1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slipperysanta

slipperysanta New Member

That is the exact tutorial I followed to set up virtual box, thank you.

I was unsure at first, i thougth you use virtualbox for a second desmume instance, and then run another desmume on the main OS with wifi settings set to use the adapter that virtual box installs("host only controller" sun) so that you make a lan between your main OS and the virtual machine.

Do you think you can run 2 instances of desmume on 2 virtual machines wired for lan for trading? I'm trying now with both using NAT networks but when i join the trading room, both "players are in empty rooms". I think it's because i use the special firmware.dfc so both desmume's are identical so they conflict in ip/mac adress. I will try now withouth the .dfc file.

Also do you think setting the networks for both VMs to internal with the same name would work?

Edit: I'm also trying out various settings togheter ith hamatchi, but it doesn't semm to work. There was a nother vpn program called Leaf wich was awesome back then. But the site was shut down, bankrupcy or soemthing.

2. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

then how do find it in firewall , does is runs in any other name or how do i install it properly

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Should be registered as 'rpcapd.exe'. If you can't find it in your firewall/antivirus exception list. Go to your C:/ directory, locate it. And give it 'full control' rights. If that is the issue that you had to resolve. Else, it could have something to do with your internet setup, as I recall you are in India, right? And you did asked about how to setup your internet protocols. Could be that has something to do with it, too. But technical wise related to this, I'm not well versed.

UPDATE

Reshiram, Zekrom and Keldeo Doll for Pokemon Dream World Home

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Guadeno

Guadeno Member

So I just tried it with the recommend SVN 3947 version and IT WORKED!!!
    :)

5. Prectorian

So what did you change to get it working?
    Aside from the things I already mentioned.
    Could be a useful input for me to add to page 1.

6. Guadeno

Guadeno Member

I just used the 0.9.7 3947 instead of the 0.9.7 4003 and then it worked^^
    Exactly the same settings :)

7. Prectorian

Then how come it didn't work before?
    I had always recommended the SVN 3947 from the start.
    Strange....

Just bought a router, and tested the connection in this manner below:

[telephone line] - [Modem-Router] - [LAN Broadband Cable] - [Router+WIFI Antenna] - [LAN Broadband Cable] - [Laptop]

During testing, I didn't have any other device connected to the Wireless Router, works fine using the above method.
    Will update further when I do another round of testing involving 1 computer connected via wireless, while the other still on the above system. By the way, the router is set as 'DYNAMIC IP".

8. Guadeno

Guadeno Member

Mark the "5. DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 r3947 x86/x32 WIFI with WinPcap v.4.1.2 :" with colors so others can see it better^^
    I choosed at the beginning the newest version and it didn't worked with it ;)

9. avengerr

avengerr Member

can anyone help me desmume is perfectly running sound and but no display on my win8 need help plz
    edit:it seems like i can click and everything just no display(i know because it enters the game from the ds menu when i press the A button or click where the button is supposed to be

10. Prectorian

If its related to roms, please ask in the Technical Section.
    By the way, you're lacking in information, not much help can be provided
    with insufficient info given. Maybe try to run the emulator in 'Run as Admin' or 'Run in Compatible Mode",
    or check if the rom you're trying to run need to be patched. In any case, any further inquiry on your issue
    best placed in the Technical Section.

UPDATE

Pokemon Centre Single Battle Strongest Class Pokemon for Pokemon Black and White 2

[​IMG]

Download Link : Pokemon Black and White Latest Distribution Wondercard Event (JPN)(EU)

11. John3

John3 Member

If this does not mention some of your questions it is cause I don't know: So, I think you can connect using 2 different VMs. I don't think that the firmware.dfc has something to do with the problem since I have battled a few times with other people. I am not sure however, so remember: In the first page where the troubleshooting for error code 20104 is explained there are 2 links. Each of them contains a different .dfc file. One is mine and the other one is prectorian's. Use mine in one of the VMs and prectorian's on the other one. If it works then it means that people that have the same .dfc can't battle. If it does not work then you are doing something wrong.

12. jpcenet

jpcenet New Member

I don't have internet at home, I currently only use the internet at my university(through an Ethernet cable)
    I assume since it's a public router system this won't work, correct?

13. Prectorian

Likely not, since its multi-port ethernet. But no harm giving it a try. 50-50.

14. _-#!.?|(){}

_-#!.?|(){} New Member

um, just wondering, would it be possible to have 2 games connect non-wired without needing to connect to WFC? i know nintendo blocked wireless WFC very early in its support, but i was wondering if there was any way me and my friend could connect through the same network without needing to connect to nintendos servers, as i can connect to my network, just not WFC.

15. Prectorian

Then you're talking about getting 2 DeSmuMe to use the features meant for IR (Infra Red) ? Because the WFC means its via WIFI. You want not to use WFC, then the answer is no...not possible. DeSmuMe doesn't support IR, while you need friend code to detect each other, even if 2 computers are connected via AD-HOC, it still won't work. I had used a program called 'Connectify-me' to link 2 or more computers wirelessly to share internet connection between them, tried to link 2 DeSmuMe between the 2 computers, and its a no go....doesn't even detect each other.

16. RetroGamer22

RetroGamer22 Member

Well, after an hour of fiddling with settings I gave in and downloaded the first replacement firmware which finally got DeSmuMe able to connect to SoftAP. Yay! But now I'm getting Error 20100 when trying to use Game Sync in Pokemon White. I thought I was golden when it finally connected in WFC Settings :/ Can anyone help me? I'm using version 0.9.7 svn3947 on Windows XP, wired ethernet connection, DeSmuMe and WinPCap set as exceptions from my firewall.

17. jpcenet

jpcenet New Member

yea it didn't work xD
    O well, guess I'll stick to none wifi game play.....
    Buying a DS isn't an option right now.

18. Prectorian

Installing on XP shouldn't have resulted to any issue since it got no DRM like the Win7/Win Vista.
    Try uninstalling WinPcap and reinstall it. And make sure there isn't more than 1 computer going online via the router-modem at same time.
    But for your info WFC will be locked down between tomorrow (25/9) until October 3rd. No WIFI feature will be accessable (PGL, Global Battle, nor Game Sync).

So....to everyone who comes to this topic between tomorrow until Oct. 3rd. Please don't ask why PGL/Game Sync, Global Battle and Trade isn't working. Pokemon.com is undergoing maintanace to prepare the site to accomodate both BW1 and BW2 for EU-US region. Not sure about Aus and other regions.

19. PInPin

PInPin New Member

I can't donlowad "DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 r3947 x64 WIFI with WinPcap v.4.1.1 "
    Will anybody sent it to me ?

I've got it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.