1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zpl

Zpl New Member

Ok, well im having problem getting the wifi to work, i'll try fix it later, but i dont gain any exp in pokemon, whats that all about? :S

Edit: Fixed the exp issue, forgot to add the hex codes =)

2. Guadeno

Guadeno Member

Hey,

I always get the error 50000.
    I'm running it as Admin. It's in the exception list of my firewall, I'm using a Lan cabel to a router and I clicked on infrastructure (I only have one in the List, named Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller), I'm using external bios7, bios9 and firmware. Just everything is right.
    So I'm searching for an Access Points and it finds SoftAP with full connection. But when it tries to connect with it, first the connection is green, but a few seconds later it goes red and I get the error 50000 (No Access Point in range).
    Can you help me? :/

PS:
    When I'm trying to connect inGame (Pokemon Black) to the WFC, while its connecting (its green) then the game freezes for about 2-3 seconds and the connection is red....

PPS:
    When I'm trying it with Desmume 0.9.6 I get the 20104 error...
    (Both Firmware.dfc doesn't work)

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You are on Win 7 right?
    Did you use the package labeled as x86/x32 or x64?
    If its x86/x32, delete it. And download the x64 version.
    Do the steps all over again.

If your router/modem is dual (LAN cable and WIFI), try not to activate the wifi side of the router, disable it from your control panel. If you have more than 1 computer connected to the router via LAN cables, try have the other computers off. It could cause conflict in the IP recoqnition for WinPcap (softAP) though that is not always the case. You might need to assign a static IP on your setup. Maybe even do a re-start process for your computer so that the firewall/DRM recoqnize the DeSmuMe and SoftAP. In some cases, a simple shut down-restart is what you may need.

The error means either something (a setting) is blocking the emulation and or the infrastructre isn't what your router is using. Anyway, if your router is also wifi capable, might want to give John3's method a try, I had it listed on page 1. There's a youtube video to setup the emulator using tunneling program to trick the emulator to thinking its on LAN cable for those running wireless routers.

UPDATE

Kanto Starter Egg Distribution for Pokemon Black and White 2

[​IMG]

Download : Pokemon Black and White Latest Wondercard Distribution Event (JPN)(EU)

Note:
    Keep in mind that wondercards meant for Pokemon Black and White 2 are not compatible on Pokemon Black and White 1. But those for Pokemon Black and White 1 (including earlier versions) are compatible on Pokemon Black and White 2. Make sure to read the labels on each wondercard folder carefully to avoid adding wrong version.

4. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

thanks for the latest update, Prectorian, I've been waiting to get a legit Kanto starter.

5. Guadeno

Guadeno Member

Yes I have Win7 64 Bit and I'm using the 64 Bit version of Desmume^^
    My Router has Wifi and LAN and there are 3 Computers connected with the Router via LAN (I have a Speedport W 723V Typ A)
    I will try it in the next hours again when the other computers are turned off. Thanks for the advice :)

Edit:
    So I just tried it (One of the other Computers is on) and the test connection worked. But inGame it says Error 20100, no connection to the WFC possible :/
    So I can connect succesful to SoftAP, but I can't connect to WFC.
    (So I read a post from you on the first site about error 20100, but) Our telephone is not linked with the router, I have really really fast Internet (In Germany it says DSL 50.000. Most of the people have a 6.000 or 16.000 DSL, so my Internet is really fast. It only needs a few seconds to connect to SoftAP).
    I have no Internet problems or something at the moment and my connection is set as a Home Connection..

6. Prectorian

@Guadeno,

Really sorry, I have no knowledge about what the network is like in Germany. But based on your explaination then I should assume that your connection system is not [telephone line] - [modem/router] - [LAN Broadband Cable] - [computer] but is [LAN Broadband Cable] - [modem/router] - [LAN Broadband Cable] or [wireless receptor/repeater] - [modem/router] - [LAN Broadband Cable] ?

I think you should see in your internet connection (Network Connection Setting) if it really use Infrastructure (PCIe GBE Family Controller), I should come to think your computer internet is one that doesn't actually use Infrastructure. I have not much know-how about technical network stuff, maybe the Mods or someone else could come around here to give some sort of advice about your issue.

But I can assure you that the WFC issue is very much related to your internet setup, once you get over that technical issue with how your computer/internet configuration, it should work. The DeSmuMe and SoftAP should work well after the internet connection setup is resolved.

@Max,

You're welcome.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Germany uses ADSL over ISDN. Howver nothing beyond (outside) the router should have any relevance. All that should matter is you are using an ethernet cable to connect your PC to your router, and you're using an RFC1918 subnet inside the router. Wired ethernet is inherently infrastructure mode (wires are infrastructure)

8. Guadeno

Guadeno Member

[My PC] - Lan Cabel - [My Router] - Some other Cabels in the Wall...^^
    This is what I see in the Network Settings:
    [​IMG]

I have to say:
    Sometimes I can connect to SoftAP, and sometimes I can't ... I don't know why (I think it doesn't works when another computer is on at the same time, but I can't go to my parents or my sister and say: Hey, could you turn the computer off, I want to play Pokemon online :D)
    Thanks for the advice^^

9. EmperorCat

EmperorCat New Member

I get this:
    DeSmuME 0.9.7 svn3947 x86
    - compiled: Mar 17 2011 10:34:49

addonsChangePak
    Microphone successfully inited.
    DeSmuME 0.9.7 svn3947 x86
    SoftRast Initialized
    Already decrypted.

ROM crc: B07ABCA6
    ROM serial: NTR-IRAO-Unknown
    ROM internal name: POKEMON W

ROM game code: IRAO

DEBUG_reset: 00479F80
    ARM7 BIOS is loaded.
    ARM9 BIOS is loaded.
    Firmware:
    - path: C:\Games\DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 x86-x32 WIFI Capability WinPcap v.4.1.2\Firmwar
    e\firmware.bin
    - size: 262144 bytes (32 Mbit)
    - CRC : 0xABBB
    - header:
    * size firmware 0
    * ARM9 boot code address: 0x00000180
    * ARM9 boot code RAM address: 0x021F0000
    * ARM9 unpacked size: 0x00000014 (20) bytes
    * ARM9 GUI code address: 0x000183B0

* ARM7 boot code address: 0x000001A0
    * ARM7 boot code RAM address: 0x0380F800
    * ARM7 WiFi code address: 0x0000F5B0
    * ARM7 unpacked size: 0x00000110 (272) bytes

* Data/GFX address: 0x000002C0

Flashme:
    - header:
    * ARM9 boot code address: 0x000323B0
    * ARM9 boot code RAM address: 0x0231FE00
    * ARM9 unpacked size: 0x00010F24 (69412) bytes

* ARM7 boot code address: 0x00029FA8
    * ARM7 boot code RAM address: 0x037FA600
    * ARM7 unpacked size: 0x0000B1EC (45548) bytes

Loading G:\New folder\Pokémon White\Pokémon White.nds was successful
    Emulation unpaused
    Firmware: save config - failed
    WIFI: SoftAP connected!
    THUMB7: Undefined instruction: 0x0000BBCC (1011101111) PC=0x02F6CFC0
    ARM7: Undefined instruction: 0x0000BBCC (000000001100) PC=0x02F6CFC0
    THUMB7: Undefined instruction: 0x0000B9E4 (1011100111) PC=0x02F6CFC6
    ARM7: Undefined instruction: 0x0000B9E4 (000000001110) PC=0x02F6CFC6
    THUMB7: Unimplemented opcode BKPT

10. Prectorian

@ Guadeno,
    You will have to try figure out your internet connection setup, I really am unable to assist.
    The image you show/post is what everyone will see when they are connected to an internet, What you need to see is in
    the 'Adapter Setting' under 'Network Connection' in the 'Control Panel', See if you are online using the same infrastucter as that
    listed in the DeSmuMe setup. Other than that, I don't quite know what else you should do.

@EmperorCat,
    The info you provided isn't much. Copying the details from the CMP isn't what's important to assist you. What I do see from there
    is that your setup of the Bios and Firmware fail, either you didn't assign it yet, or you missed assigned them. Besides that, I can't
    tell if you are on Win XP/Vista/7 or what OS? Or if it run on x32 bit or x64 bit. Then, are you on wireless or LAN Cable? Is there
    more than 1 computer running through the same router or not? Etc. Anyway, try doing the troubleshooting provided.

UPDATE

Klink! C-Gear Distribution Event for Pokemon Black and White 1 (EU)(US)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. EmperorCat

EmperorCat New Member

I'm using win 7 32bit on lan cable. My pc is on lan cable and laptop is connected wireless to router

12. Prectorian

Then you should have tried the method provided by John3 in a youtube video in page 1.
    Not the method I listed. But if you run to problem for wireless method, please inquire him via PM (private message)
    as I never tried the wireless method. His video shows how he use a tunneling program to emulate LAN
    to trick SoftAP to thinking its on wired connection/infrastructure.

INFO

[​IMG]

13. Guadeno

Guadeno Member

Hey, so it looks like this:
    [​IMG]

And in Desmume I have Infrastructure and in the list "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller"
    (GBE = Gigabit Ethernet)
    When no other computer is turned on I can connect to SoftAP succesful, but I can't connect to WFC. (Error 20100)
    When another computer is on I can't connect to SoftAP.
    I really don't know whats the problem :/

PS:
    Is it maybe because I am using the german version? Does this all only works with the US version of the game?

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

language is unlikely to have any effect.

15. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

im getting error code 52100

16. Guadeno

Guadeno Member

So I tried it now a few days and it just don't works.
    All other computers are turned off, WLAN is deactivated, I'm using Ethernet Lan Cable, everything is in my firewall open, all settings in Desmume are exactly what they have to be, I'm starting it as Admin, and it just don't works.
    I become everytime the error 50000 (Can't connect to SoftAP).
    A few days ago it could connect to SoftAP perfectly (A few hours later it didn't worked) and I don't know why!
    Everything is exactly what it have to be!
    At the one time i could connect to SoftAP, I couldn't connect to WFC ingame :/ (error 20XXX)

So now I downloaded the newest version (0.9.9 r4396) and now now I get the 52100 error.
    I tried to set up the settings manually, but then it can't connect, too..
    (I'm using the same values, how they stand in my router settins.)
    And since the newer version it says in the cmd after I'm connecting:
    [​IMG]

17. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

im also getting the same thing
    first softAP connected and after sometimes softAP disconnected

and i cant find winpcap in firewall

pls any one help.

18. slipperysanta

slipperysanta New Member

Hello. I've been trying for a day now to use this guide to setup a wifi connection for personal use with pokemon heartgold/soulsilver. Basically, i only need it to be able to trade with myself.
    I've followed a youtube guide using a wireless connection that involved virtual box. So i've set this up and using NAT networking on the VM(virtual machine), the desmume on VM would allways result "connection succesful", but the host desmume would allways give error 52000.

Thinking it was any combination of kaspersky blocking traffic or the fact that i was unsure wich connection to select in the wifi seetings of desmume(either ieee wireless adaptor or the new virtualbox host only controller called "sun"), I set up another VM.

I used internal network for both VM1 and VM2, set up a basic ip config for them (192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0/blank for VM1 and 192.168.0.2/255.255.255.0/192.168.0.1 for VM2). Everything was looking good, i used the cmd line "ping" on both VMs and also shared folders between them succesfully.
    I installed winpcap on both VMs ofcourse, but still i was getting error 52000 on both machines now. At one point, I enabled 2 adaptors for VM1, one linked to the internet connection of the host pc and shared, the other using the above ip settings. It seemed to work, desmume on VM2 now connected succesfully, but on VM1 again error 52000.

I'm running out of ideas here. I want to setup the wifi settings inside the games manually, but I'm not sure how. they need DNS settings wich i can probably fill randomly, but the VM1 needs a gateway, wich it doesn't have, what to type here :)?

Also for all test in VM1 and VM2 i had windows firewall OFF and running a clean win xp sp2.

19. John3

John3 Member

I re-uploaded the video due to bad editing of the previous one (some words were missing). : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xJm7TF7OW8

20. Prectorian

@Guadeno,
    New DeSmuMe releases will never be able to work, your option is to use the one posted on page 1. As I said before, issue is with your internet setup, not with the DeSmuMe. If its not resolved, it'll not work. However I can't help since I don't understand how the internet connection is like in Germany.

@Neon32,
    If SoftAP isn't showing in your list then that means either its not installed properly, blocked by your firewall/antivirus, or your internet connection is the kind that doesn't work on infrastructure method.

@slipperysanta,
    For wireless method, ask John3. I can't assist.

@John3,
    Thanks, will re-place page 1 link.

UPDATE

Mew's Victory Digital Prize Pack Theme from Pokemon Power Bracket Competition

[​IMG]

Download Digital Prize Package : MEW POKEMON POWER BRACKET PRIZE CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Note:
    In the package;
    1. MEW Animated GIF ICON
    2. MEW WALLPAPER (1024 x 768, 1280 x 1024, and 1440 x 990) (use according to your monitor size)
    3. ScreenSaver for Windows and MAC (use according to your OS)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.