1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RetroGamer22

RetroGamer22 Member

Still getting Error 20100 myself. At the risk of sounding like a noob, how does one check if their internet connection is home or public/work on Windows XP? Google just tells me to delete my existing connection and make a new one.

2. ss4adib

ss4adib New Member

Hey man that was just a figure of speech ;) However Im still getting the f****** 52200 error after a WHOLE day of trying different things but it still doesn't work. Could you sip me up your DeSmuME WIFI folder and give me a PM with the baby steps again? I know I'm doing everything right but still why don't it work?

3. Ehnoah

Ehnoah Member

On Desmume 0.9.8 / 0.9.9 Black 2 works without Lag or FPS drops, but on 0.9.7 not. But if I switch between 0.9.7 and 0.9.9 it says "do not switch DS and wait a day" For Dreamworld.

Any tips how to fix? 0.9.9 and 0.9.7 use same Firmware

4. addadd232

addadd232 New Member

I have a question. Can I have two desmume emulators open on the same computer, and initiate a trade between them? Also, if you can how would you do this?

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Did you install any tunneling program such as HAMACHI? Need to disable it if you did.
    Try deleting the firmware.dfc, and doing the troubleshooter. Maybe it might help.
    The DeSmuMe that I use is the one that I gave in the link in page 1.
    Could be just your computer security is blocking it, do re-check. Sometime a reset could fix it.

No, I don't think so since DeSmuMe doesn't support linking like Visualboy for Gameboy did. But theoretically speaking, its possible to connect two computer over router but both given different static IP, and using 2 different save file (not duplicated save files).

Error 20100, caused by internet connection and/or system security blocking it, check admin exception and check network connection setting.
    All else should have been correctly setup if you already got test connection successful.

@ Ehnoah,
    Same question in PM from you, responded via PM as well.

You just need to go to START - CONTROL PANEL - NETWORK AND INTERNET - NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER. There you should see your LOCAL AREA CONNECTION type, and can change it from there.

6. Masih89

Masih89 Member

Yes, use different firmware, DFC file

7. axtonyew

axtonyew New Member

I need some help!
    I downloaded the DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 r3947 x64 WIFI with WinPcap v.4.1.2 and followed the steps as shown in the first page.
    However, my Pokemon Black 2 is showing Error code 20104 and I tried the firmware.dfc options 1 & 2.
    My computer is an XP, wired and I believe I went through everything quite clearly, missing nothing out.

8. Prectorian

You should use pre-patched rom.
    As for that error, its related to your internet setting, not related to the setup of the DeSmuMe as listed on page 1.
    So you should check your internet setup/setting. XP users shouldn't have encounter any problem if properly follow the method on page 1
    and is using LAN Broadband Cable (telephone line - modem router - lan cable - pc/laptop), and make sure you're the only one on computer using the connection.

9. Trollz

Trollz New Member

Now i get error 20104 and the solutions of first post wont work.

10. RetroGamer22

RetroGamer22 Member

That's what the websites tell me to do if I have Windows Vista/7. I've looked and Windows XP doesn't have the option to change the type so simply it seems. Unless I'm missing something really obvious.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Windows XP does not differentiate between the types.

12. Prectorian

Right,....forgot its XP we're talking about.
    Again, XP users should have been able to run the emulator properly without any problem.
    Oh...make sure you are using the x32/x86 version not the x64 version.

INFO:

[​IMG]

13. RetroGamer22

RetroGamer22 Member

I made sure I got the right version the first time, so I don't know why it's being so stubborn. I guess it's just not meant to be. Oh well. Thanks for trying to help though.

14. phamchri

phamchri New Member

im having trouble connecting and keep getting error firmware configre save fail. please help

15. Prectorian

Sorry, I'm not going to help with such minimum info. I'm not a psyhic.

Sorry 'bout that, it's strange indeed if all been done accordingly yet still not solve issue.
    Hopefully in time you might figure out what's wrong with your setup.

16. spazmo

spazmo New Member

I've done all the steps correctly and the nintendo wfc finds the access point just fine in the connections menu. The problem comes when it asks me to perform the connection test. It tests for a few minutes and then says it's unable to connect, with error code 20104. I'd really like to get this solved as there are some pokemon I really want to have on my 3ds copy that I can't trade with anyone to get, as no one I know still plays pokemon xD

17. Prectorian

Please provide detail info, about your computer, internet connection, etc. Error 20104 is computer-internet connection related, not emulator related, same goes with Error 5xxxxxx. Make sure you comply to the connection method as stated on page 1 (LAN Cable Broadband connection via router-modem), and using the appropriate version x32 or x64 (depending on computer). Basically all trouble shooter is provided on page 1.

Halloween Pumpkin Pikachu - Litwick C-Gear for Pokemon Black and White 2

[​IMG]

Note:
    No Password Needed.

18. balkikx

balkikx New Member

it says error 50000 no access pt. in range, i had checked all the requirement and follow steps, what to do? need help

19. Prectorian

INFO FOR EVERYONE POSTING FOR ASSISTANCE, ESPECIALLY NEWBIES

[​IMG]

NEED HELP? THINK WE ARE PSYHICS? WE ARE NOT !!!

Be informative, specific, and detail about your issues.
    You will get proper help if you post proper request.
    By helping us understand your problem in detail, you are helping yourself get proper assistance.
    We are not standing next to you or able to know what you did wrong if not informed.
    Don't expect us to know if you don't tell.
    Simply saying 'HELP! CAN'T GET IT WORKING!', means nothing to us.
    If you are lazy to make proper post, we are lazy to respond.
    If you make a proper post, we are more than happy to help.
    If you NEWBIES don't like what we have to say?
    Just go away and don't bother posting.

20. plopkoek

plopkoek New Member

Is it possible to trade between 2 desmume's this way on 1 pc?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.