded Pokemon Black 2 and both 0.9.7 SVN and 0.9.9 SVN (both WiFi versions).
    When heading to the WiFi connection, I find that SoftAP is automatically there.

I've tried following all the instructions in the tutorial. Adding both WinPCap and DeSmuME as exceptions to the firewall doesn't seem to do anything. I'm getting the 52100 "Unable to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection" error.
    I then disabled Windows Firewall, and this seems to be the only thing which allows it to work.

Is there anything that I may have missed?

EDIT: As it turns out, the problem seems to only be affecting 0.9.9 (svn4407 x64-JIT)

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

v.0.9.9 cannot be use for WIFI emulation. It won't work for that purpose.
    Base on Masih89 account, he did say he tried and successfully made connection between 2 DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 by having the 2 emulators using 2 different firmware.dfc. You can use DeSmuMe 'A' using your own firmware.dfc, while the other one, you may use the one provided on page 1.

@Jhon,
    Yes, very necessary to make that notice cause so many newbies lately been posting so little info asking for help which is making us difficult to help when we want to be helpful.

4. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

HALP! CAN'T GET IT WARKING!!!!!!!

xD ;)

5. Jhon 591

I CAN'T GET IT WORKING TO HELPPP ME!!!!!!

!LOL ;)

6. Prectorian

@Max and Jhon,

Very Funny..... ;)

7. Jhon 591

Ok I'll call it a day ;) xd.

8. MIKool

MIKool New Member

Hello everyone,

first of all, thanks for the great tutorial.

Well, my friend and I have been through many errors and managed to pass through all of them. But the last thing we can't do is connect to each other to trade or battle. Sometimes we get error 60420(something like that) or just "Your connection has been lost". Any ideas on how to manage to connect to each other?

P.S. We are using Skype, is that a problem?
    P.S.2 I am using Windows 7, and he is using Windows XP on a VM, because that's the only way for him to connect to WFC. He can't connect through Ethernet.

9. Prectorian

@MIKool,
    Using skype ain't a problem, it's fine.
    What I don't understand is; are the 2 of you in the same room via same router?
    Cause it seems to me, both of you are. One running LAN, the other on Wireless.
    If that's the case then, your friend should try assigning a static IP (different from the one you're using by say...adding 10 to the last 2 digit; eg. 192.168.1.2 becomes 192.168.1.30, or something like that). It could be because if both of you are in same room/using same line/IP, it's not going to work. Make sure both are not using same firmware.dfc, each should generate its own.

The 'your connection been lost' issue is because both of you couldn't establish a timely connection, aka not in syncronize connection thus unstable. Should look into how both of you are connected to the internet network. Try fiddle the network, that's about all I can suggest.

INFO FOR EVERYONE POSTING FOR ASSISTANCE, ESPECIALLY NEWBIES

[​IMG]

NEED HELP? THINK WE ARE PSYHICS? WE ARE NOT !!!

Be informative, specific, and detail about your issues.
    You will get proper help if you post proper request.
    By helping us understand your problem in detail, you are helping yourself get proper assistance.
    We are not standing next to you or able to know what you did wrong if not informed.
    Don't expect us to know if you don't tell.
    Simply saying 'HELP! CAN'T GET IT WORKING!', means nothing to us.
    If you are lazy to make proper post, we are lazy to respond.
    If you make a proper post, we are more than happy to help.
    If you NEWBIES don't like what we have to say?
    Just go away and don't bother posting.

10. MIKool

MIKool New Member

@prectorian

No, we are not in the same room, not even the same village.

Also, I mentioned Skype because it's using some of the internet connection and maybe that's why the connection between my friend and me is unstable. Anyway we'll try to connect while not Voice Chatting in Skype. Thank you for your response, if you -or anyone here- come up with any other ideas on which causes the problem and/or how to fix it then please let me know.

11. SnowyCat

SnowyCat New Member

Hello, got a question, is there also a better way for that? because pokemon white 2 doesnt work on desmumue 0.9.7 :( it loads but its like constant white..or images are missing

on 0.9.8 it works

12. MIKool

MIKool New Member

@prectorian

Well, we finally managed to fix all errors. Also, my friend and I opened some of the ports that Nintendo recommends for it's products, but we still can't establish a connection, we always get a "Failed to respond" message and rarely a "Connection to other person lost"(something like that), but mostly "Failed to respond", no more error messages. Any ideas on "finally establishing" a stable connection would be appreciate, thanks.

13. Prectorian

I think the VM used by your friend might be the problem that causes unstable connection with you. If only he could try connecting his XP to LAN cable instead on using tunneling program which eats up his RAM when in use. But I am unsure about what to suggest further since I am not tech savvy enough when it comes to networks.

14. MIKool

MIKool New Member

@prectorian

Well, thanks a lot for your answers, we didn't managed to connect yet, but I'm sure we'll find a way soon.

15. jay6868566

jay6868566 Active Member

16. V1ct0r1us

V1ct0r1us New Member

Is there any way to get Black and White 2 to work on 0.9.7 without lagging terribly? It works fine on 0.9.8, but then I can't have wifi. Thanks.

17. Prectorian

Yes, get a better computer spec. Emulator's ability and smoothness depend entirely on how good the computer spec it runs on. Other way to ease it a bit is to disable sound, disable any background programs that might also be using the computer's RAM.

18. V1ct0r1us

V1ct0r1us New Member

I sincerely doubt it's my computer specs. I got it to work fine with a Japanese version, however. Now if I can just fix the 20104 problem for wifi. Neither of the .dfc files have worked for me, but I did manage to get it to work with the prior version that was laggy.

19. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

Hi this seems to work for me, but I have one problem when trying to get on Global Link for Pokemon Black 2. It tells me that it needs to recharge for a day, when I have never even tucked in a Pokemon yet.

20. Prectorian

You were talking about it lagging not unable to connect on v.0.9.7 in your previous post. Anyway, whatever error code you see on screen when trying to connect is due to your internet setting/security blockage. You could try assigning the IP in emulator's WFC setting to match IP in computer. Make sure to use proper version x32/x64 depending on computer OS.

It's normal, once you got it working and did the setting up to link to PGL website, it will consider that as already using the feature for 1 day. You get only 1x to upload a pokemon to PGL (send to sleep) and 1x to download a pokemon from PGL (wake it up) on a course of 24 hours (realtime). So basically, just wait 24 hours since the first time you saw that info, it should work after that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.