1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xBladeM6x

xBladeM6x New Member

Wait a second, so you're saying if my connection is this:

Cable -> Modem -> NETGEAR Wireless Ethernet Hub / Router -> Computer (Connected through LAN)

... then that won't work? I'm assuming it would have to look like this:

Cable -> Modem -> Computer (Connected through LAN)

Edit: I tried that method and it worked. Wow, so simple, yet such a pain in the ass. Lmao

2. Jakuza

Jakuza New Member

That's simple not true.

My connection with the last v0.9.9 r4367 same as v0.9.7 SVN 3947

WIFI: SoftAP: Received a packet of length 364 bytes. Frame control = 0108
    WIFI: SoftAP: Received a packet of length 30 bytes. Frame control = 00C0
    WIFI: SoftAP disconnected!

Same stable pocket lenghts and same Error Code

If i trying with v0.9.6 i get 52100 Error codes and this messages in the Output window :

WIFI: SoftAP connected!
    WIFI: SoftAP : detected DNS request to conntest.nintendowifi.net
    WIFI: SoftAP disconnected

If i trying to check conntest.nintendowifi.net in my browser , the page working fine and response quickly, it says 'This is test.html page'.

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

@xBladeM6x,
    That's what I meant, the connection should be in that manner, if not followed for some reason it won't work.
    Glad to see you had it working with the setup I said. Just a note; that emulators are slow as it rely on the user's
    computer spec, its not the actual device, so bear with it. You can try to fiddle with the configuration to try speed it up.
    Also in some cases, you might need patched roms to play on emulators due to the rom containing anti piracy.

@Jakuza,
    You seems to have better knowledge about computer and DeSmuMe than me, so please continue trying what
    you know best. My knowledge is based on the info given by the dev team and my past experience running the
    program on 3 generations of Win OS, as well as trying it on 4 different connection menthod. Its not much know-how
    as all was based on trial and errors. So if you believe that your current computer-internet setup will work, then by all
    means stick to it. Cause I can't say it will or won't work as my resources are limited to what I have at my disposal.

4. Jakuza

Jakuza New Member

I finaly made it. Needed other version of v0.9.7 SVN 3947 and needed other DNS setting than 4.2.2.2 or other DNS settings. Worked only with my internet provider DNS settings.

5. Prectorian

Good for you, I know you know better about computer than me. ;)

6. Cruster

Cruster New Member

Ive done everything , and at the end the connectiontest does work too. But when I try to connect with Wi-FI in Pokemon Heartgold the Connectionbar always gets green but only for a few seconds, and then it turns red and it says that theres an error in the data transfer (Errorcode 54000 ) .....
    HELP :(

7. Prectorian

@Cruster,
    Which in-game feature did you tried? Pokemon generation 4 and 5 has more than 1 in-game feature that utilize either WIFI and/or IR, depending on which feature is being used. Oh, another thing, is that not all in-game feature will work using emulator. Those that uses IR feature will not work simply because no emulator supports it. That error code simply means the connection being unstable.

Unfortunately, I haven't touch HG/SS for such a long time and didn't keep any save file of my past gameplay, and I don't intend in anyway to re-play the game just for testing purpose......I haven't even finished playing Pokemon White 1 either, still at 70% through the game, and it has stayed that way for months. Too lazy to continue. So, if what you said is true....given that you did setup the emulator properly and it gave you "test connection sucessful", the issue could then only be either of these 2:
    1. the in-game feature you are trying to use is among those that don't work on emulator ------> no remedy to this case
    2. your connection had a hickup ----> try and try again doing the connection in this case

Another thing, since I don't know what feature is being used that you are talking about, and I am no psyhic....not harry potter.....not a gipsy that do mind reading either. If you are trying to do a connection with yourself, either; a. emulator to nds console or b. emulator to emulator; it can't be done using the same IP address as it will cause conflict thus result to error.

8. Cruster

Cruster New Member

Hi,

i tried the "Wi-Fi-Club" where you can exchange Pokemons online (didnt try exchangen with myself)... and it clearly says "Nintendo Wifi Connection" not IR .
    I guess thats exactly the same like in Pokemon White/Black. I havent tried it with those by now..
    Maybe I sort of have to edit something in the Connection options ?

PS: Now tried it a few times after the other a now Connectionbar stays red until it says Connectionerror. When I restart the game again the bar gets green again and in the end the error code 54000 apperas again

EDIT: I downloaded a another Desmume version and now it works ! :) But thanks for the help too :)

9. Prectorian

@Cruster,
    Strange issue, but seeing you had it solved that's good to know.
    Sorry wasn't of much help, I haven't played PKM HG/SS for such a long time.

10. Lupdemare

Lupdemare Member

Are you supposed to be in Aurora at the beggining?

11. Prectorian

Yes of cause, you become the lead character - the warlord of Aurora Castle. From there you expand your territories. What's wrong with your rom? Did it not start at Aurora?

Oh...I forgot to mention, that if you use the save file I provided in the above that you quoted, its passed the tutorial. But it should be easy to learn the basics. Was only about how to move and attack. All other tutorial will show up when you continue from where I left. I had to do the first 2 tutorial in order to get the rom to save. Without doing that, the WIFI download menu won't show up. In another word, it had to be triggered by doing those 2 tutorials first. So yeah.....its a clean save file that had not been played at all but contain all the extra episodes that will show up as you play through the game.

Pokemon Conquest's Pokemon Password (US)(AU)(EU)

Eevee 2rz3XFCKmR June 1st 2012
    Dratini Sr5Z5GqAgR June 18th 2012
    Gyarados mq2xRVNgRL June 18th 2012
    Cinccino vVALFrGTXX June 18th 2012
    Oshawott frCLRpXG88 June 18th 2012
    Gible LTb3n3RYJ8 / J3mmJr9rX8 June 18th 2012
    Pansear niE33w9rwM June 18th 2012
    Panpour CNZF3wpq3x June 18th 2012
    Axew BqWxXEK3xg June 2012
    Darmanitan pK5RgzqLG8 June 2012
    Sneasel Rc338MpqLx June 2012
    Beldum CMqkZRRSRX June 2012
    Larvitar Lpu3ggCYk8 June 2012
    Emolga Jnm3kqgN8X June 2012
    Pikachu FZP8GqRZRR / urALRZwvRg June 2012 / July 16th 2012
    Riolu Shw8mxRAJR June 2012
    Scyther 8GV3LMGrnM June 2012
    Lapras GfV33RVN3F June 2012
    Croagunk LKpk8FRQR8 June 22nd 2012
    Pansage 6xSG8UCAZR / q5wwwxHD8n June 29th 2012 / July 23rd 2012
    Musharna iMYXwqtHgL June 2012
    Larvesta yQAw81qxGR July 27th 2012
    Chimchar DNB3x2gCgk / RKGBxzC2n8 June 2012
    Deino 8rf3XPwvJw / PKSRGpCPZJ July 2012
    Lilligant RwGxLbHRRk July 2012
    Misdreavus mnKX3qwrZR August 2012
    Snivy XyADXkr138 August 2012
    Zoroark 6iYmwq1Y8w August 2012

12. Lupdemare

Lupdemare Member

Thank you prectorian, for your answer and for making time to upload a save with all the special episodes.
    Yes i started in Aurora.I just thought i would've already get to see all the side quests,forgot about the first part of the game :D ,sillly me.
    And i already mastered the game mechanics,although most of the first part of the main quest even when you get to Dragnor you get all kinda of tutorials about the fields and other kind of advice,so no need to worry.
    BTW:Thank you again .

13. Prectorian

You're more than welcome.
    Yes, there are further tutorials in the game, the ones I did was just the very basic intro so that I could generate a save file for the game, so none was lost. Each extra episode will unfold in due time as you progress though the game. You will get to see and do all of them. Anyway, have fun playing.

UPDATE

Summer GameStop Keldeo Wondercard from GameStop Shop for Pokemon Black and White 1

[​IMG]

Download : Pokemon Black and White Latest Wondercard Distribution (JPN)(EU)

Note:
    If you take this pokemon to Pokemon Black and White 2 (EU)(US), it will learn a special move.

14. John3

John3 Member

Wi-Fi feature with wireless connection!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skc2sG2453k

15. Prectorian

Hi John3,

Long time since your last post, glad to see you got it going through virtualization of the LAN connection via wireless.
    Nice video, should come in handy. :)

16. John3

John3 Member

Thanks! You should put it in the first page of the tutorial so everyone can see it.

17. Zpl

Zpl New Member

Nice guide, one problem is that all links for
    " DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 r3947 WIFI (WinPCap not included): 64bit" is taken down, anyone who got a new link? Or is able to add me on skype and send me or send me an email with it?

Thanks! :)

18. Prectorian

The rest of the links are still up. Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the x64 version. Will try to find.

19. Zpl

Zpl New Member

Okej, but what one works the best for win 7 , 64 bit? :)

20. Prectorian

Links fixed. Both x64 and x32/x86 are both up.
    I use x64 on Win 7. If you bump into issues, check your computer settings (internet connection; security setting; firewall and admin exception).

UPDATE

Nagashima Spa Resort Adventure Camp Fossil Pokemon Wondercard for Pokemon Black and White 1

[​IMG]

Download : Pokemon Black and White Latest Wondercard Distribution Event (JPN)(EU)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.