1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoohoo257

Yoohoo257 Member

Thanks, but I've tried all that. I used every version of Desmume listed on the first page here. It gives me the same thing every time. I tried WinPcap 4.1.1 as well and nothing changed. This is driving me nuts. I'll keep trying though.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

The CMP info you posted shows your setting is all correct. The 'crap......' info should be there, its also correct. But seems to me the problem might lies in your internet itself, either you got a program blocking the ability or firewall still not gave the WinPcap exception rights (admin rights). Do continue trying, as I said XP users shouldn't have bump into problem if you do as instructed and fulfill the terms (using Wired LAN, using router-modem device, home network, etc.). Good Luck.

3. Yoohoo257

Yoohoo257 Member

I did just try deleting everything and starting over again. Those "crap" errors didn't happen again until I replaced the firmware file with one of the alternatives. It still disconnected though.

4. Prectorian

The info showing 'crap.......gonna nuke .....', that should be there to show you had did everything correctly. It shows there is a process of exchanging info (uploading and downloading data). The problem lies with the SOFTAP getting disconnected half way through the process. Well, do try rechecking the settings and all. Really as I said, it shouldn't have encountered any problem on XP if did right. I have to go offline. Will check back on your latest post later tonight. Bye.

5. Yoohoo257

Yoohoo257 Member

Later. Thanks for the help so far.

6. Phuriocity

Phuriocity New Member

Wow, great thread!

So, I've hit a road-block in my journey to the DeSmuMe Wi-Fi Kingdom.

I've done most everything listed in OP, just figured I'd give posting a shot to see if anyone can help out.

Unfortunately, due to my location, I'm forced to use a wireless connection. However, I've read that by bridging the connection with Hamachi, it convinced the emulator it's a wired connection and allows it to work.

Unfortunately again, this has not been my experience. I have everything set up fine up to the connection test (using Hamachi as the bridge network adapter). Now, when I hit connection test, it takes a second, but for about 5-10 seconds, it connects! The output says "WIFI: SoftAP connected!" However, a short few seconds later, it disconnects again. At first I was receiving "WIFI: SoftAP disconnected" every time, but now it doesn't say anything, it simply stops.

So... It's connecting. It works. It just can't keep it up. Is there anything that could be stopping it? I've allowed both programs through my firewalls. I'll be honest, I'm not the best at all this business, but I've gotten pretty far, so I'm hopeful someone can help me resolve this issue.

EDIT: I'm using DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 r3947 x86/x32 WIFI with WinPcap v.4.1.2 straight from the thread in Windows 7.

EDIT 2: More random info, I was successful in having it boot like an NDS and matching/saving the firmware originally, but since closing the program and reopening it, it won't do this anymore, even with the box checked in the emulation options tab.

Probably unrelated, but I'm playing Black 2. (English, EXP-Patched.)

Thanks!

7. Prectorian

@Phuriocity,

Sorry I can't help you, as my topic is about using it on LAN Broadband Cable (Wired Method). If you want to do it on wireless, try watching John3's youtube video, link on page 1. And you could PM John3 and ask about it yourself.

8. Deathlord135

Deathlord135 New Member

Ok I have a problem I have do all the steps up to the testing connection step. When I get here it seems to screw up it "tests" for about 2 mins and then says ERROR CODE 20104 - Unable to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi connection. For help yada yada yada.

9. Prectorian

Sorry, can't help with such minimum info.
    Try the trouble shooter provided on page 1.
    Good luck. Bye.

UPDATE

Keldeo Ordinary Form C-Gear for Pokemon Black and White 1

[​IMG]

Note:
    * Password for Keldeo Resolute Form C-Gear for Pokemon Black and White 2 : KELDEOCGEARBW2

Pokemon Dolls Decor October Edition for Pokemon Dream World Home

[​IMG]

Pokemon Pikachu Doll Decor for Pokemon Dream World Home

[​IMG]

10. Ehnoah

Ehnoah Member

The Authors are in the Thread for Wifi?

Black 2 / White 2 not working with 0.9.7 Wifi, only with 0.9.9 JIT.

I just hope that there will be a update for 0.9.9 :)

11. Prectorian

Wrong. It work on v.0.9.7 version, but need to use Pre-Patch rom.
    No, I will not update to any newer DeSmuMe version in this thread as so far no newer version able to get the WIFI ability working.

12. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

@Prectorian

i could access the wifi and even download the mystery gifts but now every time i connect to the wifi it shows error 20104.

what can be the problem ?
    pls help

13. Yoohoo257

Yoohoo257 Member

I didn't know it only worked with unpatched versions. Nevertheless, I tried it with unpatched versions of both black 2 and white 2 with the same results as before. If I ever do get this to work though, do you know how to get around the experience issue without patching?

14. Ehnoah

Ehnoah Member

Nope sorry if I need to correct you,

It have strong Micro Lags sometimes he not able to fully Render the Game. Only in Black / White 2 (J). But (USA) not working on 0.9.7

On 0.9.9 it is working fine, no micro lags (FPS Drops) no crashes and full Rendering of the "Map"

But yeah, if you not able to patch this is ok. This was just a question :)

15. Prectorian

Not sure why for you its not working. But on mine it does work. Well, the lagging is sure to be there, after all emulator is a program that emulates the function of a real console, but its ability is limited by the spec of the computer its running on. You can try to use pre-patched rom with Action Replay activated, you can use the AR code provided by Jhon591 in the Techincal Section for No$Zoomer.

You get around the AP issues such as No EXP issue by using pre-patched rom or using Action Replay codes.

Not sure what the problem is, but its for sure related to your internet connection. I don't see the mystery gift as the source of the issue you faced. The only possible cause if lets say the mystery gift is faulty, it will cause the save file to be deleted. But in this case it didn't.

INFO

[​IMG]

16. Masih89

Masih89 Member

Hello minions and slaves of prectorian!
    I have RISEN!

I know it's been a year anda few months since i posted in here.
    But I come with good news and major breakthroughs, but first I want to thank Praectorian for making this come true for me and so many others.

First I must say, I have had most of all the problems possible, but I have solved them all, yet the Last one remains to be completely tested.

There is a way to play the emulator on a wireless However it requires a "bridge" to any physical cable connection to the very least, HAMACHI Does NOT work, neither any loopback adapters, there is a trick to order the connection priority however, but works with most APIPA node ends if it comes as first establishment connection.

And a year ago Kazowars said this in another forum: "I would like to add that the firmware needs to be dumped form your DS. you can not use that french one that is floating about on the net. each DS has a mac address, and the mac address is stored in the firmware, and the mac address in the firmware is used by desmume when you are using the firmware. from my experence you can not log on to NWC using a mac address that is already online. I had problems connecting both DeSmuME and my DS at the same time to trade over Pokemon from different versions with myself. If i went on wifi with desmume first, my DS was blocked, if i went on with my DS first, desmume was blocked. I was using the firmware from my ds in desmume. after i got firmware from another ds the problem was solved.

if you are using the french firmware like 90%+ of the other people who uses it for desmume and wifi, you are all fighting to log on. when every someone makes it on all other people are blocked until they get off then one more gets on and everyone else is blocked."

But I have found a way to spoof the MAC adress of your Firmware profile for Desmume allowing simultaneous access to the Nintendo Networks for all of emulators.
    How this is done i can yet not reveal due to irreliable circumstances. (after all I am only 1 person).
    And yes i can confim prepatched DW and BW2 does ALSO work by following this guide And the correct emulator revision 3947 with WinPCap.
    And for those in the pokemon community, RNG:ing Does ALSO work on all versions of pokemon, the emulator has its own parameters, and you can rng shinies / legendaries / legendary shinies / starters / events andtrade through the emulator RNG or not to your own DS or another emulator.

All I can say is don't give up, Most problems "Errors" come because of Firewalls/Bad Connection OR not having the proper files/setups.

If you can get the game to work, you can move on to the next step - WFC Connection, and lastly if you are using multiple emulators OR have emulator friends with same MAC OR scared to get blocked off WFC due to others already using it, MAC spoofing.

17. Prectorian

@ Masih89,

LOL those reading or following my topic isn't my slaves.
    In your PM to me, you said you needed a copy of my 'firmware.dfc' for your experiment purpose ?
    If you still need those, you can find 2 copies on page 1; Mine and John3's.

18. ss4adib

ss4adib New Member

Could someone please help me? This used to work last year for me but now it doesn't work. I always get Error Code 52200. I've tried everything but for the love of god it wont connect. Any suggestions?

19. Prectorian

For the love of God, I don't know what you did that caused it to not work any longer if it had worked before.
    Maybe check your internet connetion setup or settings. Couldn't be the DeSmuMe being faulty.
    Or maybe try going to church and confess your sins might help. :p

20. Trollz

Trollz New Member

Error 20100, but if i try connection it says connection successful. (Only with the firmwares you've provided). Otherwise, i get 50000 when connection test. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.