1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RetroGamer22

RetroGamer22 Member

I have reinstalled WinPcap (I saw someone else's post that said removing 4.1.2 and installing 4.1.1 instead fixed their problem, but I got nada). I tried most of the other fixes in the OP and still got no change. Well after what you just said I figure it's most likely having issues because there's 2 other computers connected to the same router and modem as me. Phooey.

edit: By the by, trying to set up the Wifi using the instructions in the OP gave me a 50000 error. The replacement firmwares both work however. I wonder what's different about them.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Links are working fine. What you need to do is change to using another browser. It's more than likely that the browser you are using blocks off possibility to download from the link. Sorry, but I can't send it as email attachment, due to privacy reason.

INFO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UPDATE

Pokemon Global Link Website is back online! Enjoy!

3. Prectorian

Update

POKEMON HALLOWEEN 2012 C-GEAR Theme for Pokemon Black and White 2 (J)

[​IMG]

Download Link : Pokemon Black and White Latest Distribution C-Gear Skins (JPN)(EU)

Upcoming Events:

• Shadow Tag Gothorita : Nov. 19th 2012
    • Meloetta : -
    • Techno Blast Genesect : Oct. 7th 2012
    • Victini, Reshiram, and Zekrom C-Gear Skin, and 3 PKM BW Starter DW Dolls : Oct. 7th 2012

Info

Unfortunately, PGL website is back down for unscheduled maintenance. So if you try going online via your Game Sync, you'll get an error message informing of the maintenance. Be patient.

Info

PGL website back online, maintenance is over. Just in time for the official PKM BW 2 US release.

4. Prectorian

5. RetroGamer22

RetroGamer22 Member

Weirdly my DeSmuMe says the SoftAP server is out of range now, but it was ok before last week's PGL maintenance period. The firmware replacements that worked last time aren't working now. I don't even know anymore :S

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

prectorian... will this work with the latest unofficial version of DeSmuME?
    Just wondering, 'cause it might be good if you update your guide if it works.

7. tadhi

tadhi New Member

I don't know if you guys know this, but you can use wi-fi feature via Android USB Tethering..
    so if you don't have wired connection, or you got error 52000 all the time (believe me, there's nothing you can do), but you have android smartphone, you're lucky.. Just make sure that your android can connect to internet and it's fast.

Remove your wired connection first, then connect your android to your pc/laptop via USB tethering so your pc/laptop can connect to Internet as well. Now all you have to do is doing exactly what the tutorial in page 1 said, and viola! The only difference is between wired connection and connection via android usb tethering.

Tested by me, so if you used wired connection but got error 52000 (like me), it's on your router, there's nothing you can do, because when I using my android phone, it's work perfectly, i don't even have to re-setting anything..

too bad i lost my android couple days ago :'(

8. Prectorian

No, new version won't work. But I don't find myself with any problem using this r3947. So long there's patched rom or AR codes, then all is well.
    So far I don't need to use AR codes for any new roms, just patched roms.

Try to press 'CTRL-R' to reset the settings. Or maybe delete the firmware.dfc and let it make a new one. Or check your Network connection, did your internet change from home network to public or work. Change it back to home network if it does. Sometimes it might happen on certain cases.

9. avengerr

avengerr Member

anytips to speed desmume up in the vm i can play it full speed normally but on the vm it goes superslow on me

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

No... the extra layer of emulation caused by the VM is eating your computer's resources. Don't run it in a VM.

11. rockingwing

rockingwing New Member

So, is there a fix to Error 20100? My console output only says SoftAP connected, but no DNS request for the servers whatsoever.
    UPnP is activated, Firewalls completely disabled and SoftAP can connect fine in the Wifi settings.
    Using Win8 64bit. WinPcap and Desmume both running as Admin

12. Prectorian

1. Are you using Wired Lan Broadband or Wireless? Must be Wired connection.
    2. If you are using Wired, then check your network, is it Home Network or others? Must be Home.
    3. Is the modem-router use by more than 1 computer? Switch of the other computers and see if it work
    4. Sometimes a simple Restart should solve the issue
    5. Try replacing the firmware.dfc with the one provided on page 1
    6. No one tells you to disable firewall.
    7. Other possible trouble shooting can be seen on page 1

*I wonder how you are using WIN 8 when it's not even officially released.

13. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

at last my wifi connection worked choose the 1st option for downloading there is no need to configure the firmware.

Thanks @ Prectorian

today i downloaded genesect see below
    [​IMG]

14. Prectorian

You're welcome.
    Yeah...had got the mythical pokemon yesterday too.

15. Yoohoo257

Yoohoo257 Member

I absolutely cannot get this to work. I'm getting the 52000 error that so many people keep having issues with and I've followed every solution step to get past it. It still happens though. I'm using wired LAN, I'm the only computer connected to it, I've replaced the firmware.dfc, and I'm running this on an XP computer. I've tried using this with several different games with no luck at all. Any ideas?

Update:
    The output console is giving me a repeated error about nuking packets. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Here's the log that happens every time I try to connect with any variation of settings and firmware files.

[​IMG]

16. dblood

dblood Well-Known Member

posting to get replys

17. ackley94

ackley94 New Member

ok im having the issue of when i click wifi settings in my pokemon black version to it take me back to the title screen where it says press start

18. rockingwing

rockingwing New Member

1. Wired
    2. Home network
    3. Other computers are turned off.
    4. Tried several restarts :/
    5. Using one of the firmware.dfc from page1
    6. I know.

EDIT: Forget what I said, switching from x86 Desmume to x64 did the deal for me =)

19. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

i hav got this working, but i have to do this thing every time i start the game , doesnt the settings gets saved the first time we do it.

20. Prectorian

It should have saved. Maybe your computer security is blocking the ability.

@rockingwing,

Good to know you solved it.

@1D,
    Thanks for posting.

@Ackley94,
    Use pre-patched rom.

@Yoohoo257,
    XP users shouldn't have gotten the error as there's no DEP security measure in the OS. Make sure to use x86 version instead of x64. And try WinPcap v.4.1.1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.